The Uriel-Oriphiel Connection

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15 12:48 PM

      Tanabata
      http://www.monju.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/EW8.htm

      "Steiner describes how Uriel looks upon Man with an earnest admonishing gaze - a look with which he seeks to encourage Man to develop conscience, a historical conscience - the ability to look back and reflect on his errors. This is the very activity of the Ego, for out of conscience comes  the will to do the Good. In summer we can be inspired by Uriel - if we have ears to listen to him - to think the Good. In autumn, we do the Good, and offer our good deeds up to Michael, who accepts them and transforms them.

      ". . .Another name for Uriel is Oriphiel - the Saturn Archangel. The Saturn sphere is "the 7th heaven" where each of us works out his karma for his next incarnation with the help of the Beings of the First Hierarchy who indwell the sphere of Saturn - this, for each individual soul is the sphere of historical, or perhaps we should say, biographical, conscience. Man descends before birth from Saturn to the Moon, where he waits in the `lobby' of the spiritual world  for the propitious moment to be born on Earth. Gabriel/Tamonten is the archangel associated with  the Moon. Uriel/Zôjôten, lord of the South, of summer and Saturn; Gabriel/Tamonten, lord of the North, of winter, and  the Moon."

      *                          *                             *

      The Influence of Spiritual Beings on Man
      By Rudolph Steiner
      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/Dates/19080420p01.html

      The names "Uriel," "Gabriel," "Michael," are still known to the modern consciousness, but as a legend from the far past, and you need only look in the Book of Enoch to find the names of yet other Archangels. So, for instance, there is "Phanuel," an important Archangel who has not only the task of guiding some people or nation, but another task too. We are aware that initiation consists of the fact that man strives upwards to an ever higher consciousness, and that even now in the course of earthly evolution he is ascending to an ever higher consciousness. Now the people in the Mystery centres knew well that here too guiding, leading forces were necessary. They therefore brought those who were to be initiated under the protection of the Archangel Phanuel. He was the protector who was called upon by the candidate for initiation.

      *                       *                            *

      Uriel: "The Light or Fire of God"
      http://angelstoday.net/index.php?lang=en&way=2archangels/4uriel

      Uriel (אוּרִיאֵל "Flame of God", Auriel/Oriel (light of god) Standard Hebrew Uriʾel, Tiberian Hebrew ʾÛrîʾÄ"l) is one of the archangels of post-Exilic Rabbinic tradition, and also of certain Christian traditions. His name may have analogies with Uriah.

      *                        *                           *

    • carynlouise24
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18 12:33 AM
        Psalms 8

        O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
        Who hast set thy glory above the heavens. Out of the mouth of babes
        and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies,
        that thou mighest still the enemy and the avenger.

        When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the
        stars, which thou hast ordained; what is man that thou art mindful of
        him?

        For that thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast
        crowned him with glory and honour. Thou madest him to have dominion
        over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
        all sheep and oxen, yea; and the beast of the field; the fowl of the
        air and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths
        of the seas.

        O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!