Some Characteristics of To-day

  • carol
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2008

      RS: '....One should understand that the anthroposophic view of the world is not intended as something sensational for "psychic idlers" — end many of our present day mystics are just that. One should see in it not a kind of dessert supplementing life's external, physical enjoyments, but something connected with the deepest impulses of our cultural life. The latter cannot become healthy unless fructified by the anthroposophic view of the world. We should engrave this fact deeply upon our souls when we have learnt to know this anthroposophic view..."

      The fact of  "imaginative moral impulses" is emphasized in this particular lecture and I find that this is most important in view of the deeply penetrating, multifaceted  forces of chaos we have no choice but to contend with in our current daily lives.

      An internet friend of mine,  who practices a deepened form of meditative Anthroposophy,  collectively,  sent me the following meditations,  because they correspond to a certain  quality of the current season: November-the time of year when we come closest to the world of the dead.

      May I take the freedom to suggest attaching  a few 'spiritual concepts' to living experience so as to better appreciate the video link which I've included at the bottom?

      (re. the anthroposophic view of the world, the deepest impulses of our cultural life, Moral Imagination,   Spirit zone reconnaisance)

      (meditations by RS)

      Meine Liebe sei Dir im  Geistgebiet.

      Lasse finden Deine  Seele

      Von meiner suchenden  Seele.

      Lasse lindern Deine  Kälte

      Von meinem Denken Deines  Wesens.

      So seien wir  verbunden,

      Ich mit Dir

      Und Du mit  mir.

      R. Steiner

      May my love be with you in the Spirit zone.

      Let your soul be found

      By my seeking soul.

      Let your cold be offset

      By my thinking of your essence.

      So we are bound together,

      Me with you

      And you with me.

      As a soul I am not on Earth, except in water, air and fire;

      In my fire, I am in the planets and in the sun.

      In my sun-being I am in the heaven of the fixed stars.

      As a soul I am not on Earth, except in light, Word and life

       In my life I am within the planetary and sun-being:in the spirit of wisdom.

      In my being of wisdom I am in the spirit of love.

      Ich bin als Seele nicht auf der  Erde, sondern nur in Wasser, Luft und Feuer;

      In meinem Feuer bin ich in den  Planeten und der Sonne.

      In meinem Sonnensein bin ich der  Fixsternhimmel.

      Ich bin als Seele nicht auf der  Erde, sondern in Licht, Wort und Leben.

      In meinem Leben bin ich im  Innern des planetarischen- und Sonnenseins: im Geiste der  Weisheit.

      In meinem Weisheitsein bin ich  in dem Geist der Liebe.

      R. Steiner

      Pavarotti - Ave Maria - Schubert

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYrmYXsujI