Soul-Calendar, Week 32 after Easter

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 11, 2007

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from Nov. 10th to 30th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

      *  M A N T R A  # 3 2  *

      Ich fühle fruchtend eigne Kraft
      Sich st
      ärkend
      mich der Welt verleihn;
      Mein Eigenwesen fühl ich kraftend
      Zur Klarheit sich zu wenden
      Im Lebensschicksalsweben.

      I feel my Power bearing fruit
      Strengthening me, the World to lend;
      My Ego-Essence I feel forcefully
      Wending its way to Clarity
      In Life-Destiny-Weaving.

           About this week's mantra:

          The season of Autumn is the 'Michaelmas' time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
      (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

          Last week, we felt how the spiritual 'light' of thinking sought to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating sense-existence, and thus started to turn the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces.

          This week's verse describes how these will-forces are now strong enough for the outer world to connect with us (it is 'lent' to us), so that we gain clear insight into the Destiny (karma) events in our lives.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, November 11th. Moon Sagittarius. St. Martin's Day.

      Monday, November 12th. Moon Sagittarius. 1869 Maler Fr. Overbeck died.

      Tuesday, November 13th. Moon Capricorn. Moon Nicholas I (was in the 9th century as Pope defender of celibacy for priests).

      Wednesday November 14th. Moon Capricorn. 1716 the Philosopher Leibnitz died. 1825 Jean Paul died. 1831 Hegel died.

      Thursday, November 15th. Moon Aquarius. Albertus Magnus (the great scholar and researcher of the 13th century, Teacher of Thomas Aquinas). 1630 Astronomer Kepler died. 1738 Astronomer Herschel born. 1741 Lavater born.

      Friday, November 16th. Moon Aquarius. Edmund (King of England).

      Saturday, November 17th. Moon Aquarius. First Quarter.  1875 Blavatsky founded the Theosophical Society.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY:

        Bright JUPITER is in the southwest at sunset. The crescent moon passes close by it Sunday and Monday nights.
         The planet MARS rises in the East before midnight, to the left of the stars of Orion the Hunter. It is bright yellowish-red, at its greatest brilliancy as it reaches opposition to the Sun over the next few months. During this time it will appear to stay in the same area of stars, as it does its 'retrograde loop': it will be back where it is right now, next to the stars at the foot of Castor (one of the Twins of Gemini) at the winter solstice, and there again at the vernal equinox. Mars will rise about an hour earlier each month, so it will be visible in the evening sky all winter.
         Just before sunrise, VENUS can be seen as a brilliant 'morning star' in the East; dimmer, yellowish SATURN is to the right of it. Both are beneath the Lion's Heart, Regulus.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 15, 2009
      • 1 Attachment
      • 57 KB

      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
         Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from November 10th to 30th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 3 2  *

      Ich fühle fruchtend eigne Kraft
      Sich st
      ärkend mich der Welt verleihn;

      Mein Eigenwesen fühle ich kraftend

      Zur Klarheit sich zu wenden

      Im Lebensschicksalsweben.

      I feel my Power bearing fruit
      Strengthening me, the World to lend;
      My Ego-Essence I feel forcefully
      Wending its way to Clarity
      In Life-Destiny-Weaving.

         The season of Autumn is the time in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

         Last week, we felt how the spiritual "light" of thinking sought to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating sense-existence, and thus started to turn the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces.

         This week's verse describes how these will-forces are now strong enough for the outer world to
      connect with us (it is 'lent' to us), so that we gain clear insight into the Destiny (karma) events in our lives.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, November 15th. Moon Scorpio. Albertus Magnus (the great scholar and researcher of the 13th century, Teacher of Thomas Aquinas). 1630 Astronomer Kepler died. 1738 Astronomer Herschel born. 1741 Lavater born.

      Monday,  November 16th. Moon Scorpio. New Moon. Edmund (King of England).

      Tuesday,  November 17th. Moon Sagittarius. 1875 Blavatsky founded the Theosophical Society.

