[steiner] Soul-Calendar Verse 46: Memory [follow-up]

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2008
      ******* I forgot to mention that Saturn is the bright yellowish 'star' you will see near the full moon Wed. and Thurs. nights.

      To: steiner@yahoogroups.com; soul_calendar@yahoogroups.com; loiss@...; llucas@...; leslielorenz@...; kiyomiioh@...; kiyomi111@...; abele_judith@...; jca_iii@...; leslielorenz@...; deborahtyson60690@...; drsassafras@...
      From: DrStarman@...
      Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:54:06 -0500
      Subject: [steiner] Soul-Calendar Verse 46: Memory

      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from February 9th to March 8th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the WATER-MAN (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

          *  M A N T R A  # 4 6  *

      Die Welt, sie drohet zu betäuben

      Der Seele eingeborene Kraft;

      Nun trete du, Erinnerung,

      Aus Geistestiefen leuchtend auf

      Und stärke mir das Schauen

      Das nur durch Willenskräfte

      Sich selbst erhalten kann.

      The World, it threatens to benumb

      The Soul’s inborn strength;

      Now tread you, Memory,

      Out of Spirit-Deeps enlightening

      And make strong for me the Vision,

      That only through Will's Strength

      Can preserve itself.

        An interpretation:

        We are heading towards spring and summer, when our inner selves once more sleep, while the Earth awakens.

        Last week, the power of thinking united with what was 'born' in us at Christmas, and made clear all the early spring stirrings of new life in the external world---we united with this 'becoming' of

      Nature as we thought about what we perceived.

         This week, this surging new life in the outer world would 'benumb' our souls if the force of MEMORY didn't come in to play its proper role, that of preserving the Vision the spirit has had of what it wishes to create this year.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, February 17th. Moon Cancer.  Giordano Bruno burned 1600. Olcott died 1907.

      Monday, February 18th. Moon Leo.   Luther died 1546. Michelangelo died 1564. Volta born 1745.

      Tuesday, February 19th. Moon Leo. Copernicus born 1473. 1700, Acceptance of the Gregorian Calendar by the Protestants.

      Wednesday February 20th. Moon Virgo. Full Moon.   Voltaire born 1694.

      Thursday, February 21st. Moon Virgo. Spinoza died 1677.

      Friday, February 22nd. Moon Virgo.  Papias (Disciple of the Apostles, died as a martyr 116 A.D.) Schopenhauer born 1788.

      Saturday, February 23rd. Moon Libra.   Lazarus (the poor man in the Gospel). Lazarus (who as described in John’s Gospel by Christ was awakened). Mathematician Gauss died 1855. Eduard von Hartmann born 1842.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY (Northern Hemisphere):

         MARS is high in the south at sunset, above Orion the Hunter. It is bright yellowish-red, near the Bull's horns.

          Yellowish SATURN is in the East before midnight, beneath the Lion, south of the Big Dipper.

          VENUS and JUPITER, the brightest objects in the sky besides Sun and Moon, can be seen as brilliant 'morning stars' in the southeast from about an hour before sunrise on till dawn, next to the stars of the Scorpion in the south.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman. com