Re: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

  • John Massengale
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 10, 2008

      On Jul 10, 2008, at 4:37 PM, Mathew Morrell wrote:

      I spit on
      his name and anyone who mentions it in this forum.

      I'm not interested in spitting or being told what to say here.

      I will try signing myself off. If that doesn't work, please sign me off.

      thanks
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 10, 2008

        > *******Who is he? I've never heard of him.

        Steven Hale is that psycho pomp you removed from this forum a couple years ago, who joined this forum, it seems, for no other purpose than to clog it up, undermine, and manipulate people like me with his overbearing, ego-centric personality.

        According to my sources, Steve Hale recently accused Starman of being in the mold of the Aryan Nation.  That's just one things he's accused Starman and myself of being.  There are many more lies and falsehoods that pour from this person's mouth.  Mr Hale has made a profession of creating devils and unleashing them through anthroposophical discussion forums.

        Mathew

        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 10, 2008
          *******Thank you, Matthew. I'd forgotten all about this rather unpleasant fellow. Just looked up his rantings when he was briefly a member of this list. No wonder you reacted so.

              I see no evidence of any singular insight into peoples' past lives, or anything esoteric or spiritual for that matter, in this person. He appears to be just another egotist who is out to twist anthroposophy into something that supports his own opinions, rather similar to the fellow I mentioned who says he's the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce. They're a dime a dozen online here.

             I would not place much faith in anything he had to say about Edgar Cayce, or Rudolf Steiner, for that matter. He might have something worthwhile to say, but I would say one would have to critically examine every statement such a person makes for falsehoods.

          -starman

          www.DrStarman.com

          To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
          From: tma4cbt@...
          Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:35:05 +0000
          Subject: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

          --- In steiner@yahoogroups .com, Durward Starman <DrStarman@.. .> wrote:

          > *******Who is he? I've never heard of him.

          Steven Hale is that psycho pomp you removed from this forum a couple years ago, who joined this forum, it seems, for no other purpose than to clog it up, undermine, and manipulate people like me with his overbearing, ego-centric personality.

          According to my sources, Steve Hale recently accused Starman of being in the mold of the Aryan Nation.  That's just one things he's accused Starman and myself of being.  There are many more lies and falsehoods that pour from this person's mouth.  Mr Hale has made a profession of creating devils and unleashing them through anthroposophical discussion forums.

          Mathew

          Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.
        • happypick2000
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 10, 2008

            > --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, Durward Starman <DrStarman@> wrote:
            > >

            > > *******Who is he? I've never heard of him.
            > >

            > Steven Hale is that psycho pomp you removed from this forum a couple
            > years ago, who joined this forum, it seems, for no other purpose than to
            > clog it up, undermine, and manipulate people like me with his
            > overbearing, ego-centric personality.
            >
            > According to my sources, Steve Hale recently accused Starman of being in
            > the mold of the Aryan Nation. That's just one things he's
            > accused Starman and myself of being. There are many more lies and
            > falsehoods that pour from this person's mouth. Mr Hale has made a
            > profession of creating devils and unleashing them through
            > anthroposophical discussion forums.
            >
            > Mathew

            I vaguely recall someone of that name although not the particulars.
            Unfortunately, this world seems to be full of unsavory types, and the
            best I can say in such cases is to the effect that they will be held
            responsible for any and all actions of theirs, and in a well deserved
            way. I shudder to ponder such fates and can only try to overlook
            harmful events and people while learning from them in the way Steiner
            mentions coming across the dead dog with such beautiful teeth, but I
            fail far too often.

            Blessings,

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 10, 2008
              *******Sorry for Matthew's temper. But in any gathering of people an angry outburst will happen now and then. It's not a reason for leaving a group.

              I wonder, do you belong to an anthroposophical study group? Would you do the same there?

              -starman

              www.DrStarman.com

              To: steiner@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 11, 2008
                Interesting reactions – Well it is interesting Mars is the
                reincarnation of the Old Moon. Explains the `trance' state.

