Soul-Calendar, Week 28 after Easter

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 28, 2008

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from Sept. 8th to Oct. 12th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this e-mail.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 8  *

      Ich kann in Innern neu belebt

      Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten

      Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen

      Aus Seelensonnenmacht

      Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,

      Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,

      Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

      I can in my Inner nature, newly enlivened,

      Feel my own Essence widen,

      And power-filled Thinking-rays

      Out of Soul's Sun-Might

      Life-Riddles loosening giving,

      Lending fulfillment to many Wishes

      That before, all Hope for had had its wings lamed.

         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer.

         This developing self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the Autumn.

         This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its isolation within self into the wide world, and newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life---- which in turn leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, September 28th. Moon Libra. 1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.

      Monday, September 29th. Moon Libra. New Moon. Michael (the Archangel).

      Tuesday, September 30th. Moon Libra. Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church teacher.

      Wednesday, October 1st. Moon Scorpio. 1386 Founding of the University of Heidelburg.  1847 Annie Besant born.

      Thursday, October 2nd. Moon Scorpio. Frumentius (spreader of Christianity in Ethiopia in the 4th Century). 1892 Ernst Renan died.

      Friday, October 3rd. Moon Sagittarius. Dionysius the Aeropagite, comrade of Paul. Jairus (in Matthew's Gospel). Simplicius.

      Saturday, October 4th. Moon Sagittarius. Marcianus (spreader of Christianity in Egypt in the 4th Century).1226 Francis of Assizi died.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

         JUPITER is the bright white 'star' rising in the southeast at sunset and dominating the southern night sky. It has been the only 'evening star' but Venus is now becoming visible each night just above the setting sun. The crescent of the waning moon will approach it by the end of the week.

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 18, 2009
      • 1 Attachment
      • 20 KB
      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
         Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from October 13th to November 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, indigo) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

                    ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

       *  M A N T R A  # 2 8  *

      Ich kann in Innern neu belebt

      Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten

      Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen

      Aus Seelensonnenmacht

      Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,

      Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,

      Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

      I can in Inner newly alive

      Feel my own Essence widen

      And power-filled Thinking-rays

      Out of Soul's Sun-Might

      Life-Riddles loosening giving,

      Lending fulfillment to many Wishes

      That before even the Hope for had had its wings lamed.

      This week's mantra:

         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer.

         This developing self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the Autumn.

         This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its isolation within self into the wide world, and newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life; which in turn leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, October 18th. Moon Scorpio. Luke (the Evangelist).

      Monday, October 19th. Moon Scorpio. Ptolemäus.

      Tuesday, October 20th. Moon Sagittarius. Arthur.

      Wednesday, October 21st. Moon Sagittarius. Ursula (dignitary with 11,000 maidens imprisoned and executed by the Huns).

      .

      Thursday,  October 22nd. Moon Sagittarius. 1811 Franz Liszt born.

       .

      Friday,  October 23rd. Moon Capricorn. Ignatius.

      Saturday,  October 24th. Moon Capricorn.  Raphael (the Archangel).

                                 ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *

      PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky.

      Message 3 of 7 , Oct 30, 2011
      • 1 Attachment
      • 81 KB
      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

          Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the 1st mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

              THE ZODIAC IMAGE

          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, violet, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 2 8  *

      Ich kann in Innern neu belebt

      Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten

      Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen

      Aus Seelensonnenmacht

      Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,

      Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,

      Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

      I can in my Inner self newly alive

      Feel my own Essence widen

      And power-filled Thinking-rays

      Out of the Soul's Sun-Might

      Give to Life's Riddles unloosening,

      Lending fulfillment to many Wishes

      That before, even the Hope for had had its wings lamed.

         The season of Autumn is the "Michaelmas" time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer.

         This developing self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the Autumn.

         This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its isolation within self out into the wide world, and newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life---  which in turn leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, October 30th . Moon CapricornClaudius.

       Monday,  October 31st. Moon Capricorn. Wolfgang.

       Tuesday, N
      ovember 1st. Moon Aquarius.
       Catholic Festival of All Hallows ((became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship that was used in the Pantheon in Rome for all the heathen Gods. The Pantheon was given to Pope Boniface IV by Caesar Photius and consecrated to all the Holies.)

      .Wednesday,
       November 2nd. Moon Aquarius. First Quarter. Festival of All Souls (since 1020 as a Catholic Festival established).

      Thursday,
       November 3rd. Moon Aquarius.  Malachi (the Prophet).

      Friday,  November 4th. Moon Pisces. 1493 Columbus landed in Guadaloupe.

