Soul-Calendar, Week 2

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2008

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th to April 13th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the FISHES (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

      * M A N T R A #  2 *

      Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls

      Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;

      Es finden Geisteswelten

      Den Menschensprossen wieder,

      Der seinen Keim in ihnen,

      Doch seine Seelenfrucht

      In sich muss finden.

      In outer World of the Senses

      Thinking’s might loses its Self-existence;

      The Spiritual Worlds find

      The offspring of Man again,

      Whose seed is in them

      But who must find its Soul-Fruit

      Within itself.

          The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are thus drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos through them. Our thinking thus loses its character of closing itself off within itself--- and this IS the spiritual world itself finding ITSELF through US.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, March 30th. Moon Capricorn. Guido v. Arezzo (Benedictine monk of the 11th century, worked at reforming Church music).

      Monday, March 31st. Moon Aquarius. The Prophet Amos. The Prophet Jeremiah. Newton died 1727. Bunsen born 1811.

      Tuesday, April 1st. Moon Aquarius. Hugo (11th cent. Guardian of the Cartesian Order).

      Wednesday April 2nd. Moon Pisces. Francis de Paul, founder of the order in the 15th century. Theodosia, martyr in 4th century. Charlemagne born 742. Morse died 1872.

      Thursday, April 3rd. Moon Pisces. The 3rd of April 33 A.D. Is what spiritual-scientific investigation shows as the day of Death of Jesus Christ.

      Friday, April 4th. Moon Aries. Bishop Ambrose died 398 (he by whom Augustine was baptized). University of Basel founded 1460.

      Saturday, April 5th. Moon Aries. New Moon. Vincentius (Christian writer, died 1264). Volta died 1827.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY (Northern Hemisphere):

         MARS is on the meridian at sunset, near the foot of Castor (one of the Twins of Gemini).

          Yellowish SATURN is in the southeast at sunset, beneath the Lion's Heart, Regulus, south of the Big Dipper.

          JUPITER, the brightest object in the sky after the Sun and Moon and Venus, can be seen as a brilliant 'morning star' in the southeast from about 2 hours before sunrise on till dawn. Bright white Jupiter is next to the stars of the Scorpion in the south; the waning moon is seen close to it Monday morning the 31st.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman. com (web site down for remodelling)

      www.DrStarman.com

      Test your Star IQ Play now!