RE: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 10 6:15 PM
      *******Sorry for Matthew's temper. But in any gathering of people an angry outburst will happen now and then. It's not a reason for leaving a group.

      I wonder, do you belong to an anthroposophical study group? Would you do the same there?

      -starman

      www.DrStarman.com

      To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      From: john@...
      Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:34:15 -0400
      Subject: Re: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

      On Jul 10, 2008, at 4:37 PM, Mathew Morrell wrote:

      I spit on
      his name and anyone who mentions it in this forum.

      I'm not interested in spitting or being told what to say here.

      I will try signing myself off. If that doesn't work, please sign me off.

      thanks

      Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.
    • carynlouise24
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 11 1:19 AM
        Interesting reactions – Well it is interesting Mars is the
        reincarnation of the Old Moon. Explains the `trance' state.

        One thing in life which I cannot stand is when people say `blessings'
        or `God bless you' – like they have this authority to tell God who to
        bless who not to bless!

        Well back to Billy … then

        > *******Well, I'm sorry but I have to tell you that some of your
        information is woefully inaccurate! You could verify this by doing a
        search online or reading a few books about the Cayce Readings. I'd
        recommend reading a biography of the man first, such as "There Is A
        River" by Tom Sugrue, then look through whatever books of excerpts
        from his psychic readings interest you, like Edgar Cayce on Atlantis,
        Edgar Cayce on Jesus and His Church, etc. You'll find the information
        quite similar to Theosophy and anthroposophy, frequently identical.

        > The objection of Rittlemeyer's was about people claiming to be
        an authority because of who they supposedly were in another life.
        This has nothing to do with telling what other peoples' past lives
        were--- which of course Dr. Steiner also did, so Rittlemeyer's
        criticiism about "claiming authority" on the basis of previous
        incarnations couldn't possibly include. He meant saying 'Well, I was
        so-and-so in a past life and so you should listen to me' (as one poor
        soul currently does who claims to have been Cayce himself, while
        producing no evidence of any abilities in this life). Telling people
        they should study music because they have an unrealized musical gift
        due to having been a musician in ancient Greece, as the Cayce
        Readings might do--- well, that's a completely different thing than
        what Rittlemeyer was talking about, clearly. Dr. Steiner also would
        identify learning disabilities in children as coming from past lives
        and use this knowledge in treatment.

        > Also, the Readings did not identify Cayce as having been
        Pythagoras. He did say that in a past life he was an Egyptian
        initiate unknown to history named Ra Ta, whose memory later became
        mixed in with the mythological Ra. But he didn't claim people should
        listen to him because he was that priest in the time of the building
        of the pyramids. In fact, Cayce didn't ask people to listen to him at
        all, as he was not a teacher like Steiner. He was a freakish case of
        an ordinary-seeming man who, because of his past lives, could go into
        a trance state and connect with the same sources as Blavatsky and
        Steiner. In his trances, he mainly was asked medical questions about
        people who were sick. Other stuff was secondary to him and he wasn't
        sure how much to trust it himself.

        > -starmanwww.DrStarman.com
        >

        > To: steiner@...: carynlouise24@...: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:51:19
        +0000Subject: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

