Re: [steiner] Music from the spiritual world

  • Richard Distasi
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2000
      Sena:
      Gustav Mahler's 8th. Symphony (Part 2: closing scene from Goethe's 'Faust')
      is music that has (I feel) the quality to remind us of our spiritual
      origins. [rick distasi]
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2000
        Thanks for your contribution,Rick. This is a piece of music I am not
        familiar with.
        Regards,
        Sena
        -- In steiner@egroups.com, "Richard Distasi" <radistasi@p...> wrote:
        > Sena:
        > Gustav Mahler's 8th. Symphony (Part 2: closing scene from
        Goethe's 'Faust')
        > is music that has (I feel) the quality to remind us of our spiritual
        > origins. [rick distasi]

      • nicholas dee
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2000
          dear sena,
          i have read somewhere that beethoven's symphony no.
          9 is supposed to have that effect. i don't really
          know. i have heard that music a few times. but
          perhaps the effect is on the etheric body; so that if
          one is not a clairvoyant, one can't tell the effect.
          anyway, i named my son, ludwig, after beethoven,
          and a portion of symphony no. 9 entitled, "ode to joy"
          happens to be the first piano short piece he learned
          to play.
          nicholas

          http://invites.yahoo.com/
        • Sena Fernando
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2000
            Dear Nicholas,
            Thanks for sharing that with us. Beethoven's 9th is one of my
            favourites. When I listen to it I know for certain that it could not
            have arisen from physical evolution and random mutation.
            Sena