I'm also new.

  • carol
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 14, 2008

      Hello everyone, I've made a decision to join your group though I'll admit that I've already skipped over this way to see what was being posted in the past. I will happily admit that I've discovered some special points of interest and certain perspectives being developed within this group, which I have not witnessed in the other groups I belong to. I'm fairly new at using yahoo groups (just under 2 years) but I think that I'm ready to participate in this one (on occasion). Prior to now, I may have had some difficulty relating with others here in this group because it would have been I who was in need, for a certain period, of somewhat of an exclusive, specific type of Anthroposophic interaction. I feel that through my period on the Anthro yahoo groups circuit, not only was I able to satisfy my personal need, but also I really begun  to understand, what makes for variety in individual Anthroposophical approach and expression.

      I will also admit that I have rudimentary knowledge of astronomy and astrology, and am excited at the prospect of reading from Starman's writtings on this field of knowledge. I'm a realist by nature (Libra) so, for the domain of astronomy/astrology, I require a certain type of treatment of the subject which would allow my consciousness (soul) to immediately identify with the active course taken by the cosmic bodies, their positions in the sky etc. I'm not new to Anthroposophy by any means, I've been with it for 25 years, though I've kept myself pretty much to the periphery of Anthroposophical community activities. I am aquainted with a few individuals who post on this site.

      I hope that I manage to appreciate what you all have to offer. Carol.

    • happypick2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 14, 2008
        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "carol" <organicethics@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone, I've made a decision to join your group though I'll
        > admit that I've already skipped over this way to see what was being
        > posted in the past. I will happily admit that I've discovered some
        > special points of interest and certain perspectives being developed
        > within this group, which I have not witnessed in the other groups I
        > belong to. I'm fairly new at using yahoo groups (just under 2 years) but
        > I think that I'm ready to participate in this one (on occasion). Prior
        > to now, I may have had some difficulty relating with others here in this
        > group because it would have been I who was in need, for a certain
        > period, of somewhat of an exclusive, specific type of Anthroposophic
        > interaction. I feel that through my period on the Anthro yahoo groups
        > circuit, not only was I able to satisfy my personal need, but also I
        > really begun to understand, what makes for variety in individual
        > Anthroposophical approach and expression.
        >
        > I will also admit that I have rudimentary knowledge of astronomy and
        > astrology, and am excited at the prospect of reading from Starman's
        > writtings on this field of knowledge. I'm a realist by nature (Libra)
        > so, for the domain of astronomy/astrology, I require a certain type of
        > treatment of the subject which would allow my consciousness (soul) to
        > immediately identify with the active course taken by the cosmic bodies,
        > their positions in the sky etc. I'm not new to Anthroposophy by any
        > means, I've been with it for 25 years, though I've kept myself pretty
        > much to the periphery of Anthroposophical community activities. I am
        > aquainted with a few individuals who post on this site.
        >
        > I hope that I manage to appreciate what you all have to offer. Carol.

        Dear Carol,

        Welcome to the list - it's great to have a new "face" on board, so to
        say, and your knowledge of astronomy/astrology is a true gift to all
        of us. Since you've visited us often, I don't think there are any
        surprises and it's good for all to have you in the group. Personally,
        I'm very happy, but I think it's safe to say the entire list is also
        glad to welcome you.

        Blessings,

        Sheila
      • carol
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 15, 2008

          Well thank you Sheila for your kind  heartfelt words.

          I would like to use this occasion to thank Starman for taking a few minutes of his time in sending me the drawings done by Rudolf Steiner which characterize each zodiac sign. It was a pleasant surprise to have them waiting in my mailbox.. But more, it was the discovery that Rudolf Steiner, in addition to having elaborated on so many aspects of human life + , also summed up the astrological meaning of each zodiac sign, in carefully drawn images.

