Re: Edgar Cayce

    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 10 2:35 PM

      > *******Who is he? I've never heard of him.

      Steven Hale is that psycho pomp you removed from this forum a couple years ago, who joined this forum, it seems, for no other purpose than to clog it up, undermine, and manipulate people like me with his overbearing, ego-centric personality.

      According to my sources, Steve Hale recently accused Starman of being in the mold of the Aryan Nation.  That's just one things he's accused Starman and myself of being.  There are many more lies and falsehoods that pour from this person's mouth.  Mr Hale has made a profession of creating devils and unleashing them through anthroposophical discussion forums.

      Mathew

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 10 3:48 PM
        *******Thank you, Matthew. I'd forgotten all about this rather unpleasant fellow. Just looked up his rantings when he was briefly a member of this list. No wonder you reacted so.

            I see no evidence of any singular insight into peoples' past lives, or anything esoteric or spiritual for that matter, in this person. He appears to be just another egotist who is out to twist anthroposophy into something that supports his own opinions, rather similar to the fellow I mentioned who says he's the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce. They're a dime a dozen online here.

           I would not place much faith in anything he had to say about Edgar Cayce, or Rudolf Steiner, for that matter. He might have something worthwhile to say, but I would say one would have to critically examine every statement such a person makes for falsehoods.

        -starman

        www.DrStarman.com

        To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
        From: tma4cbt@...
        Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:35:05 +0000
        Subject: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

        --- In steiner@yahoogroups .com, Durward Starman <DrStarman@.. .> wrote:

        > *******Who is he? I've never heard of him.

        Steven Hale is that psycho pomp you removed from this forum a couple years ago, who joined this forum, it seems, for no other purpose than to clog it up, undermine, and manipulate people like me with his overbearing, ego-centric personality.

        According to my sources, Steve Hale recently accused Starman of being in the mold of the Aryan Nation.  That's just one things he's accused Starman and myself of being.  There are many more lies and falsehoods that pour from this person's mouth.  Mr Hale has made a profession of creating devils and unleashing them through anthroposophical discussion forums.

        Mathew

        Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.
      • happypick2000
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 10 3:59 PM

          > --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, Durward Starman <DrStarman@> wrote:
          > >

          > > *******Who is he? I've never heard of him.
          > >

          > Steven Hale is that psycho pomp you removed from this forum a couple
          > years ago, who joined this forum, it seems, for no other purpose than to
          > clog it up, undermine, and manipulate people like me with his
          > overbearing, ego-centric personality.
          >
          > According to my sources, Steve Hale recently accused Starman of being in
          > the mold of the Aryan Nation. That's just one things he's
          > accused Starman and myself of being. There are many more lies and
          > falsehoods that pour from this person's mouth. Mr Hale has made a
          > profession of creating devils and unleashing them through
          > anthroposophical discussion forums.
          >
          > Mathew

          I vaguely recall someone of that name although not the particulars.
          Unfortunately, this world seems to be full of unsavory types, and the
          best I can say in such cases is to the effect that they will be held
          responsible for any and all actions of theirs, and in a well deserved
          way. I shudder to ponder such fates and can only try to overlook
          harmful events and people while learning from them in the way Steiner
          mentions coming across the dead dog with such beautiful teeth, but I
          fail far too often.

          Blessings,

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 10 6:15 PM
            *******Sorry for Matthew's temper. But in any gathering of people an angry outburst will happen now and then. It's not a reason for leaving a group.

            I wonder, do you belong to an anthroposophical study group? Would you do the same there?

            -starman

            www.DrStarman.com

            To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
            From: john@...
            Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:34:15 -0400
            Subject: Re: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

            On Jul 10, 2008, at 4:37 PM, Mathew Morrell wrote:

            I spit on
            his name and anyone who mentions it in this forum.

            I'm not interested in spitting or being told what to say here.

