Christmas Reading Material

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2007

      Here's two ideas on what we could read for Christmas.

      The Portal of Initiation

      --Or--

      The Five Christmas Lectures

      The Christmas Lectures would be more appropriate, perhaps.  But I'm open to either.

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 17, 2007
        *******Well, it doesn't have to be anything about Christmas itself. The 12 Holy Nights are a time when the spirit-worlds draw close to us here alive on earth. So it's a tradition among anthroposophists to take some work and study it intensively in those 12 Nights. In farming communities it might be about bio-dynamic agriculture or about the archetypal plant, or astrosophy.

           We have hundreds of anthroposophists here from all over the world. What would you like to know more about?

        To: steiner@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19, 2007

          Maybe a reading of The Portal of Initiation was a bad choice on my part.   The play resembles a Wagnerian libretto (without the music).  What few active group members we have (like 5 people?) would grow disinterested.  Our home page says 229 members belong.  But I would say that maybe, at the most, 10 or 12 people regularly visit our group, and less than half this number post anything in a year's time.

          Might I suggest SchurĂ©'s Sacred Drama of Eleusis, instead?

          > *******Well, it doesn't have to be anything about Christmas itself. The 12 Holy Nights are a time when the spirit-worlds draw close to us here alive on earth. So it's a tradition among anthroposophists to take some work and study it intensively in those 12 Nights. In farming communities it might be about bio-dynamic agriculture or about the archetypal plant, or astrosophy.
          >
          > We have hundreds of anthroposophists here from all over the world. What would you like to know more about?
          > Starmanwww.DrStarman.com
          >

          > To: steiner@...: tma4cbt@...: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 17:23:41 +0000Subject: [steiner] Christmas Reading Material
          >

          > Here's two ideas on what we could read for Christmas.
          >
          > The Portal of Initiation
          >
          > --Or--
          >
          > The Five Christmas Lectures
          >

          > The Christmas Lectures would be more appropriate, perhaps. But I'm open to either.

          > Share life as it happens with the new Windows Live.Download today it's FREE!
          > http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Wave2_sharelife_112007

        • carynlouise24
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 20, 2007
            How are you all in this fine kingdom? Been travelling a bit and here
            it is nearly Christmas. Good suggestions for Christmas reading Matthew!

            Technizismen and Christ ?