Soul-Calendar, Verse 7

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2008

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the BULL (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail--- but you may not be able to see it if your program removes or blocks the attachments.

      *    M A N T R A  #7 *

      Mein selbst, es drohet zu entfliehen,

      Vom Weltenlichte mächtig angezogen.

      Nun trete du mein Ahnen

      In deine Rechte kraftig ein

      Ersetze mir des Denkens Macht

      Das in der Sinne Schein

      Sich selbst verlieren will.

      My Self, it threatens to fly out

      To World-Light mightily drawn.

      Now enter you, my foreboding,

      Into your rightful place forcefully,

      Restore for me Thinking’s Might

      That in the Senses’ Shine

      Would lose itself.

      *******An interpretation:

      The weaving of the Sun in the springtime growth of the plants reveals the Divine working into Nature. The past few weeks we can feel that spiritual essence working as being like our inner souls spread out in external space.

      But now this week the spiritual force of the light becomes SO strong that we would completely dissolve our inner beings into it.

      So a feeling of what is to come in the future grows in us, a foreboding of what's coming---- to keep us from being only in this present moment, preventing thinking from losing itself totally in the body and its senses.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, May 4th. Moon Taurus. Monica, mother of Augustine dies 387 A.D.

      Monday, May 5th. Moon Taurus. New Moon. Columbus discovers America 1492.

      Tuesday, May 6th. Moon Gemini.  John, writer of the Gospel and the Apocalypse.

      Wednesday May 7th. Moon Gemini.  Gottfried.

      Thursday, May 8th. Moon Cancer. The Prophet Micah. H.P. Blavatsky died 1891.

      Friday, May 9th. Moon Cancer. Schiller died 1805.

      Saturday, May 10th. Moon Leo.
        Gordian.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY (Northern Hemisphere):

         MARS is near the head of Pollux, one of the Twins of Gemini, high in the southwest at sunset. The crescent Moon is seen near it Friday and Saturday nights for a few hours after sunset.

        SATURN is one of the two bright 'stars' on the meridian at sunset (close to directly overhead), next to the Lion's Heart, Regulus.

          JUPITER can be seen as a brilliant 'morning star' in the southern sky from shortly before midnight till dawn, next to the stars of the Scorpion. VENUS is a much-brighter morning star in the East from about 2 hours before sunrise until dawn.

      Dr. Starman

      With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.