Soul-Calendar, Verse 18

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20 6:13 PM
      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st to August 3rd in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the CRAB (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 8 *

      Kann ich die Seele weiten,

      Dass sie sich selbst verbinden

      Empfangnem Welten-Keimesworte?

      Ich ahne, dass ich Kraft muss finden

      Die Seele w├╝rdig zu gestalten

      Zum Geistes-Kleide sich zu bilden.

      Can I the Soul widen

      That she herself can bind

      To conceived World-Seed-Word?

      I sense that I strength must find

      The Soul worthily to form

      To Spirit-Clothing to build itself.

      The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are
      to find our 'selves' again in the World-Self, in the wintertime. This week we
      feel a foresensing of the need for more inner strength, to widen ourselves
      more so as to take in that world that speaks to us through the senses' beauty
      (which we have been taking in to the soul's depths since Summer began). The
      expanse of the world in its very essence is already a seed planted within us
      by the Cosmic Word, like a conception which will lead to birth at
      Christmastime; we feel the need to form our Soul well enough to provide the
      outer garment for this spirit when it 'incarnates'.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, July 20th. Moon Pisces. The Prophet Elijah (Elias).

      Monday, July 21st. Moon Pisces.  Daniel.

      Tuesday, July 22nd. Moon Pisces. Mary Magdalene. The astronomer Bessel born 1784.

      Wednesday July 23rd. Moon Aries.  Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus, Christian Teacher in Justinian's Time.

      Thursday, July 24th. Moon Aries. Christiana.

      Friday, July 25th. Moon Taurus. Last Quarter. St. Christopher.

      Saturday, July 27th. Moon Taurus. Martha.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

         SATURN and MARS are both in the West at sunset. Saturn is close to the Heart of the Lion, Regulus. Mars is further Eastward (to the left).

         JUPITER is the bright white 'star' rising in the southeast at sunset.

      Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!