Re: Edgar Cayce

  • happypick2000
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 10, 2008

      > --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, Durward Starman <DrStarman@> wrote:
      > >

      > > *******Who is he? I've never heard of him.
      > >

      > Steven Hale is that psycho pomp you removed from this forum a couple
      > years ago, who joined this forum, it seems, for no other purpose than to
      > clog it up, undermine, and manipulate people like me with his
      > overbearing, ego-centric personality.
      >
      > According to my sources, Steve Hale recently accused Starman of being in
      > the mold of the Aryan Nation. That's just one things he's
      > accused Starman and myself of being. There are many more lies and
      > falsehoods that pour from this person's mouth. Mr Hale has made a
      > profession of creating devils and unleashing them through
      > anthroposophical discussion forums.
      >
      > Mathew

      I vaguely recall someone of that name although not the particulars.
      Unfortunately, this world seems to be full of unsavory types, and the
      best I can say in such cases is to the effect that they will be held
      responsible for any and all actions of theirs, and in a well deserved
      way. I shudder to ponder such fates and can only try to overlook
      harmful events and people while learning from them in the way Steiner
      mentions coming across the dead dog with such beautiful teeth, but I
      fail far too often.

      Blessings,

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 10, 2008
        *******Sorry for Matthew's temper. But in any gathering of people an angry outburst will happen now and then. It's not a reason for leaving a group.

        I wonder, do you belong to an anthroposophical study group? Would you do the same there?

        -starman

        www.DrStarman.com

        To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
        From: john@...
        Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:34:15 -0400
        Subject: Re: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

        On Jul 10, 2008, at 4:37 PM, Mathew Morrell wrote:

        I spit on
        his name and anyone who mentions it in this forum.

        I'm not interested in spitting or being told what to say here.

        I will try signing myself off. If that doesn't work, please sign me off.

        thanks

        Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.
      • carynlouise24
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 11, 2008
          Interesting reactions – Well it is interesting Mars is the
          reincarnation of the Old Moon. Explains the `trance' state.

          One thing in life which I cannot stand is when people say `blessings'
          or `God bless you' – like they have this authority to tell God who to
          bless who not to bless!

          Well back to Billy … then

          > *******Well, I'm sorry but I have to tell you that some of your
          information is woefully inaccurate! You could verify this by doing a
          search online or reading a few books about the Cayce Readings. I'd
          recommend reading a biography of the man first, such as "There Is A
          River" by Tom Sugrue, then look through whatever books of excerpts
          from his psychic readings interest you, like Edgar Cayce on Atlantis,
          Edgar Cayce on Jesus and His Church, etc. You'll find the information
          quite similar to Theosophy and anthroposophy, frequently identical.

          > The objection of Rittlemeyer's was about people claiming to be
          an authority because of who they supposedly were in another life.
          This has nothing to do with telling what other peoples' past lives
          were--- which of course Dr. Steiner also did, so Rittlemeyer's
          criticiism about "claiming authority" on the basis of previous
          incarnations couldn't possibly include. He meant saying 'Well, I was
          so-and-so in a past life and so you should listen to me' (as one poor
          soul currently does who claims to have been Cayce himself, while
          producing no evidence of any abilities in this life). Telling people
          they should study music because they have an unrealized musical gift
          due to having been a musician in ancient Greece, as the Cayce
          Readings might do--- well, that's a completely different thing than
          what Rittlemeyer was talking about, clearly. Dr. Steiner also would
          identify learning disabilities in children as coming from past lives
          and use this knowledge in treatment.

          > Also, the Readings did not identify Cayce as having been
          Pythagoras. He did say that in a past life he was an Egyptian
          initiate unknown to history named Ra Ta, whose memory later became
          mixed in with the mythological Ra. But he didn't claim people should
          listen to him because he was that priest in the time of the building
          of the pyramids. In fact, Cayce didn't ask people to listen to him at
          all, as he was not a teacher like Steiner. He was a freakish case of
          an ordinary-seeming man who, because of his past lives, could go into
          a trance state and connect with the same sources as Blavatsky and
          Steiner. In his trances, he mainly was asked medical questions about
          people who were sick. Other stuff was secondary to him and he wasn't
          sure how much to trust it himself.

