Soul-Calendar, Week 40

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2008

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORN from January 5th to February 8th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the SEA-GOAT (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 4 0  *

      Und bin ich in den Geistestiefen,

      Erfüllt in meinen Seelengrunden

      Aus herzens Liebewelten,

      Der Eigenheiten leerer Wahn

      Sich mit dem Weltenwortes Feuerkraft.

      And when I am in the Spirit-Deeps,

      Filled, in my Soul's Ground

      Out of Heart's Love-World,

      Is the selfhood's empty illusion

      With the World-Word's Fire-Strength.

        Last week we felt given over to the revelations coming from our inner Spirit to gain the experiencing of the Light that infuses the outer world, and the power of thinking (which we do with the spirit) gave us the feeling of ourselves as a reality in the world.

        This week, this reality of selfhood, which would otherwise remain an illusion, is made real by the fiery power of the World-Word, through Love.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, January 6th. Moon Capricorn. Epiphany, the Festival of the Appearance of Christ. Day of the 3 Holy Kings. Joan of Arc born 1412. Schliemann born 1822.

      Monday, January 7th. Moon Capricorn. Lucian, the Editor-in-Chief of the Greek Bible text in the 3rd cent. A.D. in Antioch, who had 70 assistants.

      Tuesday, January 8th. Moon Capricorn. New Moon.  Galileo died 1642.

      Wednesday January 9th. Moon Aquarius. Adrian, who brought Christianity to Norway in the 12th century.

      Thursday, January 10th. Moon Aquarius. Linnaeus died 1778.

      Friday, January 11th. Moon Pisces. Friedrich von Schlegel died 1829.

      Saturday, January 12th. Moon Pisces.  Gottschalk, Christian King in the 11th century.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY (Northern Hemisphere):

         MARS rises in the East at sunset, to the north of the stars of Orion the Hunter. It is bright yellowish-red, near the Twins of Gemini.

          Yellowish SATURN rises in the East before midnight, near the Lion, south of the Big Dipper.
          VENUS can be seen as a brilliant 'morning star' in the southeast from about two hours before sunrise on till dawn.

      Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more