                One thing in life which I cannot stand is when people say `blessings'
                or `God bless you' – like they have this authority to tell God who to
                bless who not to bless!

                Well back to Billy … then

                > *******Well, I'm sorry but I have to tell you that some of your
                information is woefully inaccurate! You could verify this by doing a
                search online or reading a few books about the Cayce Readings. I'd
                recommend reading a biography of the man first, such as "There Is A
                River" by Tom Sugrue, then look through whatever books of excerpts
                from his psychic readings interest you, like Edgar Cayce on Atlantis,
                Edgar Cayce on Jesus and His Church, etc. You'll find the information
                quite similar to Theosophy and anthroposophy, frequently identical.

                > The objection of Rittlemeyer's was about people claiming to be
                an authority because of who they supposedly were in another life.
                This has nothing to do with telling what other peoples' past lives
                were--- which of course Dr. Steiner also did, so Rittlemeyer's
                criticiism about "claiming authority" on the basis of previous
                incarnations couldn't possibly include. He meant saying 'Well, I was
                so-and-so in a past life and so you should listen to me' (as one poor
                soul currently does who claims to have been Cayce himself, while
                producing no evidence of any abilities in this life). Telling people
                they should study music because they have an unrealized musical gift
                due to having been a musician in ancient Greece, as the Cayce
                Readings might do--- well, that's a completely different thing than
                what Rittlemeyer was talking about, clearly. Dr. Steiner also would
                identify learning disabilities in children as coming from past lives
                and use this knowledge in treatment.

                > Also, the Readings did not identify Cayce as having been
                Pythagoras. He did say that in a past life he was an Egyptian
                initiate unknown to history named Ra Ta, whose memory later became
                mixed in with the mythological Ra. But he didn't claim people should
                listen to him because he was that priest in the time of the building
                of the pyramids. In fact, Cayce didn't ask people to listen to him at
                all, as he was not a teacher like Steiner. He was a freakish case of
                an ordinary-seeming man who, because of his past lives, could go into
                a trance state and connect with the same sources as Blavatsky and
                Steiner. In his trances, he mainly was asked medical questions about
                people who were sick. Other stuff was secondary to him and he wasn't
                sure how much to trust it himself.

                > -starmanwww.DrStarman.com
                >

                > To: steiner@...: carynlouise24@...: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:51:19
                +0000Subject: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

