Soul-Calendar, Week 6 after Easter

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 27, 2008

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th to 30th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the RAM (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail--- but you may not be able to see it if your program removes attachments or if you are just reading this at the web site because you don't wish to communicate with our group in real time.

      *   M A N T R A  #6 *

      Es ist erstanden aus der Eigenheit

      Mein Selbst und findet sich

      Als Weltenoffenbarung

      In Zeit- und Raumeskräften;

      Die Welt, sie zeigt mir überall

      Als goöttlich Urbild

      Des eignen Abbilds Wahrheit.

      There has arisen out of my Egohood

      My Self and finds itself

      As World-Revelation

      In Time- and Space-forces;

      The World, it points out to me everywhere

      As godly Archetypal picture

      My own Image’s truth.

      *******An interpretation:

          We can see that the spiritual essence working creatively in Nature, as the transformation of spring's growth goes on all around us in time and space, is a picture of the creative nature of our true Self--- which this week rises out of our ordinary ego-consciousness, to find itself mirrored in outer Nature.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, April 27th. Moon Aquarius. Tertullian (famous Church teacher of the 3rd century). Socrates born 470 B.C. Emerson died 1882.

      Monday, April 28th. Moon Aquarius. Last Quarter. Eusebius.

      Tuesday, April 29th. Moon Aquarius. The Virgin of Orleans frees Orleans 1429.

      Wednesday April 30th. Moon Pisces.    Seneca assassinated 65 A.D. Gauss (the mathematician) born 1777.

      Thursday, May 1st. Moon Pisces. Walpurgis.

      Friday, May 2nd. Moon Aries. Leonardo da Vinci died 1519. Novalis born 1772.

      Saturday, May 3rd. Moon Aries.
       Empress Helena found the Cross of Christ in Jerusalem 326 A.D.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY (Northern Hemisphere):

         MARS is near the head of Pollux, one of the Twins of Gemini, high in the southwest at sunset.

        SATURN is one of the two bright 'stars' on the meridian at sunset (close to directly overhead), next to the Lion's Heart, Regulus.

          JUPITER can be seen as a brilliant 'morning star' in the southern sky from shortly before midnight till dawn, next to the stars of the Scorpion.

      Message 2 of 6 , May 18, 2009
      • 1 Attachment
      • 93 KB
                          The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era.
      A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, orange) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

      *   M A N T R A  #6 *

      Es ist erstanden aus der Eigenheit

      Mein Selbst und findet sich

      Als Weltenoffenbarung

      In Zeit- und Raumeskräften;

      Die Welt, sie zeigt mir überall

      Als göttlich Urbild

      Des eignen Abbilds Wahrheit.

      There has arisen out of my Egohood

      My Self, and it finds itself

      As World-Revelation

      In Time- and Space-forces;

      The World, it points out to me everywhere

      As godly Archetypal picture

      My own Image’s truth.

      An interpretation:

        We can see that the spiritual essence working in Nature, as the transformation of spring goes on around us in time and space, is an image of our true Self, which this week rises out of our ego-consciousness to find itself mirrored there. Last week, we saw forces of the astral body (soul) pictured there; this week, the Ego.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, May 17th. Moon Pisces. Last Quarter. Bruno Magnus, Russian Apostle of the 11th century.

       .

      Monday, May 18th. Moon Pisces.  Isabella.

      .

      Tuesday, May 19th. Moon Aries.  J.G. Fichte born 1762.

      .

      Wednesday, May 20th. Moon Aries.   Columbus died 1506. John Stuart Mill born 1806..

      .

      Thursday, May 21st. Moon Aries.   Albrecht Dürer born 1471.

       .

      Friday, May 22nd. Moon Taurus.  Richard Wagner born 1813.

      Saturday, May 23rd. Moon Taurus.  Savanarola burnt at the stake 1498.

      .

      PLANETS in the Night Sky: Saturn is visible in the South from sunset on, beneath the stars of the Lion.

      Message 3 of 6 , May 29, 2011
      • 1 Attachment
      • 47 KB

          Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                                                             *******
                  THE ZODIAC IMAGE
         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1sth to June 15th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign (orange) is attached to this e-mail.

      * M A N T R A # 6 *

       Es ist erstanden aus der Eigenheit

      Mein Selbst und findet sich

      Als Weltenoffenbarung

      In Zeit- und Raumeskräften;

      Die Welt, sie zeigt mir überall

      Als göttlich Urbild

      Des eignen Abbilds Wahrheit.

      There has arisen out of my Egohood

      My Self, and finds itself

      As World-Revelation

      In Time- and Space-forces;

      The World, it points out to me everywhere

      As godly Archetypal picture

      My own Image’s truth.

      An interpretation of the mantra:

          We can see that the spiritual essence working in Nature (as the transformation of spring goes on around us in time and space) is an image of our true Self, which this week rises out of our ego-consciousness to find itself mirrored there.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, May 29th. Moon Taurus.

