RE: [steiner] Re: Charles Manson, aka Jesus Christ

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008
      ******* You could think of it as a case study of Lucifer.

      To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      From: tma4cbt@...
      Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 02:47:09 +0000
      Subject: [steiner] Re: Charles Manson, aka Jesus Christ

      John Massengale wrote concerning my Charles Manson piece:

      > Why is this appropriate for a Steiner list?

      Why wouldn't a thoughtful analysis of Charles Manson be off limits to
      spiritual science? I don't get it. Criminology is a passion of mine.
      Should I not post my ideas on this subject, because it makes New Agers
      feel uncomfortable?

      Put your friends on the big screen with Windows Vista® + Windows Live™. Start now!
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008
        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, John Massengale <john@...> wrote:

        > >John Massengale wrote concerning my Charles Manson piece:
        > >
        > >> Why is this appropriate for a Steiner list?
        > >
        > >Why wouldn't a thoughtful analysis of Charles Manson be off limits
        > >spiritual science? I don't get it. Criminology is a passion of
        mine.

        > And dachshunds are a passion of mine, but I don't discuss them here.
        >
        > I didn't say it's off limits. I asked why what you wrote is
        appropriate for a Steiner list.

        > >Should I not post my ideas on this subject, because it makes New
        Agers
        > >feel uncomfortable?
        >
        > Since you frequently write about your disdain for New Agers, that's
        meant as an insult. But I'm not a New Ager.

        > And you didn't answer why your post is appropriate for a Steiner
        list. Is there any insight from Steiner or to anthroposophy?

        Again I don't understand your problem with my Manson piece. Why
        does a piece on Charles Manson have to have "insight from Steiner
        or anthroposophy?" Anthroposophy isn't a cult. I have my own
        insights and ideas concerning a whole range of topics, and I don't
        see any conflict between these ideas and anthroposophy. This forum
        is about Anthroposophists like us getting together and exploring each
        other's ideas on things, not regurgitating the past.

        Besides, serial killer hardly existed in Steiner's time, so how am I
        supposed to include Steiner's thoughts on mass murder in my piece?