                > The Edgar Cayce's I have read are:The Life Story of JesusThe Origin
                and Destiny of ManRevelationMany Happy Returns My thoughts are:In
                Friedrich Rittelmeyer's `RUDOLF STEINER ENTERS MY LIFE' Friedrich
                writes:`His (Rudolf Steiner) attitude in the Krishnamurti affair
                shows that he regarded it as the greatest occult sin to claim
                authority for anyone on the ground of previous incarnations. In the
                age of the "Consciousness Soul" everyone must appeal with his
                teaching simply and solely to men's own objective sense of truth, and
                convince them purely on the basis of reason'.Edgar Cayce in an
                unconscious state claimed authority for person's previous
                incarnations and this should be a reason for concern. For instance;
                say someone like Edgar Cayce had to say to me `you were Mickey Mouse
                in your previous incarnation' – if I was naïve enough to believe this
                (because I was seeking the fundamental question of life `who am I') I
                would spend the rest of my life prancing around thinking to myself `I
                am Mickey Mouse' and further begin to act, take on the role of,
                Mickey Mouse - only to find when I pass through the portals of death
                I was actually Donald Duck in a previous incarnation and thus wasted
                a whole life in misconception.The age old wisdom comes to mind `Know
                Thyself' through yourself being yourself.Another factor; Edgar Cayce
                has claimed himself to be the great ancient leader Ra and the great
                mathematician Pythagoras in previous lifetimes.As far as I know not
                even Rudolf Steiner would claim to ascertain who he was in previous
                lifetimes in such an open manner; and further the true understanding
                of reincarnation of Initiates is not truly understood by the
                uninitiated.At this point I would like to say; Stephen Hale is
                greatly respected and (in my view) his investigations into the Karmic
                relationships between people is well thought through, done in a very
                concise manner and most importantly in a conscious manner. These
                investigations, on people who have already passed through the
                portals, namely Rudolf Steiner himself, directly proves the above
                writing by Friedrich Rittelmeyer on Rudolf Steiner's view on previous
                incarnations are done with an objective sense of truth based on
                knowledge and reason and is a gift invaluable to anthroposophy.I have
                spent years pondering Edgar Cayce and it is not without undue
                considerations I put this forward.--- In steiner@yahoogroups.com,
                Durward Starman <DrStarman@> wrote:>> > > > To: steiner@:
                Cheeseandsalsa@: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 13:32:21 -0400Subject: Re: [steiner]
                Edgar Cayce> > > > Barbara Handclow who isn't an anthro said that
                Cayce is a member and his father of the masons. She wrote that they
                were of the dark occult brotherhood...I personally do not resonate
                with what he brought to us. > I do agree - a balance is always good
                in communications.Any thoughts ... I wonder what Rudolf Steiner would
                have to say on Edgar Cayce?> > > 1> > .> *******> > > > > > Well, in
                this particular case I can say flatly that the lady is mistaken.
                Neither Cayce nor his father were Masons, I know that from personal
                study and contact with his family and many people who actually knew
                him here in Virginia Beach. He was not a member of anything, and in
                fact didn't know about Theosophy or anything esoteric until he began
                answering questions about such matters in his "readings." He almost
                never remembered anything he said in trance so they had to have a
                stenographer take it all down, and he read what he'd said afterwards
                along with everybody else. He was a simple Christian while awake and
                never joined anything except the local Presbyterian Church here. His
                father was a difficult man whom Edgar didn't get along with very
                well, but he also was not a member of any brotherhood or anything and
                had nothing to do with Edgar Cayce's work most of his life. > > As to
                what you don't resonate with in the Cayce Readings, well there's a
                lot that may be criticized in many ways. I don't know what you've
                read from them. > > Starman>
                __________________________________________________________> It's a
                talkathon – but it's not just talk.> http://www.imtalkathon.com/?
                source=EML_WLH_Talkathon_JustTalk>

                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 11, 2008
                  ******* Why do you connect this to the planet Mars? I connect the trance state to Saturn, as it's a reversion to the state of consciousness of Ancient Saturn.

                  -starman

                  www.DrStarman.com

                  To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
                  From: carynlouise24@...
                  Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:19:09 +0000

> [...]

                  stenographer take it all down, and he read what he'd said afterwards
                  along with everybody else. He was a simple Christian while awake and
                  never joined anything except the local Presbyterian Church here. His
                  father was a difficult man whom Edgar didn't get along with very
                  well, but he also was not a member of any brotherhood or anything and
                  had nothing to do with Edgar Cayce's work most of his life. > > As to
                  what you don't resonate with in the Cayce Readings, well there's a
                  lot that may be criticized in many ways. I don't know what you've
                  read from them. > > Starman>
                  ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> It's a
                  talkathon – but it's not just talk.> http://www.imtalkat hon.com/?
                  source=EML_WLH_ Talkathon_ JustTalk>

                  > Making the world a better place one message at a time.

                  The i’m Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world? Find out now.
                • carynlouise24
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 14, 2008
                    I trace it to the Old Moon stage of clairvoyance for specific
                    corresponding reasons. Arhimanic and his sidekick the untamed
                    Luciferic. We understand during the Old Moon period the astral body
                    was in development and the mineral was not yet included in the human
                    body, this was a predominately Luciferic stage.

                    In Rudolf Steiner's `Polarities in the Evolution of Mankind' eleven
                    lectures given to members of the Anthroposophical Society in
                    Stuttgart 5 March to 22 November 1920 pg 108 – we read

                    `The Jesuit literature on the material world is much more brilliantly
                    written than the works of many others writers on the subject today.
                    Father Erich Wasmann's work on ants, for example, is really good, you
                    will gain more from reading it than from the pedantic, uninspired
                    writings of other scientists. Many more examples could be given.