      Saturday,
       November 5th. Moon Pisces.  1494 Hans Sachs born.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

      Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from sunset till shortly before dawn. The full moon next week will be seen close to it.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

      "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars rises shortly after midnight and is visible directly south at sunrise.

      FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the second mantra today.

      Message 4 of 7 , Oct 14, 2012
      • 1 Attachment
      • 20 KB

          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from October 13th through  Nov. 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Violet, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  MANTRA # 28 *

      Ich kann in Innern neu belebt

      Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten

      Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen

      Aus Seelensonnenmacht

      Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,

      Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,

      Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

      I can in my inner being, newly alive,

      Feel my own Essence widen

      And power-filled Thinking rays

      Out of the Soul's Sun-Might,

      Life-Riddles loosening giving,

      Lending fulfillment to many Wishes

      That before, even the Hope for had had its wings lamed.

         The season of Autumn is the 'Michaelmas' time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer.

         This developing self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the Autumn.

         This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its isolation within self and go out into the wide world, and this newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-unsolvable mysteries of life--- which in turn leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday,  October 14th. Moon Libra. New Moon. Callistus.

      Monday,   October 15th. Moon Scorpio.  1844 Friedrich Nietzche born.

      Tuesday,  October 16th. Moon Scorpio. Gallus (the appointer of the cloisters of St. Gallen).

      Wednesday,  October 17th. Moon Sagittarius.  Hilarius.

      Thursday,  October 18th. Moon Sagittarius.  Luke (the Evangelist).

      Friday
       October 19th. Moon Capricorn.  Ptolemäus.

      Saturday,
      October 20th. Moon Capricorn. Arthur.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:
         Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the northeast that rises about 10 P.M.

      Message 5 of 7 , Nov 11, 2012
      • 1 Attachment
      • 19 KB

          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO  from November 10th through  30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of Magenta we can't yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  MANTRA # 32 *

       *  M A N T R A  # 3 2  *

      Ich fühle fruchtend eigne Kraft
      Sich st
      ärkend mich der Welt verleihn;
      Mein Eigenwesen fühl ich kraftend
      Zur Klarheit sich zu wenden
      Im Lebensschicksalsweben.

      I feel my Power bearing fruit
      Strengthening me, the World to lend;
      My Ego-Essence I feel forcefully
      Wending its way to Clarity
      In Life-Destiny-Weaving.

          Autumn is the time in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

          Last week, we felt how the spiritual light of thinking sought to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating sense-existence, and thus started to turn the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces.

          This week's verse describes how these will-forces are now strong enough for the outer world to connect with us (it is 'lent' to us), so that we gain clear insight into the Destiny (karma) events in our lives.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday,  November 11th. Moon Libra. St. Martin's Day.

      Monday,   November 12th. Moon Scorpio. 1869 Maler Fr. Overbeck died.

      Tuesday,  November 13th. Moon Scorpio. New Moon Nicholas I (was in the 9th century as Pope defender of celibacy for priests).

      Wednesday,  November 14th. Moon Sagittarius.  1716 the Philosopher Leibnitz died. 1825 Jean Paul died. 1831 Hegel died.

      Thursday,  November 15th. Moon Sagittarius. Albertus Magnus (the great scholar and researcher of the 13th century, Teacher of Thomas Aquinas). 1630 Astronomer Kepler died. 1738 Astronomer Herschel born. 1741 Lavater born.

      Friday
        November 16th. Moon Capricorn. Edmund (King of England).

      Saturday,
       November 17th. Moon Capricorn.  1875 Blavatsky founded the Theosophical Society.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:
        Mars can still be seen low in the southwest at sunset, except from high latitudes.  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the northeast that rises about 2 hours after sunset.

      Message 6 of 7 , Oct 6, 2013
      • 1 Attachment
      • 139 KB

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

      Sunday, October 6th. Moon Scorpio.  Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Angela (who converted Francis of Assizi to Christianity).

      Monday, October 7th. Moon Scorpio.  Serapius.

      Tuesday, October 8th. Moon Sagittarius.  Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502 Founding of the University of Wittenberg.

      Wednesday,  October 9th. Moon Sagittarius Dionysius (he who conducted the counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).

      Thursday, October 10th. Moon Capricorn  Gideon.

      Friday  October 11th. Moon Capricorn. First Quarter. 1531 Zwingli died.

      Saturday,  October 12th. Moon Aquarius.  Wilfred (acted for the spreading of Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

         Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset. The crescent moon is seen near it Monday and Tuesday nights.