          > -starmanwww.DrStarman.com
          >

          > To: steiner@...: carynlouise24@...: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:51:19
          +0000Subject: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

          > The Edgar Cayce's I have read are:The Life Story of JesusThe Origin
          and Destiny of ManRevelationMany Happy Returns My thoughts are:In
          Friedrich Rittelmeyer's `RUDOLF STEINER ENTERS MY LIFE' Friedrich
          writes:`His (Rudolf Steiner) attitude in the Krishnamurti affair
          shows that he regarded it as the greatest occult sin to claim
          authority for anyone on the ground of previous incarnations. In the
          age of the "Consciousness Soul" everyone must appeal with his
          teaching simply and solely to men's own objective sense of truth, and
          convince them purely on the basis of reason'.Edgar Cayce in an
          unconscious state claimed authority for person's previous
          incarnations and this should be a reason for concern. For instance;
          say someone like Edgar Cayce had to say to me `you were Mickey Mouse
          in your previous incarnation' – if I was naïve enough to believe this
          (because I was seeking the fundamental question of life `who am I') I
          would spend the rest of my life prancing around thinking to myself `I
          am Mickey Mouse' and further begin to act, take on the role of,
          Mickey Mouse - only to find when I pass through the portals of death
          I was actually Donald Duck in a previous incarnation and thus wasted
          a whole life in misconception.The age old wisdom comes to mind `Know
          Thyself' through yourself being yourself.Another factor; Edgar Cayce
          has claimed himself to be the great ancient leader Ra and the great
          mathematician Pythagoras in previous lifetimes.As far as I know not
          even Rudolf Steiner would claim to ascertain who he was in previous
          lifetimes in such an open manner; and further the true understanding
          of reincarnation of Initiates is not truly understood by the
          uninitiated.At this point I would like to say; Stephen Hale is
          greatly respected and (in my view) his investigations into the Karmic
          relationships between people is well thought through, done in a very
          concise manner and most importantly in a conscious manner. These
          investigations, on people who have already passed through the
          portals, namely Rudolf Steiner himself, directly proves the above
          writing by Friedrich Rittelmeyer on Rudolf Steiner's view on previous
          incarnations are done with an objective sense of truth based on
          knowledge and reason and is a gift invaluable to anthroposophy.I have
          spent years pondering Edgar Cayce and it is not without undue
          considerations I put this forward.--- In steiner@yahoogroups.com,
          Durward Starman <DrStarman@> wrote:>> > > > To: steiner@:
          Cheeseandsalsa@: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 13:32:21 -0400Subject: Re: [steiner]
          Edgar Cayce> > > > Barbara Handclow who isn't an anthro said that
          Cayce is a member and his father of the masons. She wrote that they
          were of the dark occult brotherhood...I personally do not resonate
          with what he brought to us. > I do agree - a balance is always good
          in communications.Any thoughts ... I wonder what Rudolf Steiner would
          have to say on Edgar Cayce?> > > 1> > .> *******> > > > > > Well, in
          this particular case I can say flatly that the lady is mistaken.
          Neither Cayce nor his father were Masons, I know that from personal
          study and contact with his family and many people who actually knew
          him here in Virginia Beach. He was not a member of anything, and in
          fact didn't know about Theosophy or anything esoteric until he began
          answering questions about such matters in his "readings." He almost
          never remembered anything he said in trance so they had to have a
          stenographer take it all down, and he read what he'd said afterwards
          along with everybody else. He was a simple Christian while awake and
          never joined anything except the local Presbyterian Church here. His
          father was a difficult man whom Edgar didn't get along with very
          well, but he also was not a member of any brotherhood or anything and
          had nothing to do with Edgar Cayce's work most of his life. > > As to
          what you don't resonate with in the Cayce Readings, well there's a
          lot that may be criticized in many ways. I don't know what you've
          read from them. > > Starman>
          __________________________________________________________> It's a
          talkathon – but it's not just talk.> http://www.imtalkathon.com/?
          source=EML_WLH_Talkathon_JustTalk>

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 11, 2008
            ******* Why do you connect this to the planet Mars? I connect the trance state to Saturn, as it's a reversion to the state of consciousness of Ancient Saturn.

            -starman

            www.DrStarman.com

            To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
            From: carynlouise24@...
            Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:19:09 +0000
            Subject: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

> [...]

            stenographer take it all down, and he read what he'd said afterwards
            along with everybody else. He was a simple Christian while awake and
            never joined anything except the local Presbyterian Church here. His
            father was a difficult man whom Edgar didn't get along with very
            well, but he also was not a member of any brotherhood or anything and
            had nothing to do with Edgar Cayce's work most of his life. > > As to
            what you don't resonate with in the Cayce Readings, well there's a
            lot that may be criticized in many ways. I don't know what you've
            read from them. > > Starman>
            ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> It's a
            talkathon – but it's not just talk.> http://www.imtalkat hon.com/?
            source=EML_WLH_ Talkathon_ JustTalk>

            > Making the world a better place one message at a time.

