Re: [steiner] Gospel of St John - question on Christian initiation

  • Duncan Fernando
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2001
      Jeff,
             You are right to point out that there were only very few
      individuals in the 20th century who could be given the title of
      initiate, but is it not Steiner's view that from now on there will
      be no more "stars" (in movie terminlogy), but there will be many
      "extras" quietly becoming more aware of the spiritual world
      under the influence of the Christ impulse?
              Looking around us in the world it is easy to come to the
      conclusion that materialism is triumphant, and indeed from Steiner's
      prediction of the coming of Ahriman things are going to get worse
      before they get better, but I think there are a few little indications of
      spiritual change. I know someone who was thoroughly materialistic
      ( a compulsive gambler) until the age of 68, and then began to see
      spiritual realities. How many people would have predicted the
      ending of Communism in Russia a year before it happened?

                  Sena