Soul-Calendar, Week 39

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2007
      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st to January 4th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 3 9  *

      An Geistesoffenbarung hingegeben

      Gewinne ich des Weltenwesens Licht.

      Gedankenkraft, sie wächst

      Sich klärend mir mich selbst zu geben,

      Und weckend löst sich mir

      Aus Denkermacht das Selbstgefühl.

      'To Spirit-Revealing given over,

      I win the World-Essence's Light.

      Thinking's Strength, it grows

       In clarity myself to give

      And waking loosens for me

      Out of Thinking's Might Self-Feeling.'

      Last week we felt ourselves give birth to a new consciousness that will grow out into the world all the year to come.  This is the height of self-consciousness.

      This week's verse describes how, when we give ourselves over to the revelations coming from our inner Spirit, we gain the experiencing of the Light that infuses the outer world; and the power of thinking (which we do with the spirit) as it grows stronger, gives us the feeling of ourselves as a reality in the world.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, December 30th. Moon Libra. Day of David, King of Israel.

      Monday, December 31st. Moon Libra. Last Quarter.  J. Wycleff died 1384.

      Tuesday, January 1st. Moon Scorpio.  Ulrich Zwingli born 1484.

      Wednesday January 2nd. Moon Scorpio. Adam's Sons Abel and Seth. Melchior, one of the holy 3 Kings. Lavater died 1801.

      Thursday, January 3rd. Moon Scorpio. Caspar, one of the holy 3 Kings. Enoch, Father of Methusalah. Slavery abolished in North America 1865.

      Friday, January 4th. Moon Sagittarius.  Balthasar, one of the holy 3 Kings. Methusalah, died shortly before the Flood, which legend says happened in his 969th  year. Jacob Grimm born 1785. Mos. Mendelssohn died 1786.

      Saturday, January 5th. Moon Sagittarius. 12th Day of Christmas. Francis Drake died 1596.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY (Northern Hemisphere):

         MARS rises in the East at sunset, to the north of the stars of Orion the Hunter. It is bright yellowish-red, at the foot of Castor (one of the Twins of Gemini). These all appear to move in a group from East to West through the night, setting in the West at sunrise.

          Yellowish SATURN rises in the East before midnight, near the Lion's Heart, Regulus, south of the Big Dipper. It's visible all night in the south/southeast, rising to directly South at sunrise.
           Before sunrise, VENUS can be seen as a brilliant 'morning star' in the southeast. The waning crescent moon can be seen near it Friday and Saturday mornings from about two hours before sunrise on till dawn.

      Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Get it now!