RE: RS re true internationalism

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4 11:06 AM
      To Starman, who wrote:

      >>Well, I have no idea what the 'WC' is . . .
      .<<

      Robert writes:

      Gee, I thought everyone on the Anthro Net knew
      about the WC. That means the "Waldorf Critics"
      e-list (a.k.a. *The Hole*, *The Snake Nest*):

      It's an e-arm of PLANS ("People for Legal and
      Non-sectarian Schools"), an anti-Waldorf (and
      anti-Anthro) group based in the California Bay
      Area, but active in a much wider area. They
      make trouble for Waldorf schools in this
      country, and their like-minded affiliates
      (formal or informal) in Europe do pretty much
      the same over there.
      <http://www.waldorfcritics.org>

      Starman wrote:

      >>. . . . who an anthroposophical 'Judas' is,
      and I'm willing to bet no one else in this list
      does.<<

      Robert writes:

      But someone else here does indeed. I was
      thinking maybe he would rise to the bait and
      own up, but apparently he's not . . . so . . .
      .

      I was referring to Tom Mellett (a.k.a. *Father
      Tom, Judas Priest*), an fringe participant with
      the WC and like e-endeavors in Germany. (He is
      fluent in German.) I quote him from another
      Yahoo Anthro e-list (public archives):

      "In other words, before you have resurrection,
      ya gotta have death. Now what I see dying is
      not the MOVEMENT of anthroposophy, but the
      Society, all the external forms that
      anthroposphy has taken since Steiner died ---
      those that are beholden to the old forms. . . .
      That's what has to die and if it refuses to
      die, then the next best thing is to betray it.
      Hence my augmented title of Father Tom Judas
      Priest. If ya can't kill it, then betray it!"
      <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy_world/message/53>

      Starman wrote:

      >>Look, we're a tiny movement that most people
      could care less about. If we can be made to
      seem like a wierdo cult, people might listen --
      - but then they'd say, "Well what have these
      people done?" "Start schools, farms with their
      kooky ideas." "Yawn." I don't think anyone's
      going to succeed in enflaming public opinion
      against us
      easily.<<

      Robert writes:

      The WC and PLANS are making a pretty good run
      at it. And probably more so are their cohorts
      in some parts of Europe, where Anthroposophy is
      more known, and where there are more legal
      weapons to use against it. Tom could tell you
      a lot more about what's going on over there.

      Starman wrote:

      >>If people hadn't sought government money for
      Waldorf schools we wouldn't have anyone ranting
      about us maybe being a cult.<<

      Robert writes:

      I'm not very familiar with the ongoing
      practical side of Waldorf, but I'm aware that
      there is a division of opinion about seeking
      gov't funds. The purists say, "No, no, never;
      Steiner said . . . ." But the compromisers try
      to adapt to the reality that most people simply
      can't afford private education are their
      children are trapped in the public schools.
      And in some countries "private education" as we
      have it in the US is not legally possible.

      But whatever the Waldorf movement does or
      doesn't do, we can be assured that
      Anthroposophy will have active and dedicated
      enemies anyway.

      Robert Mason