            I will try signing myself off. If that doesn't work, please sign me off.

            thanks

            Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.
          • carynlouise24
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 11 1:19 AM
              Interesting reactions – Well it is interesting Mars is the
              reincarnation of the Old Moon. Explains the `trance' state.

              One thing in life which I cannot stand is when people say `blessings'
              or `God bless you' – like they have this authority to tell God who to
              bless who not to bless!

              Well back to Billy … then

              > *******Well, I'm sorry but I have to tell you that some of your
              information is woefully inaccurate! You could verify this by doing a
              search online or reading a few books about the Cayce Readings. I'd
              recommend reading a biography of the man first, such as "There Is A
              River" by Tom Sugrue, then look through whatever books of excerpts
              from his psychic readings interest you, like Edgar Cayce on Atlantis,
              Edgar Cayce on Jesus and His Church, etc. You'll find the information
              quite similar to Theosophy and anthroposophy, frequently identical.

              > The objection of Rittlemeyer's was about people claiming to be
              an authority because of who they supposedly were in another life.
              This has nothing to do with telling what other peoples' past lives
              were--- which of course Dr. Steiner also did, so Rittlemeyer's
              criticiism about "claiming authority" on the basis of previous
              incarnations couldn't possibly include. He meant saying 'Well, I was
              so-and-so in a past life and so you should listen to me' (as one poor
              soul currently does who claims to have been Cayce himself, while
              producing no evidence of any abilities in this life). Telling people
              they should study music because they have an unrealized musical gift
              due to having been a musician in ancient Greece, as the Cayce
              Readings might do--- well, that's a completely different thing than
              what Rittlemeyer was talking about, clearly. Dr. Steiner also would
              identify learning disabilities in children as coming from past lives
              and use this knowledge in treatment.

              > Also, the Readings did not identify Cayce as having been
              Pythagoras. He did say that in a past life he was an Egyptian
              initiate unknown to history named Ra Ta, whose memory later became
              mixed in with the mythological Ra. But he didn't claim people should
              listen to him because he was that priest in the time of the building
              of the pyramids. In fact, Cayce didn't ask people to listen to him at
              all, as he was not a teacher like Steiner. He was a freakish case of
              an ordinary-seeming man who, because of his past lives, could go into
              a trance state and connect with the same sources as Blavatsky and
              Steiner. In his trances, he mainly was asked medical questions about
              people who were sick. Other stuff was secondary to him and he wasn't
              sure how much to trust it himself.

              > -starmanwww.DrStarman.com
              >

              > To: steiner@...: carynlouise24@...: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:51:19
              +0000Subject: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

