Re: Spirit Orbs

  • happypick2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2008

      > According to the Missouri Ghost Watchers <http://www.ghosthaunting.com/>
      > , the floating "orbs" of light in these photos of mine are
      > spirit forms. The photos were taken in various caves located in the
      > Missouri Ozarks. I've tried searching around the Internet to see if
      > there are any other cave photos showing these orbs, but I haven't
      > been able to find any yet. Here are just a couple examples. I have
      > many more, as I seem to have some kind of gift for attracting these
      > critters.

      Mathew, I've never visited caves in the Ozarks but have prowled
      through Mammouth Cave and others in Kentucky's cave country. It seems
      to me these "orbs" might possibly be what some locals call methane
      globs, formed from escaping gases deep underground. I know nothing
      more about such phenomena other than to say such globs in Kentucky
      seem to be found in the very large open dave sections very deep
      underground.

      Thanks for all your contributions - they are enjoyed.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 2008

        > Mathew, I've never visited caves in the Ozarks but have prowled

        > through Mammouth Cave and others in Kentucky 's cave country. It seems

        > to me these "orbs" might possibly be what some locals call methane

        > globs, formed from escaping gases deep underground. I know nothing

        > more about such phenomena other than to say such globs in Kentucky

        > seem to be found in the very large open dave sections very deep

        > underground.

        > Thanks for all your contributions - they are enjoyed.

        > Sheila

        You really are well travelled, Sheila.  No wonder you're so good at travel-writing.  I've never heard of methane globs before but I'm certain there's a rational explanation of some kind.

        Here's another picture of an orb where there's no concentration of escaping gas.  The picture was taken by me outdoors, at the cave entrance.  This particular cave was on National Park land, so it was gated.  Look very closely at the "orb" above the man opening the gate.

      • happypick2000
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 18, 2008

          > > Mathew, I've never visited caves in the Ozarks but have prowled
          >
          > > through Mammouth Cave and others in Kentucky's cave country. It seems
          >
          > > to me these "orbs" might possibly be what some locals call methane
          >
          > > globs, formed from escaping gases deep underground. I know nothing
          >
          > > more about such phenomena other than to say such globs in Kentucky
          >
          > > seem to be found in the very large open dave sections very deep
          >
          > > underground.
          >

          > > Thanks for all your contributions - they are enjoyed.
          >

          > > Sheila
          >

          > You really are well travelled, Sheila. No wonder you're so good at
          > travel-writing. I've never heard of methane globs before but
          > I'm certain there's a rational explanation of some kind.
          >

          > Here's another picture of an orb where there's no concentration
          > of escaping gas. The picture was taken by me outdoors, at the cave
          > entrance. This particular cave was on National Park land, so it was
          > gated. Look very closely at the "orb" above the man opening the
          > gate.

          WOW! Amazing. Surely there are sources for some response regarding
          these "objects?" The physics department of U of AK would most likely
          be knowledgeable from a materialistic standpoint about this particular
          mystery. Years ago in something of Steiner's he speaks of what I
          commonly call "swamp fire" - those strange lights seen in such places
          as Louisiana's many cypress swamp areas, and it seems to me he hints
          to the effect such gaseous releases are connected to certain spiritual
          impulses - as usual my reading is so continuous I seldom know where to
          find what! Does anyone on the list have any idea where this particular
          point might be found?

          Thanks, Mathew. Hopefully we'll be able to gain some comprehension of
          these phenomena.

          Cheers,