        > The Edgar Cayce's I have read are:The Life Story of JesusThe Origin
        and Destiny of ManRevelationMany Happy Returns My thoughts are:In
        Friedrich Rittelmeyer's `RUDOLF STEINER ENTERS MY LIFE' Friedrich
        writes:`His (Rudolf Steiner) attitude in the Krishnamurti affair
        shows that he regarded it as the greatest occult sin to claim
        authority for anyone on the ground of previous incarnations. In the
        age of the "Consciousness Soul" everyone must appeal with his
        teaching simply and solely to men's own objective sense of truth, and
        convince them purely on the basis of reason'.Edgar Cayce in an
        unconscious state claimed authority for person's previous
        incarnations and this should be a reason for concern. For instance;
        say someone like Edgar Cayce had to say to me `you were Mickey Mouse
        in your previous incarnation' – if I was naïve enough to believe this
        (because I was seeking the fundamental question of life `who am I') I
        would spend the rest of my life prancing around thinking to myself `I
        am Mickey Mouse' and further begin to act, take on the role of,
        Mickey Mouse - only to find when I pass through the portals of death
        I was actually Donald Duck in a previous incarnation and thus wasted
        a whole life in misconception.The age old wisdom comes to mind `Know
        Thyself' through yourself being yourself.Another factor; Edgar Cayce
        has claimed himself to be the great ancient leader Ra and the great
        mathematician Pythagoras in previous lifetimes.As far as I know not
        even Rudolf Steiner would claim to ascertain who he was in previous
        lifetimes in such an open manner; and further the true understanding
        of reincarnation of Initiates is not truly understood by the
        uninitiated.At this point I would like to say; Stephen Hale is
        greatly respected and (in my view) his investigations into the Karmic
        relationships between people is well thought through, done in a very
        concise manner and most importantly in a conscious manner. These
        investigations, on people who have already passed through the
        portals, namely Rudolf Steiner himself, directly proves the above
        writing by Friedrich Rittelmeyer on Rudolf Steiner's view on previous
        incarnations are done with an objective sense of truth based on
        knowledge and reason and is a gift invaluable to anthroposophy.I have
        spent years pondering Edgar Cayce and it is not without undue
        considerations I put this forward.--- In steiner@yahoogroups.com,
        Durward Starman <DrStarman@> wrote:>> > > > To: steiner@:
        Cheeseandsalsa@: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 13:32:21 -0400Subject: Re: [steiner]
        Edgar Cayce> > > > Barbara Handclow who isn't an anthro said that
        Cayce is a member and his father of the masons. She wrote that they
        were of the dark occult brotherhood...I personally do not resonate
        with what he brought to us. > I do agree - a balance is always good
        in communications.Any thoughts ... I wonder what Rudolf Steiner would
        have to say on Edgar Cayce?> > > 1> > .> *******> > > > > > Well, in
        this particular case I can say flatly that the lady is mistaken.
        Neither Cayce nor his father were Masons, I know that from personal
        study and contact with his family and many people who actually knew
        him here in Virginia Beach. He was not a member of anything, and in
        fact didn't know about Theosophy or anything esoteric until he began
        answering questions about such matters in his "readings." He almost
        never remembered anything he said in trance so they had to have a
        stenographer take it all down, and he read what he'd said afterwards
        along with everybody else. He was a simple Christian while awake and
        never joined anything except the local Presbyterian Church here. His
        father was a difficult man whom Edgar didn't get along with very
        well, but he also was not a member of any brotherhood or anything and
        had nothing to do with Edgar Cayce's work most of his life. > > As to
        what you don't resonate with in the Cayce Readings, well there's a
        lot that may be criticized in many ways. I don't know what you've
        read from them. > > Starman>
        __________________________________________________________> It's a
        talkathon – but it's not just talk.> http://www.imtalkathon.com/?
        source=EML_WLH_Talkathon_JustTalk>

        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 11 5:58 AM
          ******* Why do you connect this to the planet Mars? I connect the trance state to Saturn, as it's a reversion to the state of consciousness of Ancient Saturn.

          -starman

          www.DrStarman.com

          To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
          From: carynlouise24@...
          Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:19:09 +0000
          Subject: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

> [...]

          stenographer take it all down, and he read what he'd said afterwards
          along with everybody else. He was a simple Christian while awake and
          never joined anything except the local Presbyterian Church here. His
          father was a difficult man whom Edgar didn't get along with very
          well, but he also was not a member of any brotherhood or anything and
          had nothing to do with Edgar Cayce's work most of his life. > > As to
          what you don't resonate with in the Cayce Readings, well there's a
          lot that may be criticized in many ways. I don't know what you've
          read from them. > > Starman>
          ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> It's a
          talkathon – but it's not just talk.> http://www.imtalkat hon.com/?
          source=EML_WLH_ Talkathon_ JustTalk>

          > Making the world a better place one message at a time.

          The i’m Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world? Find out now.
        • carynlouise24
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 14 3:59 AM
            I trace it to the Old Moon stage of clairvoyance for specific
            corresponding reasons. Arhimanic and his sidekick the untamed
            Luciferic. We understand during the Old Moon period the astral body
            was in development and the mineral was not yet included in the human
            body, this was a predominately Luciferic stage.