                    The (work of the) Jesuits would be excellent if they confined
                    themselves to the material world; it is a deliberate aim (of the
                    Jesuits) to use their description of the material world to encourage
                    people to associate knowledge with the materialistic aspect of the
                    physical world only.

                    The intention is to pretend to human minds that the methods used to
                    gain knowledge cannot be used to investigate the supersensible
                    world. In ancient times Lucifer-dominated individuals suggested that
                    human beings would gain mastery of the world if they made use of
                    ancient divine knowledge, yet evolution had already gone beyond this
                    point.

                    Now we have late followers of those people from post-primeval times
                    pretending to the world that it is not possible to extend knowledge
                    to the supersensible sphere and that knowledge cannot go beyond the
                    sense-perceptible world. In those early times the intention had been
                    to drug people with supersensible knowledge.

                    Now human beings of the same ilk want to use all possible means to
                    push humanity into the physical world; they want human beings stuck
                    in that world and grasp the supersensible world only with the
                    nebulous impulse of faith.

                    In post-primeval times the aim had been to inundate humankind with an
                    excess of supersensible knowledge. Today those late followers want
                    human beings to have less than the right amount of knowledge in this
                    sphere. Past intent was to provide supersensible knowledge that was
                    no longer appropriate. Present intent is to let people have only
                    sense-bound knowledge, making the supersensible world an area where
                    every individual may hold whatever views he or she likes.

                    What would be the outcome if the group of people to whom we are
                    referring were to achieve some kind of victory? These are the people
                    who deliberately make a sharp distinction between knowledge and
                    belief. There are of course large numbers of easily led people who
                    come across the diatribe on the `clear distinction between faith and
                    knowledge' and repeat it; they merely repeat it.

                    What is all this about? The aim is to do the opposite of what those
                    individual in post-primeval times did in their way. In the old days
                    the intention was to prevent humanity from descending completely and
                    taking up its mission on earth. Today the intention is to keep
                    people tied to that mission on earth to prevent their further
                    development, for which the earth would provide the basis. The very
                    people who are now supporting materialism call
                    themselves `spiritualists', or priests of some faith or other,
                    representatives of the supersensible world.

                    In those ancient times the people offering a life in the spirit that
                    was no longer justifiable called themselves materialists. They did
                    so from the point of view which I have characterized. Today a large
                    number of people who really wish to keep humanity bound to the
                    material world call themselves representatives of the spiritual
                    world.'

                    Page 50

                    Think of all the efforts we go to in spiritual science working
                    towards anthroposophy to form sufficiently clear ideas; for
                    instances, as to how far the things we become aware of in human
                    minds, in the form of dreams, may or may not be reflecting the
                    truth. As human beings we cannot immediately distinguish truth from
                    falsehood when something appears in the course of a dream. The same
                    state of mind arises for a congregation when they are told lies by
                    people who know those lies will be believed. The soul is brought to
                    a state, a mood, by those lies where it becomes the willing tool of
                    those desiring power. It is easiest to get people into your power by
                    planting illusions in their unsuspecting minds'.

                    > ******* Why do you connect this to the planet Mars? I connect the
                    trance state to Saturn, as it's a reversion to the state of
                    consciousness of Ancient Saturn.
                    > -starman
                    > www.DrStarman.com
                    >

                    > To: steiner@...: carynlouise24@...: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:19:09
                    +0000Subject: [steiner] Re: Edgar Cayce

                    > Interesting reactions – Well it is interesting Mars is the
                    reincarnation of the Old Moon. Explains the `trance' state.One thing
                    in life which I cannot stand is when people say `blessings' or `God
                    bless you' – like they have this authority to tell God who to bless
                    who not to bless!Well back to Billy … then --- In