AntiMatters vol 1 no 2 released

  • ujmvjm
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 28, 2007

      AntiMatters  is quarterly open-access online journal published by the Sri Aurobindo International Centre of Education in Pondicherry, India. It addresses issues in science and the humanities from non-materialistic perspectives.

      Second Issue Table of Contents  (with abstracts and item links)

      Second Issue Table of Contents  (with links to abstracts and items)

      Editorial Introduction to the Second Issue

      Editorial Introduction to the First Issue  (The shorter version )

      First Issue Table of Contents  (with links to abstracts and items)

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 29, 2007
        *******Well, I don't have any objection in principle to hearing about Eastern religions, but this is a group for the study of the Western path given out by Rudolf Steiner, and you just joined this group and didn't introduce yourself or anything, just broadcast this notice about a magazine based on Sri Aurobindo.
            If you don't intend to participate in our group, but merely want to use it for ads of whatever kind, you will be removed. I don't join Hindu religion groups to propagandize about the Western path or our magazines.

        To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
        From: ujm@...
        Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 04:43:18 +0000
        Subject: [steiner] AntiMatters vol 1 no 2 released

        AntiMatters  is quarterly open-access online journal published by the Sri Aurobindo International Centre of Education in Pondicherry, India. It addresses issues in science and the humanities from non-materialistic perspectives.

        Second Issue Table of Contents  (with abstracts and item links)

        Second Issue Table of Contents  (with links to abstracts and items)

        Editorial Introduction to the Second Issue

        Editorial Introduction to the First Issue  (The shorter version )

        First Issue Table of Contents  (with links to abstracts and items)

        You keep typing, we keep giving. Download Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. Join in!
      • ujmvjm
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 29, 2007
          Starman sent me this email:
          Well, I don't have any objection in principle to hearing about Easternreligions, but this is a group for the study of the Western path givenout by Rudolf Steiner, and you just joined this group and didn'tintroduce yourself or anything, just broadcast this notice about amagazine based on Sri Aurobindo.   If you don't intend to participate in our group, but merely want touse it for ads of whatever kind, you will be removed. I don't joinHindu religion groups to propagandize about the Western path or ourmagazines.
          Here is my reply:
          1. Sorry for not introducing myself. I studied physics at the University of Göttingen, Germany, and at theIndian Institute of Science in Bangalore, India. I received The Mother's personal Darshan in 1972, during a two-year stint at the Sri Aurobindo International Centre of Education(SAICE) in Pondicherry, where I studied Indian philosophy andparticularly the works of Sri Aurobindo. In 1977 I settled inPondicherry and during the last six years have been teaching aphilosophically oriented course of contemporary physics at the SAICE. Ihave published numerous papers in academic journals of physics,philosophy of science, and consciousness studies, and have given talksat conferences on quantum physics and on Indian psychology. My primeareas of research are the foundations of contemporary physics, itsontological implications, the mystery of consciousness, the place ofphysics in the context of a larger reality, and the nature of thislarger reality. Recently I have become the managing editor of AntiMatters,an open-access online journal published by the SAICE, which addressesissues in science and the humanities from non-materialisticperspectives.
          2. It is not correct that AntiMatters is based on Sri Aurobindo. For one thing, there is no reference to Sri Aurobindo in the journal's Focus and Scope. For another, if you take the time to go through the Contents of its (so far) two issues, you will find that the majority of contributions are far from being based on Sri Aurobindo. The only requirement from contributors to the journal is a non-materialistic approach to an issue in science or in the humanities.
          3. The editors of AntiMatters are not a religious group, nor a Hindu group, nor a Hindu religious group. Considering Steiner's dissociation from the theosophical society, and considering that the headquarters of that society were based in Chennai (formerly Madras),  I can understand a certain antipathy to Indian traditions, even though theosophy is at best a mockery of Indian philosophy and spirituality.
          4. Both my cousin and her husband were teachers (now retired) in a Waldorf School in Germany, and are still very actively involved in several anthroposophical projects. (He actually spends a lot of time in Dornach.) I owe most of my knowledge of Steiner to them, and they keep telling me that there is a high regard for Sri Aurobindo in anthroposophical circles.
          5. I may not easily find time, and also may not be qualified, to actively engage in Steiner-related discussions, but one of my reasons for joining this group was to learn about Steiner-inspired research and to identify potential contributors to AntiMatters.
          Best regards to all - Ulrich Mohrhoff

        • happypick2000
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 30, 2007
            Dear Ulrich and Friends,

            Welcome on board, Ulrich - I wonder if you joined us early enough to
            have received Dr. Starman's posting of Goethe's "The Green Snake and
            The Beautiful Lily", but if not, it's easily found among the recent
            messages. With your background in science [mine is also in science] I
            really believe you'll gain very much from the list's
            study-as-we're-able of this incredible work of Goethe's to be followed
            by Steiner's "The Portal of Initiation" as a further study, but then
            that concept applies to everything of Steiner's. I wonder if you're
            aware of the Steiner e-lib [I believe the URL is
            http://www.steiner.e-lib.org, but is mentioned in various postings]
            where we gain so very many of Steiner's lectures as free downloads.
            Not to worry, though, since time and study will allow many of
            Steiner's works to bring insightful discoveries and we're very glad to
            have you as a new friend.

            Blessings,
            Sheila

            <http://71.18.123.59/ojs-2.1.1/index.php/antimatters/about/editorialPoli\

            <http://71.18.123.59/ojs-2.1.1/index.php/antimatters/about/editorialTeam\

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007
              Hello Sheila,

              Your link to the Steiner e-lib doesn't seem to work, but a little googling yielded these links:
              • http://www.elib.com/
              • http://www.rsarchive.org/
              Very useful. Thanks for making me search! Thanks also for pointing me to Goethe's "The Green Snake and The Beautiful Lily." After tagging it, I googled for the German original (since I'm German by birth and passport), which can be found here:
              • http://www.dreigliederung.de/gliederung/goethesmaerchen.html
              • http://www.fln.vcu.edu//goethe/maerchen.html
              • http://www.digbib.org/Johann_Wolfgang_von_Goethe_1749/Das_Maerchen
              Best wishes - Ulrich

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007
                Danke Ulrich,
                   Thank you for introducing yourself to our group and welcome.
                -starman
                www.DrStarman.com

                To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
                From: ujm@...
                Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 05:26:33 +0000
                Subject: [steiner] Re: AntiMatters vol 1 no 2 released

                Starman sent me this email:
[...]

                Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate. Join in!