              > The Edgar Cayce's I have read are:The Life Story of JesusThe Origin
              and Destiny of ManRevelationMany Happy Returns My thoughts are:In
              Friedrich Rittelmeyer's `RUDOLF STEINER ENTERS MY LIFE' Friedrich
              writes:`His (Rudolf Steiner) attitude in the Krishnamurti affair
              shows that he regarded it as the greatest occult sin to claim
              authority for anyone on the ground of previous incarnations. In the
              age of the "Consciousness Soul" everyone must appeal with his
              teaching simply and solely to men's own objective sense of truth, and
              convince them purely on the basis of reason'.Edgar Cayce in an
              unconscious state claimed authority for person's previous
              incarnations and this should be a reason for concern. For instance;
              say someone like Edgar Cayce had to say to me `you were Mickey Mouse
              in your previous incarnation' – if I was naïve enough to believe this
              (because I was seeking the fundamental question of life `who am I') I
              would spend the rest of my life prancing around thinking to myself `I
              am Mickey Mouse' and further begin to act, take on the role of,
              Mickey Mouse - only to find when I pass through the portals of death
              I was actually Donald Duck in a previous incarnation and thus wasted
              a whole life in misconception.The age old wisdom comes to mind `Know
              Thyself' through yourself being yourself.Another factor; Edgar Cayce
              has claimed himself to be the great ancient leader Ra and the great
              mathematician Pythagoras in previous lifetimes.As far as I know not
              even Rudolf Steiner would claim to ascertain who he was in previous
              lifetimes in such an open manner; and further the true understanding
              of reincarnation of Initiates is not truly understood by the
              uninitiated.At this point I would like to say; Stephen Hale is
              greatly respected and (in my view) his investigations into the Karmic
              relationships between people is well thought through, done in a very
              concise manner and most importantly in a conscious manner. These
              investigations, on people who have already passed through the
              portals, namely Rudolf Steiner himself, directly proves the above
              writing by Friedrich Rittelmeyer on Rudolf Steiner's view on previous
              incarnations are done with an objective sense of truth based on
              knowledge and reason and is a gift invaluable to anthroposophy.I have
              spent years pondering Edgar Cayce and it is not without undue
              considerations I put this forward.--- In steiner@yahoogroups.com,
              Durward Starman <DrStarman@> wrote:>> > > > To: steiner@:
              Cheeseandsalsa@: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 13:32:21 -0400Subject: Re: [steiner]
              Edgar Cayce> > > > Barbara Handclow who isn't an anthro said that
              Cayce is a member and his father of the masons. She wrote that they
              were of the dark occult brotherhood...I personally do not resonate
              with what he brought to us. > I do agree - a balance is always good
              in communications.Any thoughts ... I wonder what Rudolf Steiner would
              have to say on Edgar Cayce?> > > 1> > .> *******> > > > > > Well, in
              this particular case I can say flatly that the lady is mistaken.
              Neither Cayce nor his father were Masons, I know that from personal
              study and contact with his family and many people who actually knew
              him here in Virginia Beach. He was not a member of anything, and in
              fact didn't know about Theosophy or anything esoteric until he began
              answering questions about such matters in his "readings." He almost
              never remembered anything he said in trance so they had to have a
              stenographer take it all down, and he read what he'd said afterwards
              along with everybody else. He was a simple Christian while awake and
              never joined anything except the local Presbyterian Church here. His
              father was a difficult man whom Edgar didn't get along with very
              well, but he also was not a member of any brotherhood or anything and
              had nothing to do with Edgar Cayce's work most of his life. > > As to
              what you don't resonate with in the Cayce Readings, well there's a
              lot that may be criticized in many ways. I don't know what you've
              read from them. > > Starman>
              __________________________________________________________> It's a
              talkathon – but it's not just talk.> http://www.imtalkathon.com/?
              source=EML_WLH_Talkathon_JustTalk>

              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 11 5:58 AM
                ******* Why do you connect this to the planet Mars? I connect the trance state to Saturn, as it's a reversion to the state of consciousness of Ancient Saturn.

                -starman

                www.DrStarman.com

                To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
                From: carynlouise24@...
                Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:19:09 +0000

> [...]

                stenographer take it all down, and he read what he'd said afterwards
                along with everybody else. He was a simple Christian while awake and
                never joined anything except the local Presbyterian Church here. His
                father was a difficult man whom Edgar didn't get along with very
                well, but he also was not a member of any brotherhood or anything and
                had nothing to do with Edgar Cayce's work most of his life. > > As to
                what you don't resonate with in the Cayce Readings, well there's a
                lot that may be criticized in many ways. I don't know what you've
                read from them. > > Starman>
                ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> It's a
                talkathon – but it's not just talk.> http://www.imtalkat hon.com/?
                source=EML_WLH_ Talkathon_ JustTalk>

                > Making the world a better place one message at a time.

                The i’m Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world? Find out now.
              • carynlouise24
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 14 3:59 AM
                  I trace it to the Old Moon stage of clairvoyance for specific
                  corresponding reasons. Arhimanic and his sidekick the untamed
                  Luciferic. We understand during the Old Moon period the astral body
                  was in development and the mineral was not yet included in the human
                  body, this was a predominately Luciferic stage.

