Re-Christ and Krishna

  • Charlie Morrison
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2001
      I have just read the lecture cycle "The Bhagavad Gita and the
      Epistles of St Paul" to try to come to a better understanding of the
      relationship of Krishna to Christ.

      So is he the same being as Christ?

      The lectures describe him as macrocosmic man. Rudolf Steiner says
      "He is man as a whole; he is - one might almost say - humanity as
      such thought of as a single being. Yet he is no abstract being"
      He appeared at the transition of the 3rd and 4th Post-Atlantean
      epochs to teach that the old blood relationships were in the past and
      what was to follow was the coming of the independent ego.

      Rudolf Steiner links Krishna with Adam and also with the Nathan
      Jesus, as you rightly pointed out, Jeff. He also states that the
      reason Paul was able to see Christ in the way he did at Damascus was
      because Christ had taken Krishna for His own soul covering, he was
      the Light-Halo of Christ.

      So although Krishna is not the same being as Christ, the two are
      linked in a most wonderful way. Reading these lectures and seeing how
      everything ties together stirred my heart, and I would recommend that
      anyone else who has not read them should do so if they get a chance.
      They are in the Rudolf Steiner Archive in the E.lib section.

      Charlie.