            The i’m Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world? Find out now.
          • carynlouise24
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 14, 2008
              I trace it to the Old Moon stage of clairvoyance for specific
              corresponding reasons. Arhimanic and his sidekick the untamed
              Luciferic. We understand during the Old Moon period the astral body
              was in development and the mineral was not yet included in the human
              body, this was a predominately Luciferic stage.

              In Rudolf Steiner's `Polarities in the Evolution of Mankind' eleven
              lectures given to members of the Anthroposophical Society in
              Stuttgart 5 March to 22 November 1920 pg 108 – we read

              `The Jesuit literature on the material world is much more brilliantly
              written than the works of many others writers on the subject today.
              Father Erich Wasmann's work on ants, for example, is really good, you
              will gain more from reading it than from the pedantic, uninspired
              writings of other scientists. Many more examples could be given.

              The (work of the) Jesuits would be excellent if they confined
              themselves to the material world; it is a deliberate aim (of the
              Jesuits) to use their description of the material world to encourage
              people to associate knowledge with the materialistic aspect of the
              physical world only.

              The intention is to pretend to human minds that the methods used to
              gain knowledge cannot be used to investigate the supersensible
              world. In ancient times Lucifer-dominated individuals suggested that
              human beings would gain mastery of the world if they made use of
              ancient divine knowledge, yet evolution had already gone beyond this
              point.

              Now we have late followers of those people from post-primeval times
              pretending to the world that it is not possible to extend knowledge
              to the supersensible sphere and that knowledge cannot go beyond the
              sense-perceptible world. In those early times the intention had been
              to drug people with supersensible knowledge.

              Now human beings of the same ilk want to use all possible means to
              push humanity into the physical world; they want human beings stuck
              in that world and grasp the supersensible world only with the
              nebulous impulse of faith.

              In post-primeval times the aim had been to inundate humankind with an
              excess of supersensible knowledge. Today those late followers want
              human beings to have less than the right amount of knowledge in this
              sphere. Past intent was to provide supersensible knowledge that was
              no longer appropriate. Present intent is to let people have only
              sense-bound knowledge, making the supersensible world an area where
              every individual may hold whatever views he or she likes.

              What would be the outcome if the group of people to whom we are
              referring were to achieve some kind of victory? These are the people
              who deliberately make a sharp distinction between knowledge and
              belief. There are of course large numbers of easily led people who
              come across the diatribe on the `clear distinction between faith and
              knowledge' and repeat it; they merely repeat it.

              What is all this about? The aim is to do the opposite of what those
              individual in post-primeval times did in their way. In the old days
              the intention was to prevent humanity from descending completely and
              taking up its mission on earth. Today the intention is to keep
              people tied to that mission on earth to prevent their further
              development, for which the earth would provide the basis. The very
              people who are now supporting materialism call
              themselves `spiritualists', or priests of some faith or other,
              representatives of the supersensible world.

              In those ancient times the people offering a life in the spirit that
              was no longer justifiable called themselves materialists. They did
              so from the point of view which I have characterized. Today a large
              number of people who really wish to keep humanity bound to the
              material world call themselves representatives of the spiritual
              world.'

              Page 50

              Think of all the efforts we go to in spiritual science working
              towards anthroposophy to form sufficiently clear ideas; for
              instances, as to how far the things we become aware of in human
              minds, in the form of dreams, may or may not be reflecting the
              truth. As human beings we cannot immediately distinguish truth from
              falsehood when something appears in the course of a dream. The same
              state of mind arises for a congregation when they are told lies by
              people who know those lies will be believed. The soul is brought to
              a state, a mood, by those lies where it becomes the willing tool of
              those desiring power. It is easiest to get people into your power by
              planting illusions in their unsuspecting minds'.

              > ******* Why do you connect this to the planet Mars? I connect the
              trance state to Saturn, as it's a reversion to the state of
              consciousness of Ancient Saturn.
              > -starman
              > www.DrStarman.com
              >

              > To: steiner@...: carynlouise24@...: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:19:09
              +0000Subject: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

              > Interesting reactions – Well it is interesting Mars is the
              reincarnation of the Old Moon. Explains the `trance' state.One thing
              in life which I cannot stand is when people say `blessings' or `God
              bless you' – like they have this authority to tell God who to bless
              who not to bless!Well back to Billy … then --- In