Soul-Calendar, Week 14 after Easter: Summer

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2008

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the TWINS (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 4 (Summer) *

      An Sinnesoffenbarung hingegeben,

      Verlor ich mein Eigenwesens Trieb,

      Gedankentraum, er schien

      Betäubend mir das Selbst zu rauben,

      Doch weckend nahet schon

      In Sinnenschein mir Weltendanken.

      To Senses' offerings given over

      I lose Self-Essence's Drive;

      Dreaminess of Thinking, it seems

      To stupefy me, the Self to rob,

      But a waking now approaches

      From Senses' Shining in me of World-Thinking.

         The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our 'selves' again in the World-Self. This is the St. John's experience of 'I must decrease that He may increase.'

          This week, meditating with the verse enables us to feel how that World-Thinking, the Ideas the Spirit uses to build Nature, now begins to approach us in our summer waking-dream state, where we are immersed in the senses' beauty.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, June 22nd. Moon Aquarius. Wilhelm von Humboldt born 1767.

      Monday, June 23rd. Moon Pisces. Colombus born 1456.

      Tuesday, June 24th. Moon Pisces. John the Baptist (St. John’s Day).

      Wednesday June 25th. Moon Aries. Wilhelm Jordan died 1904.

      Thursday, June 26th. Moon Aries. Last Quarter.  Julian the Apostate died 363 A.D.

      Friday, June 27th. Moon Aries. Phillipina.

      Saturday, June 28th. Moon Taurus.  Leo.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

         SATURN and MARS are both in the West at sunset. Saturn is close to the Heart of the Lion, Regulus, on Sunday night. All three make a small triangle. Mars is approaching closer to Saturn all through the month of June and will be seen to conjunct it in early July.

         JUPITER is the bright white 'star' that rises in the East at sunset, in the Southeast, to the left of the stars of the Scorpion.

      Earn cashback on your purchases with Live Search - the search that pays you back! Learn More