Soul-Calendar, Week 19

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2008

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st to August 3rd in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the CRAB (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 1 9 *

      Geheimnisvoll das Neu-Empfang'ne

      Mit der Erinnerung zu umschliessen,

      Sie meines Strebens weitrer Sinn:

      Es soll starkend Eigenkräfte

      In meinem Innern wecken

      Und werdend mich mir selber geben.

      Mysteriously the newly-received

      With the Memory to enclose,

      Be my Striving's wider Sense:

      It will strengthen Self-forces

      In my Inner awaken

      And becoming me my self give.

      *******The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our 'selves' again, in the 'World-Self.'

          This week that process is at the point where we have received this 'world self' in the past month, have taken in to the soul's depths, and now we seek to enclose this Summer-Event within memory.

          In the future, the world's very essence will become something
      permanently part of us, giving us a new 'self' as it evolves us further.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, July 27th. Moon Gemini. Martha.

      Monday, July 28th. Moon Gemini. 1750 Johann Seb. Bach died. 1794 Robespierre executed.1804 Philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach born.

      Tuesday, July 29th. Moon Cancer. Simplicius. 1856 Robert Schumann died.

      Wednesday July 30th. Moon Cancer. Ruth.

      Thursday, July 31st. Moon Leo. 1472 University of Munich founded.

                        1556 Ignatius von Loyola died. 1886 Franz Liszt died.

      Friday, August 1st. Moon Leo. New Moon. Macabees. 1744 Natural Scientist Lamarck born.

      Saturday, August 2nd. Moon Virgo.  Hannibal. 1832 Olcott born. Lughnasa (festival in old Ireland).

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

         SATURN and MARS are both in the West at sunset. close to the Heart of the Lion, Regulus. Mars is further Eastward (to the left). Saturn and Regulus are becoming invisible as the sun approaches them, but Mars will still be visible a few weeks longer. The first crescent of the new moon will pass by it Sunday and Monday Aug. 2nd and 3rd.

         JUPITER is the bright white 'star' rising in the southeast at sunset. The brilliant red star to the right of it is the heart of Skorpius, Anatres.

      Stay in touch when you're away with Windows Live Messenger. IM anytime you're online.