Soul-Calendar, Week 27 after Easter- AUTUMN

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2008

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from Sept. 8th to Oct. 12th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 2 7  *  (AUTUMN)

      In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:

      Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,

      Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,

      Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim

      In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt

      Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

      In my essence's deeps is a force:

      It excites a premonition-filled yearning

      That I in my self-contemplation find

      As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed

      In Autumn's approach warming lives

      As my Soul's Power-Drive.

      This week's mantra:

         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have in Summer.

          Two weeks ago this developing self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone; last week this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in Summer, we carried into our own Wills & this gave backbone to the drives of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling; this is the solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year.

         This week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful force lives in the soul's drives, which is a result of the summer's experience and which we can sense as a seed of future development as we press on into the Autumn and Winter.

      Sunday, September 21st. Moon Gemini. Matthew (the Evangelist).

      Monday, September 22nd. Moon Cancer. Last Quarter.  1452 Savanarola born.

      Tuesday, September 23rd. Moon Cancer. 63 B.C. Augustus born.

      Wednesday, September 24th. Moon Leo. 1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner born.

      Thursday, September 25th. Moon Leo. Cleophas (he who was a leader in the Gospels).

      Friday, September 26th. Moon Virgo. Justina, who converted the Cyprian Magicians.

                  Justinianus I, the founder of numerous Churches.

      Saturday, September 27th. Moon Virgo.     Cosmas and Damian, famous medical benefactors of the 3rd Century.

                           1825 Opening of the first railway.

         JUPITER is the bright white 'star' rising in the southeast at sunset and dominating the southern night sky. It has been the only 'evening star' but Venus is now becoming visible each night just above the setting sun.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman. com