            In Rudolf Steiner's `Polarities in the Evolution of Mankind' eleven
            lectures given to members of the Anthroposophical Society in
            Stuttgart 5 March to 22 November 1920 pg 108 – we read

            `The Jesuit literature on the material world is much more brilliantly
            written than the works of many others writers on the subject today.
            Father Erich Wasmann's work on ants, for example, is really good, you
            will gain more from reading it than from the pedantic, uninspired
            writings of other scientists. Many more examples could be given.

            The (work of the) Jesuits would be excellent if they confined
            themselves to the material world; it is a deliberate aim (of the
            Jesuits) to use their description of the material world to encourage
            people to associate knowledge with the materialistic aspect of the
            physical world only.

            The intention is to pretend to human minds that the methods used to
            gain knowledge cannot be used to investigate the supersensible
            world. In ancient times Lucifer-dominated individuals suggested that
            human beings would gain mastery of the world if they made use of
            ancient divine knowledge, yet evolution had already gone beyond this
            point.

            Now we have late followers of those people from post-primeval times
            pretending to the world that it is not possible to extend knowledge
            to the supersensible sphere and that knowledge cannot go beyond the
            sense-perceptible world. In those early times the intention had been
            to drug people with supersensible knowledge.

            Now human beings of the same ilk want to use all possible means to
            push humanity into the physical world; they want human beings stuck
            in that world and grasp the supersensible world only with the
            nebulous impulse of faith.

            In post-primeval times the aim had been to inundate humankind with an
            excess of supersensible knowledge. Today those late followers want
            human beings to have less than the right amount of knowledge in this
            sphere. Past intent was to provide supersensible knowledge that was
            no longer appropriate. Present intent is to let people have only
            sense-bound knowledge, making the supersensible world an area where
            every individual may hold whatever views he or she likes.

            What would be the outcome if the group of people to whom we are
            referring were to achieve some kind of victory? These are the people
            who deliberately make a sharp distinction between knowledge and
            belief. There are of course large numbers of easily led people who
            come across the diatribe on the `clear distinction between faith and
            knowledge' and repeat it; they merely repeat it.

            What is all this about? The aim is to do the opposite of what those
            individual in post-primeval times did in their way. In the old days
            the intention was to prevent humanity from descending completely and
            taking up its mission on earth. Today the intention is to keep
            people tied to that mission on earth to prevent their further
            development, for which the earth would provide the basis. The very
            people who are now supporting materialism call
            themselves `spiritualists', or priests of some faith or other,
            representatives of the supersensible world.

            In those ancient times the people offering a life in the spirit that
            was no longer justifiable called themselves materialists. They did
            so from the point of view which I have characterized. Today a large
            number of people who really wish to keep humanity bound to the
            material world call themselves representatives of the spiritual
            world.'

            Page 50

            Think of all the efforts we go to in spiritual science working
            towards anthroposophy to form sufficiently clear ideas; for
            instances, as to how far the things we become aware of in human
            minds, in the form of dreams, may or may not be reflecting the
            truth. As human beings we cannot immediately distinguish truth from
            falsehood when something appears in the course of a dream. The same
            state of mind arises for a congregation when they are told lies by
            people who know those lies will be believed. The soul is brought to
            a state, a mood, by those lies where it becomes the willing tool of
            those desiring power. It is easiest to get people into your power by
            planting illusions in their unsuspecting minds'.

            > ******* Why do you connect this to the planet Mars? I connect the
            trance state to Saturn, as it's a reversion to the state of
            consciousness of Ancient Saturn.
            > -starman
            > www.DrStarman.com
            >

            > To: steiner@...: carynlouise24@...: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:19:09
            +0000Subject: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

            > Interesting reactions – Well it is interesting Mars is the
            reincarnation of the Old Moon. Explains the `trance' state.One thing
            in life which I cannot stand is when people say `blessings' or `God
            bless you' – like they have this authority to tell God who to bless
            who not to bless!Well back to Billy … then --- In