Re: [steiner] Re: Pralaya

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2001
      << starmann77@... wrote:

      > << <<RS makes it very clear in the lecture series ANCIENT MYTHS ...that each

      > astronomical cycle of 2160 years is calculated in a straight time line w/o
      any

      > pralayas.

      mrgnsms@... writes:

      For those of you who are unfamiliar with the word pralaya as I was:

      Destruction, Pralaya

      Periodically pralayas (destructions) take place. A destruction comes at the

      end of four thousand yugas on earth. For a hundred years there are no rains

      and there is widespread drought....

      *******Yes, but it's the period AFTER the destruction of a world, the way
      Steiner used it (following Blavatsky in the "Secret Doctrine"). Each world or
      'Day of Brahma' has an active period or Manvantara and then a sleep or night
      period, a Pralaya. It's in "Cosmic Memory", "An Outline of Occult Science",
      and innumerable lectures.