      Christiana.

      Monday,  May 30th.  Moon Taurus.

      The Maid of Orleans burnt 1431.

      Tuesday, May 31st. Moon Gemini.

      Angela

      Wednesday,  June 1stMoon Gemini. New Moon.
      Nicodemus.

      Thursday,  June 2ndMoon Gemini.

       Erasmus

      Friday,   June 3rd. Moon Cancer.

       Clotilde.

      Saturday,   June 4th. Moon Cancer.  Karpasius.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

      Dim, yellowish Saturn is in the south at sunset, amongst the stars of the Virgin. It makes a triangle with the 2 bright stars Spica and Arcturus.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
      The brilliant "morning star" Venus is seen in the East every day before sunrise. Mercury, Jupiter and Mars are now also visible in the east just before sunrise. The waning crescent moon is close to them all Monday and Tuesday mornings.

      Message 4 of 6 , May 13, 2012
      • 1 Attachment
      • 93 KB

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

              THE ZODIAC IMAGE
          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, orange, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 6 *

      Es ist erstanden aus der Eigenheit

      Mein Selbst und findet sich

      Als Weltenoffenbarung

      In Zeit- und Raumeskräften;

      Die Welt, sie zeigt mir überall

      Als goöttlich Urbild

      Des eignen Abbilds Wahrheit.

      There has arisen out of my Egohood

      My Self and finds itself

      As World-Revelation

      In Time- and Space-forces;

      The World, it points out to me everywhere

      As godly Archetypal picture

      My own Image’s truth.

           We can see that the spiritual essence working in Nature, as the transformation of spring goes on around us in time and space, is an image of our true Self, which this week rises out of our ego-consciousness to find itself mirrored there.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, May 13th. Moon  Pisces.  Carl von Linne born 1707. Cuvier (the great natural scientist) died 1832.

      Monday,  May 14th. Moon Pisces.   Boniface. Ludwig Bechstein died 1860.

      Tuesday, May 16th. Moon Aries.  Torquatus Antonius, prophet in 15th century.

      Wednesday,  May 16th. Moon Aries.   Sarah. Suzanne.

      Thursday, May 17th. Moon Aries.  Bruno Magnus, Russian Apostle of the 11th century.

      Friday,  May 18th. Moon Taurus.  Isabella.

      Saturday,  May 19th. Moon Taurus. J.G. Fichte born 1762.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

          "Evening star" Venus is high in the west at sunset, next to one of the stars of Orion, about to return to the sun and disappear from the evening sky for 9 months. Yellow-red Mars is high in the south at sunset, next to the heart of the Lion, Regulus.  Dimmer, yellowish Saturn rises in the southeast at sunset, next to Spica, the ear of corn in the hand of Virgo the Virgin.

      Message 5 of 6 , May 4, 2013
      • 1 Attachment
      • 93 KB

[...]

      Sunday, May 5th. Moon Aries.   Columbus discovers America 1492.

      Monday, May 6th. Moon Aries.  John, writer of the Gospel and the Apocalypse.

      Tuesday, May 7th. Moon Aries.   Gottfried.

      Wednesday,  May 8th. Moon Taurus. The Prophet Micah.  H.P. Blavatsky died 1891.

      Thursday,  May 9th. Moon Taurus. New Moon.  Ascension Day.  Schiller died 1805.

      Friday
       May 10th. Moon Gemini.   Gordian.

      Saturday,  May 11
      th. Moon Gemini. Otto von Guernicke (inventor of the air-pump) died 1686.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

         Jupiter is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset, next to the bright orange-red star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus.

      -Starman.

      Message 6 of 6 , May 24, 2014

[...]

        An interpretation of the mantra: We can see that the spiritual essence working in Nature--- as the transformation of spring goes on around us in time and space--- is an image of our true Self, which this week rises out of our ego-consciousness to find itself mirrored there.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday May 25th. Moon Taurus. Laying of the Foundation Stone of the Strassbourg Monastery 1277.

        Monday May 26th. Moon Taurus.  The Venerable Bede (famous English monk of the 8th century).

        Tuesday May 27th. Moon Gemini. New Moon.
         Maria of Magdala. Dante born 1265. Calvin died 1564.

        Wednesday May 28th. Moon Gemini.  Wilhelm.

        Thursday May 29th. Moon Gemini.  Christiana.

        Friday May 30th. Moon Cancer.
        The Maid of Orleans burnt 1431.

        Saturday May 31st. Moon Cancer.  Angela.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

           Brilliant Jupiter is now high in the West beneath the Twins at sunset and sets a short while  later. Mars is high in the south at sunset, at its most brilliant yellow-red now because it's now closest to the earth. To the left of it is the bright star Spica (the ear of corn held by Virgo the Virgin).  Dimmer yellowish Saturn follows Mars and Spica up in the southeast.