          I will admit to everyone that in everyday life, I enjoy being very discreet and am recognized as being shy, though in addition to this, I am also known for my courage. Having said this, I will now present my first impressions of the zodiac images, and thus put  on display for anyone to observe, my strengths as well as my personal limitations. There are only 3 zodiac images which I very confortably recognize. They are the one relating to my date of birth, and the ones relating to the dates of birth of the 2 sons which I bore and raised. (capricorn and pisces) For all the other signs, I can only somewhat ackwardly apply them to people I know, even when these include individuals very close to me from my childhood : my own parents and my siblings a year apart from me. I guess what I'm saying is that in the instance where I apply a zodiac image to someone external to me, even my blood relations, I find myself on somewhat shaky, ackward terrain, so to speak. But for myself and the children I bore and with whom I am closest in a spiritual sense, I very comfortably recognize the extent of the meaning behind R. Steiner's zodiac images.

          I must admit that I feel honoured with the image which R. Steiner drew of the Libran experience. It explains a few things to me, one of which is why, on a few occasions (on another list) where I've apprehended, presented and also described instances where human beings have created  within specific activities, significant and pious soul messages, I have been accused of being overly 4th epoch 'catholic'. Now I see that it may have all to do with my zodiac sign.

          Starman may be somewhat surprised to find an Anthroposophist who can't help but very slowly drag forward with astronomy and astrology.

          Mathew may be happy to hear how much I appreciate his postings on birds, butterflies and bats. I will be once again stepping out of my urban setting into the Quebec appalachians very soon, for a little while. A couple of these creatures will instantly become my immediate and everyday references.

           Thanks again. Carol.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 15, 2008
            ******* Welcome to the list, Carol.

                I don't know if you've read a lot of the basic anthroposophic works, but you may know Dr. Steiner depicted the evolution of the cosmos and earth in his Occult Science. Well, in presenting his version of the 12 signs of the zodiac, he described these as 12 great impulses into the earth which formed it in different stages, each one coming from the will-impulse of a Being of the Hierarchies originating from a different direction of space. These impulses caused great events in the evolution of our world and so are remembered from that, as well as becoming 12 great formative forces all over our world (hence the 12 phyla or groups of animals, etc.).

               That's where he drew up the new 12 signs' images from. He described how these should be depicted to an artist, Imma von Eckhardtstein, and she drew them for the original edition of the Calendar of the Soul. Steiner gave her sketches and indications for each one. So, for instance, up till a certain point our world was "airy" with no watery or solid state; then an impulse caused a great condensation into Water. This is depicted in the "Water-Man" phase, Aquarius. In other words, from Occult Science and the images in the Akashic Records a new set of zodiac symbols can be created that can speak to modern-day man as a goat-fish or scorpion or what have you does not anymore.

               He said that the versions done by Eckhardtstein were not quite satisfactory and should be re-done, and that's why they've been left out of the later editions of the Soul-Calendar; an artist named Margaret Roessler hand-did them later in Dornach for use by anthroposophists, in what Dr. Steiner described as the 12 colors of the signs, and the ones I sent you are these hand-drawn works. I'm happy you appreciate them. I've been painting them myself in water-color and some artists have done other versions of them. One of the fruits of spirit-science is to be a renewal of the old art of astrology, and a new appreciation of the 12 signs is a big part of that.

            -starman

            www.DrStarman.com

            To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
            From: organicethics@...
            Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 02:17:05 +0000
            Subject: [steiner] Re: I'm also new.

> [...]

            > > treatment of the subject which would allow my consciousness (soul) to
            > > immediately identify with the active course taken by the cosmic bodies,
            > > their positions in the sky etc. I'm not new to Anthroposophy by any
            > > means, I've been with it for 25 years, though I've kept myself pretty
            > > much to the periphery of Anthroposophical community activities. I am
            > > aquainted with a few individuals who post on this site.
            > >
            > > I hope that I manage to appreciate what you all have to offer. Carol.
            > >
            > Dear Carol,
            >
            > Welcome to the list - it's great to have a new "face" on board, so to
            > say, and your knowledge of astronomy/astrology is a true gift to all
            > of us. Since you've visited us often, I don't think there are any
            > surprises and it's good for all to have you in the group. Personally,
            > I'm very happy, but I think it's safe to say the entire list is also

            It’s a talkathon – but it’s not just talk. Check out the i’m Talkathon.