Soul-Calendar, Week #5

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20 9:29 AM

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th to 30th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the RAM (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

      *MANTRA #5*

      Im Lichte, das aus Gesistestiefen

      In Raume fruchtbar webend

      Der Götter Schaffen offenbart:

      In ihm erscheint der Seele Wesen

      Geweitet zu dem Weltensein

      Und auferstanden

      Aus enger Selbstheit Innenmacht.

      In Light, that out of Spirit-Deeps

      Weaving in Space bearing its fruit

      The Gods’ Shaping is revealed :

      In it shines the Soul’s Essence

      Widened to the World-Existence

      And resurrected

      Out of narrow Selfhood’s Inner Might.

      *******An interpretation:

          The weaving of the Sun in the springtime growth of the plants reveals the Divine working.

          We can feel, by use of the mantra, that this spiritual essence working is similar to our own inner souls, that it is like our soul spread out in external space--- that the world is a mirror of our inner selves, both sprouting into new life.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, April 20th. Moon Scorpio. Full Moon. Sulpicius.

      Monday, April 21st. Moon Scorpio. Mohammed born 571.

      Tuesday, April 22nd. Moon Sagittarius. Kant born 1724.

      Wednesday April 23rd. Moon Sagittarius.    George (slayer of the Dragon, that according to legend lived in the time of Diocletian). Shaespeare born 1564.

      Thursday, April 24th. Moon Sagittarius. Sigmund.

      Friday, April 25th. Moon Capricorn. Mark the Evangelist.

      Saturday, April 26th. Moon Capricorn.
      Uhland born 1787.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY (Northern Hemisphere):

         MARS is on the meridian at sunset (close to directly overhead), near the foot of Castor, one of the Twins of Gemini.

        SATURN is in the southeast at sunset, near the Lion's Heart, Regulus.

          JUPITER can be seen as a brilliant 'morning star' in the southern sky from shortly after midnight till dawn, next to the stars of the Scorpion. The moon is seen close to it Saturday and Sunday mornings April 26th and 27th.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman. com (web site undergoing remodeling)