Re: Spirit Orbs

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2008

      > Mathew, I've never visited caves in the Ozarks but have prowled

      > through Mammouth Cave and others in Kentucky 's cave country. It seems

      > to me these "orbs" might possibly be what some locals call methane

      > globs, formed from escaping gases deep underground. I know nothing

      > more about such phenomena other than to say such globs in Kentucky

      > seem to be found in the very large open dave sections very deep

      > underground.

      > Thanks for all your contributions - they are enjoyed.

      > Sheila

      You really are well travelled, Sheila.  No wonder you're so good at travel-writing.  I've never heard of methane globs before but I'm certain there's a rational explanation of some kind.

      Here's another picture of an orb where there's no concentration of escaping gas.  The picture was taken by me outdoors, at the cave entrance.  This particular cave was on National Park land, so it was gated.  Look very closely at the "orb" above the man opening the gate.

    • happypick2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 18, 2008

        > > Mathew, I've never visited caves in the Ozarks but have prowled
        >
        > > through Mammouth Cave and others in Kentucky's cave country. It seems
        >
        > > to me these "orbs" might possibly be what some locals call methane
        >
        > > globs, formed from escaping gases deep underground. I know nothing
        >
        > > more about such phenomena other than to say such globs in Kentucky
        >
        > > seem to be found in the very large open dave sections very deep
        >
        > > underground.
        >

        > > Thanks for all your contributions - they are enjoyed.
        >

        > > Sheila
        >

        > You really are well travelled, Sheila. No wonder you're so good at
        > travel-writing. I've never heard of methane globs before but
        > I'm certain there's a rational explanation of some kind.
        >

        > Here's another picture of an orb where there's no concentration
        > of escaping gas. The picture was taken by me outdoors, at the cave
        > entrance. This particular cave was on National Park land, so it was
        > gated. Look very closely at the "orb" above the man opening the
        > gate.

        WOW! Amazing. Surely there are sources for some response regarding
        these "objects?" The physics department of U of AK would most likely
        be knowledgeable from a materialistic standpoint about this particular
        mystery. Years ago in something of Steiner's he speaks of what I
        commonly call "swamp fire" - those strange lights seen in such places
        as Louisiana's many cypress swamp areas, and it seems to me he hints
        to the effect such gaseous releases are connected to certain spiritual
        impulses - as usual my reading is so continuous I seldom know where to
        find what! Does anyone on the list have any idea where this particular
        point might be found?

        Thanks, Mathew. Hopefully we'll be able to gain some comprehension of
        these phenomena.

        Cheers,