Re: Charles Manson, aka Jesus Christ

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008
      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, John Massengale <john@...> wrote:

      > >John Massengale wrote concerning my Charles Manson piece:
      > >
      > >> Why is this appropriate for a Steiner list?
      > >
      > >Why wouldn't a thoughtful analysis of Charles Manson be off limits
      > >spiritual science? I don't get it. Criminology is a passion of
      mine.

      > And dachshunds are a passion of mine, but I don't discuss them here.
      >
      > I didn't say it's off limits. I asked why what you wrote is
      appropriate for a Steiner list.

      > >Should I not post my ideas on this subject, because it makes New
      Agers
      > >feel uncomfortable?
      >
      > Since you frequently write about your disdain for New Agers, that's
      meant as an insult. But I'm not a New Ager.

      > And you didn't answer why your post is appropriate for a Steiner
      list. Is there any insight from Steiner or to anthroposophy?

      Again I don't understand your problem with my Manson piece. Why
      does a piece on Charles Manson have to have "insight from Steiner
      or anthroposophy?" Anthroposophy isn't a cult. I have my own
      insights and ideas concerning a whole range of topics, and I don't
      see any conflict between these ideas and anthroposophy. This forum
      is about Anthroposophists like us getting together and exploring each
      other's ideas on things, not regurgitating the past.

      Besides, serial killer hardly existed in Steiner's time, so how am I
      supposed to include Steiner's thoughts on mass murder in my piece?