Soul-Calendar, Week 39 After Easter

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2001
      Here is the 39th week of the "Soul-Calendar", which is made up of 52

      meditative mantras enabling one to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul)

      events occurring within one in the course of the year, 12 images of the

      zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the

      cosmos in the day and the Moon's position in those constellations for

      each night, for sensing the lunar forces---along with a list of saints and

      other spiritual figures & events for specific days of the week.

      First, the mantra in the original German and in English:

      * M A N T R A # 3 9 *
      An Geistesoffenbarung hingegeben
      Gewinne ich des Weltenwesens Licht.
      Gedankenkraft, sie wächst
      Sich klärend mir mich selbst zu geben,
      Und weckend löst sich mir
      Aus Denkermacht das Selbstgefühl.

      "To Spirit-Revealing given over,
      I win the World-Essence's Light.
      Thinking's Strength, it grows
      In clarity, myself to give
      And waking loosens for me
      Out of Thinking's Might, Self-Feeling."

      The anthroposophic path uses mantras to instill Inspiration or "spiritual
      hearing". The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not
      important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into
      its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language
      and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step
      to using the original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can
      easily go from English to German.

      This week's mantram:

      Last week we experienced giving birth to the new spiritual Self we will
      carry out into the world this year, that now will spread outwards from us to
      all we contact. This week this Spiritual Light in us grows in clarity of
      thinking, and this clear thinking gives to us a feeling of this Self.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Capricornus
      from Jan. 5th to Feb. 8th in our era. The symbolic image of the Goat done
      from Steiner's sketches & indications accompanies this post as an attachment.
      The Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night,
      along with the birth & death days of some of the spiritual figures & events
      published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: these are fruitful material for
      contemplation on those days. I’m in the process of translating these to
      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
      connections.

      Sunday January 14th. Moon Virgo. 1874 Reis, inventor of the telephone,
      died.

      Monday January 15th. Moon Virgo. Macarius, celebrated Egyptian hermit of
      4th century.

      Tuesday January 16th. Moon Libra. Last Quarter. Faustus (lived in
      Alexandria in 3rd century). 1794 Historical writer Gibbon died.

      Wednesday January 17th. Moon Libra. 1706 Benjamin Franklin born.

      Thursday January 18th. Moon Scorpius. 1689 Montesquieu born.

      Friday January 19th. Moon Scorpius. 1736 James Watt born.

      Saturday January 20th. Moon Scorpius. 1813 Wieland died.

      *******Dr. Starman