research question: nationalism and sexuality

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2008
      To All:

      In his Introduction to Steiner's lecture cycle
      *The Karma of Untruthfulness; Volume II* Rudi
      Lissau states the following:

      "In the magazine Anthroposophy Today No. 2 there appeared an
      article In Search of Rudolf Steiner. In it the present writer
      gave examples of the intimate contact which Steiner had with
      his audience. In Vienna Steiner described how the emotions of
      his audience affected him and that he took care to avoid two
      particular issues because he found it difficult to deal with
      the waves of emotion which arose in his audience on such
      occasions. One of these issues was human sexuality. But
      Steiner put nationalism, a drive in our subconscious, on the
      same level as sexuality."

      This statement is puzzling to me, especially
      since in this very volume which Lissau introduces
      Steiner does not avoid these "issues"; instead
      he explicity discusses the connection between
      nationalism and sexuality. Could anyone identify
      for me the Vienna lecture that Lissau is talking
      about: date, GA#, Steiner's exact words, etc.?

      Robert Mason

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • plong plong
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2008
        Robert,

        In a series of lectures published in Ancients myths, Steiner pointed out the
        relationship of nationalism and sexuality. It is either chapter one or two.

        Edwin

        p.s. I would be interested to know what you are up to with your research?