Steiner on "Overpopulation": Please Help me Understand:

  • christopherraymond_bio
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15 9:59 AM
      Dear Robert/Duward and everyone: I have not checked my email account
      until today and I've discovered that my email has been deactivated and
      I cannot seem to get it working again. So if any PM's are sent to my
      email, I apologize for not getting back. Thankfully, my 'username' is
      still active here.

      Friends:
      I'm hoping that perhaps some of you are aware of the issue of
      overpopulation. I have not posted here in quite some time but I knew
      that I would once more be frequenting this site and asking for your
      help. I am truly asking for your help right now.

      Did Steiner ever speak on such a matter of overpopulation?

      What should be our approach to understanding overpopulation in regards
      to mathematics and the idea of "doubling-time".

      Ahrimanic science says that there can be no arguing that with the
      doubling rate of the population and that either nature will cull, or
      man will. But is there another way to solve any such matters?

      Of my own accord, I cannot seem to be able to understand it, nor could
      I argue. Any help I appreciate.

      Blessings,
      Chris.
    • Robert Mason
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15 11:23 AM
        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "christopherraymond_bio"
        <christopherraymond_bio@...> wrote:
        > Did Steiner ever speak on such a matter of overpopulation?

        Just did a quick search at the eLib and some Googling.
        Don't know whether RS said anything directly on the
        subjuct, but I found this:
        <http://www.transintelligence.org/articles/From%20Malthus.htm>
        You can see there is a reference to Steiner's lecture
        of Oct. 7th 1916: `Goethe and the Crisis of the 19th Century'.
        I didn't find it at the eLib, but that lecture might
        be a place to start researching.

        Robert M
      • christopherraymond_bio
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 15 11:52 AM
          Thank you Robert.

          I believe Ahriman is using 'overpopulation' as a means to justify not
          only authority to certain people (to cull as they deem necessary), but
          also to CONVINCE us that the highest ideal is based upon the notion
          that 'they' can be gentler to all of humanity than can be nature if
          left to run it's course. Ahriman wants people to be taking this
          responsibility upon their shoulders like some hero. "Can anyone argue
          against our mathematics to save humanity" etc - this is their ploy.
          Perhaps using "overpopulation" as a means to an end, akin to saying
          "Order at all Costs".

          It's like Goethe vs. Bacon played out on a massive scale.

          I hope to find the higher truth, or ideal in this particular matter.
          I ask what does Christ prefer we do in a matter of overpopulation?
          Perhaps, Dr. Steiner may be of the few who can help us understand.
          Blessings,
          Chris

          --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Mason" <robertsmason_99@...>