      Wednesday,  November 18th. Moon Sagittarius. 1789 Daguerre, the inventor of photography, born.

      .

      Thursday,  November 19th. Moon Capricorn. Zacharius.

       .

      Friday,   November 20th. Moon Capricorn. Amos (the Prophet). 1497 Vasco de Gama circumnavigated the Cape of Good Hope. 1910 Tolstoy died.

      Saturday,   November 21st . Moon Aquarius. 1694 Voltaire born.

                                 ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *

      PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southwestern sky from sunset till midnight, still ruling the night sky. The crescent moon will appear close to it Saturday night.

      Message 3 of 5 , Nov 27, 2011
      • 1 Attachment
      • 57 KB
      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

          Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the 1st mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

              THE ZODIAC IMAGE

          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIUS from Nov. 10th through 30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 32  *

      Ich fühle fruchtend eigne Kraft
      Sich stärkend mich der Welt verleihn;
      Mein Eigenwesen fühl ich kraftend
      Zur Klarheit sich zu wenden
      Im Lebensschicksalsweben.

      I feel my Power bearing fruit
      Strengthening me, the World to lend;
      My Ego-Essence I feel forcefully
      Wending its way to Clarity
      In Life-Destiny-Weaving.

           The season of Autumn is the "Michaelmas" time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

          Last week in this ongoing process, we felt how the spiritual light of thinking sought to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating sense-existence, and thus started to turn the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces.

         This week's verse describes how these will-forces are now strong enough for the outer world to connect with us so that we gain clear insight into the Destiny (karma) events in our lives.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, November 27th . Moon  Capricorn1701 Celsius born.

       Monday,  November 28th. Moon Aquarius.   Feast day of Noah.

       Tuesday, N
      ovember 29th. Moon Aquarius.
        Alexander.

      .Wednesday,
       November 30th. Moon Aquarius.    1756 The Physicist Chladni born.

      Thursday,
       December 1st. Moon Pisces.    Longinus.

      Friday,  December 2nd. Moon Pisces. First Quarter.  Cortez died 1547.

      Saturday,
       December 3rd. Moon Aries.   St. Francis Xavier.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

          "Evening star" Venus can be seen low in the southwest at sunset. Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southeastern sky from sunset till shortly before dawn.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

      "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars rises shortly after midnight and is visible directly south at sunrise.

      FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 6th mantra today.

      Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2013

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from October 13th through November 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, violet, is attached to this e-mail.

                                            * MANTRA # 32  *

          *  M A N T R A  # 3 2  *

        Ich fühle fruchtend eigne Kraft
        Sich st
        ärkend mich der Welt verleihn;
        Mein Eigenwesen fühl ich kraftend
        Zur Klarheit sich zu wenden
        Im Lebensschicksalsweben.

        I feel my Power bearing fruit
        Strengthening me, the World to lend;
        My Ego-Essence I feel forcefully
        Wending its way to Clarity
        In Life-Destiny's Weaving.

             The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
        develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

            Last week, we felt how the spiritual light of thinking sought to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating sense-existence, and thus started to turn the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces.

           This week's verse describes how these will-forces are now strong enough for the outer world to connect with us (it is 'lent' to us), so that we gain clear insight into the Destiny (karma) events in our lives.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, November 3rd. Moon Scorpio. New Moon. Malachi (the Prophet).

        Monday, November 4th. Moon Sagittarius. 1493 Columbus landed in Guadaloupe.

        Tuesday, November 5th. Moon Sagittarius. 1494 Hans Sachs born.

        Wednesday,  November 6th. Moon Capricorn1771  Senefelder, the inventor of Lithography, born.

        Thursday, November 7th. Moon Capricorn 1775 Goethe entered into Weimar.

        Friday  November 8th. Moon Aquarius.  1674 Milton died.

        Saturday,  November 9th. Moon Aquarius.  Day of Remembrance of 40 Martyrs, who because they refused to participate in a Feast to pagan gods, were murdered by the Langobards.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

           Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset. The crescent moon will pass close to it Tuesday and Wednesday nights.