Re: Steiner on "Overpopulation": Please Help me Understand:

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2008
      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "christopherraymond_bio"
      <christopherraymond_bio@...> wrote:
      > Did Steiner ever speak on such a matter of overpopulation?

      Just did a quick search at the eLib and some Googling.
      Don't know whether RS said anything directly on the
      subjuct, but I found this:
      <http://www.transintelligence.org/articles/From%20Malthus.htm>
      You can see there is a reference to Steiner's lecture
      of Oct. 7th 1916: `Goethe and the Crisis of the 19th Century'.
      I didn't find it at the eLib, but that lecture might
      be a place to start researching.

      Robert M
    • christopherraymond_bio
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15, 2008
        Thank you Robert.

        I believe Ahriman is using 'overpopulation' as a means to justify not
        only authority to certain people (to cull as they deem necessary), but
        also to CONVINCE us that the highest ideal is based upon the notion
        that 'they' can be gentler to all of humanity than can be nature if
        left to run it's course. Ahriman wants people to be taking this
        responsibility upon their shoulders like some hero. "Can anyone argue
        against our mathematics to save humanity" etc - this is their ploy.
        Perhaps using "overpopulation" as a means to an end, akin to saying
        "Order at all Costs".

        It's like Goethe vs. Bacon played out on a massive scale.

        I hope to find the higher truth, or ideal in this particular matter.
        I ask what does Christ prefer we do in a matter of overpopulation?
        Perhaps, Dr. Steiner may be of the few who can help us understand.
        Blessings,
        Chris

        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Mason" <robertsmason_99@...>