                  In Rudolf Steiner's `Polarities in the Evolution of Mankind' eleven
                  lectures given to members of the Anthroposophical Society in
                  Stuttgart 5 March to 22 November 1920 pg 108 – we read

                  `The Jesuit literature on the material world is much more brilliantly
                  written than the works of many others writers on the subject today.
                  Father Erich Wasmann's work on ants, for example, is really good, you
                  will gain more from reading it than from the pedantic, uninspired
                  writings of other scientists. Many more examples could be given.

                  The (work of the) Jesuits would be excellent if they confined
                  themselves to the material world; it is a deliberate aim (of the
                  Jesuits) to use their description of the material world to encourage
                  people to associate knowledge with the materialistic aspect of the
                  physical world only.

                  The intention is to pretend to human minds that the methods used to
                  gain knowledge cannot be used to investigate the supersensible
                  world. In ancient times Lucifer-dominated individuals suggested that
                  human beings would gain mastery of the world if they made use of
                  ancient divine knowledge, yet evolution had already gone beyond this
                  point.

                  Now we have late followers of those people from post-primeval times
                  pretending to the world that it is not possible to extend knowledge
                  to the supersensible sphere and that knowledge cannot go beyond the
                  sense-perceptible world. In those early times the intention had been
                  to drug people with supersensible knowledge.

                  Now human beings of the same ilk want to use all possible means to
                  push humanity into the physical world; they want human beings stuck
                  in that world and grasp the supersensible world only with the
                  nebulous impulse of faith.

                  In post-primeval times the aim had been to inundate humankind with an
                  excess of supersensible knowledge. Today those late followers want
                  human beings to have less than the right amount of knowledge in this
                  sphere. Past intent was to provide supersensible knowledge that was
                  no longer appropriate. Present intent is to let people have only
                  sense-bound knowledge, making the supersensible world an area where
                  every individual may hold whatever views he or she likes.

                  What would be the outcome if the group of people to whom we are
                  referring were to achieve some kind of victory? These are the people
                  who deliberately make a sharp distinction between knowledge and
                  belief. There are of course large numbers of easily led people who
                  come across the diatribe on the `clear distinction between faith and
                  knowledge' and repeat it; they merely repeat it.

                  What is all this about? The aim is to do the opposite of what those
                  individual in post-primeval times did in their way. In the old days
                  the intention was to prevent humanity from descending completely and
                  taking up its mission on earth. Today the intention is to keep
                  people tied to that mission on earth to prevent their further
                  development, for which the earth would provide the basis. The very
                  people who are now supporting materialism call
                  themselves `spiritualists', or priests of some faith or other,
                  representatives of the supersensible world.

                  In those ancient times the people offering a life in the spirit that
                  was no longer justifiable called themselves materialists. They did
                  so from the point of view which I have characterized. Today a large
                  number of people who really wish to keep humanity bound to the
                  material world call themselves representatives of the spiritual
                  world.'

                  Page 50

                  Think of all the efforts we go to in spiritual science working
                  towards anthroposophy to form sufficiently clear ideas; for
                  instances, as to how far the things we become aware of in human
                  minds, in the form of dreams, may or may not be reflecting the
                  truth. As human beings we cannot immediately distinguish truth from
                  falsehood when something appears in the course of a dream. The same
                  state of mind arises for a congregation when they are told lies by
                  people who know those lies will be believed. The soul is brought to
                  a state, a mood, by those lies where it becomes the willing tool of
                  those desiring power. It is easiest to get people into your power by
                  planting illusions in their unsuspecting minds'.

                  > ******* Why do you connect this to the planet Mars? I connect the
                  trance state to Saturn, as it's a reversion to the state of
                  consciousness of Ancient Saturn.
                  > -starman
                  > www.DrStarman.com
                  >

                  > To: steiner@...: carynlouise24@...: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:19:09
                  +0000Subject: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

                  > Interesting reactions – Well it is interesting Mars is the
                  reincarnation of the Old Moon. Explains the `trance' state.One thing
                  in life which I cannot stand is when people say `blessings' or `God
                  bless you' – like they have this authority to tell God who to bless
                  who not to bless!Well back to Billy … then --- In