Soul-Calendar, Week 9

    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2008

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the BULL (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail--- but you may not be able to see it if your program removes or blocks the attachments.

      *  M A N T R A  # 9 *

      Vergessend meine Willenseigenheit

      Erfüllet Weltenwärme sommerkündend

      Mir Geist und Seelenwesen;

      Im Lichte mich zu verlieren

      Gebietet mir das Geisteschauen,

      Und kraftvoll kündet Ahnung mir:

      Verieren dich, und dich zu finden.

      Forgetting my Egohood’s Will,

      The World-Warmth, heralding Summer,

      Fills my Spirit and Soul-Essence;

      To lose myself in the Light,

      The Spirit-Vision commands me,

      And powerfully prophesies to me:

      Lose yourself, and yourself you’ll find.

      *******An interpretation:

      The spiritual force of the light in the outer world grows so strong that the soul and spirit wants to let go of self-will and lose our being in it.
         And working with the mantra we see that this is what we SHOULD do at this time, for it's a stage in a process
      necessary in order to find oneself again anew later in the year.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, May 18th. Moon Scorpio.

      Isabella.

      Monday, May 19th. Moon Scorpio. Full Moon.
      J.G. Fichte born 1762.

      Tuesday, May 20th. Moon Sagittarius.
      Columbus died 1506. John Stuart Mill born 1806.

      Wednesday May 21st. Moon Sagittarius.
      Albrecht Dürer born 1471.

      Thursday, May 22nd. Moon Capricorn.
      Richard Wagner born 1813.

      Friday, May 23rd. Moon Capricorn.
      Savanarola burnt at the stake 1498.

      Saturday, May 24th. Moon Capricorn.

      Copernicus died 1543. Lord Bulwer-Lytton born 1803.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY (Northern Hemisphere):

         MARS is near the Twins of Gemini, high in the west at sunset.

      SATURN is next to the Lion's Heart, Regulus, above Mars in the southwest. Mars is approaching Saturn and will be close to it (in conjunction) in early July.

          JUPITER can be seen as a brilliant 'morning star' in the southern sky from shortly before midnight till dawn, next to the stars of the Scorpion.