Soul-Calendar, Week 31 after Easter

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the SCALES (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 3 1  *

      Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,

      Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:

      Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft

      Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,

      Um Kräfte zu entbinden,

      Die Schaffensmächte aus Seelentrieben

      In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

      The Light out of Spirit-Deeps

      Strives outwards like the Sun:

      It turns into Life-Will-Force

      And shines into the Senses' Dullness,

      The Powers to unbind,

      That Shaping-Might out of Soul-Drives

      In Man's Work will let ripen.

           This week's mantra:

          The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousne ss instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousne ss we had all Summer.

          Last week, we felt this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakened fully.

          This week, the verse focuses our attention on the spiritual light of thinking and how it seeks to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating the otherwise dull sense-existence, and thus turning the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, November 5th. Moon Virgo. 1494 Hans Sachs born.

      Monday, November 6th. Moon Virgo. 1771 Senefelder, the inventor of Lithography, born.

      Tuesday, November 7th. Moon Libra. 1775 Goethe entered into Weimar.

      Wednesday November 8th. Moon Libra. 1674 Milton died.

      Thursday, November 9th. Moon Scorpio. New Moon. Day of Remembrance of 40 Martyrs, who because they refused to participate in a Feast to pagan gods, were murdered by the Langobards.

      Friday, November 10th. Moon Scorpio. 1483 Luther born. 1759 Schiller born.

      Saturday, November 11th. Moon Sagittarius.  St. Martin's Day.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY:

        Bright JUPITER is in the southwest at sunset.
         The planet MARS rises in the East before midnight, to the left of the stars of Orion the Hunter. It is bright yellowish-red, at its greatest brilliancy as it reaches opposition to the Sun over the next few months. During this time it will appear to stay in the same area of stars, as it does its 'retrograde loop': it will be back where it is right now, next to the stars at the foot of Castor (one of the Twins of Gemini) at the winter solstice, and there again at the vernal equinox. Mars will rise about an hour earlier each month, so it will be visible in the evening sky all winter.
         Just before sunrise, VENUS can be seen as a brilliant 'morning star' in the East; dimmer, yellowish SATURN is to the right of it. Both are beneath the Lion's Heart, Regulus. The waning moon may be seen close to both before sunrise on Monday and Tuesday mornings.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 19 6:36 PM

        The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner
        gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

[...]

        .

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, October 19th. Moon Cancer.

           Ptolemäus.
        Monday, October 20th. Moon Cancer.
           Arthur.
        Tuesday, October 21st. Moon Leo. Last Quarter.

          Ursula (dignitary with 11,000 maidens imprisoned and executed by the Huns).
        Wednesday, October 22nd. Moon Leo.

           1811 Franz Liszt born.
        Thursday, October 23rd. Moon Virgo.

            Ignatius.

        Friday, October 24th. Moon Virgo.

          Raphael (the Archangel).
        Saturday, October 25th. Moon Libra.

           1806 Max Stirner born.

        PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

           JUPITER is the bright white 'star' in the southwest at sunset. To its right in the southern sky may be seen brilliant Venus, the 'evening star' above the setting sun. These are the 2 brightest things in the sky after sun and moon. Venus will get closer and closer to Jupiter every night through late November when they will be conjunct.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 8, 2009

        The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
           Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from November 10th to 30th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

         *  M A N T R A  # 3 1  *

        Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,

        Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:

        Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft

        Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,

        Um Kräfte zu entbinden,

        Die Schaffensmächte aus Seelentrieben

        In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

        The Light out of Spirit-Depths

        Strives outwards like the Sun:

        It turns into Life-Will-Forces

        And shines into the Senses' Dullness,

        Powers to unbind,

        So that Shaping-Might out of Soul's Drives

        In Man's Work will let ripen.

              Autumn is the time in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

            Last week, we felt this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakened fully in our inner selves.

             This week, the verse focuses our attention on the spiritual light of thinking and how it seeks to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living, and illuminating the otherwise dull sense-existence--- thus turning the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces in the future.

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, November 8th. Moon Leo. 1674 Milton died.

        Monday,  November 9th. Moon Leo. Last Quarter. Day of Remembrance of 40 Martyrs, who because they refused to participate in a Feast to pagan gods, were murdered by the Langobards.

        Tuesday,  November 10th. Moon Virgo. 1483 Luther born. 1759 Schiller born.

        Wednesday,  November 11th. Moon Virgo. St. Martin's Day.

        .

        Thursday,  November 12th. Moon Libra. 1869 Maler Fr. Overbeck died.

         .

        Friday,   November 13th. Moon Libra. Nicholas I (was in the 9th century as Pope defender of celibacy for priests).

        Saturday,   November 14th. Moon Scorpio.   1716 the Philosopher Leibnitz died. 1825 Jean Paul died. 1831 Hegel died.

                                   ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *

        PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till midnight, ruling the night sky.

        Message 4 of 6 , Nov 20, 2011
        The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

            Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the 1st mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

        The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                THE ZODIAC IMAGE

            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIUS from Nov. 10th through 30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

         *  M A N T R A  # 31  *

        Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,

        Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:

        Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft

        Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,

        Um Kräfte zu entbinden,

        Die Schaffensmächte aus Seelentrieben

        In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

        The Light out of Spirit-Depths

        Strives outwards like the Sun:

        It turns into Life-Will-Force

        And shines into the Senses' Dullness,

        Power to release,

        That Shaping-Might, out of Soul-Drives,

        In Man's Work will let ripen.

            The season of Autumn is the "Michaelmas" time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

            Last week in this process, we felt this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakened fully.

           This week, the verse focuses our attention on the spiritual light of thinking and how it seeks to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating the otherwise dull sense-existence, and thus turning the blind urges of the soul into creative, shaping forces.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, November 20th . Moon Libra.  Amos (the Prophet). 1497 Vasco de Gama circumnavigated the Cape of Good Hope. 1910 Tolstoy died.

         Monday,  November 21st. Moon Libra.  Festival of the Offering of Mary.

         Tuesday, N
        ovember 22nd. Moon Scorpio.
         1694 Voltaire born.

        .Wednesday,
         November 23rd. Moon Scorpio.   Clemens (the companion of Paul).

        Thursday,
         November 24th. Moon Sagittarius.  1632 Spinoza born.

        Friday,  November 25th. Moon Sagittarius. New Moon.   1814 the Physicist J. R. Mayer born.

        Saturday,
         November 26th. Moon Capricorn. . Alexander.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

            "Evening star" Venus can be seen low in the southwest at sunset. Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southeastern sky from sunset till shortly before dawn.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

        "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars rises shortly after midnight and is visible directly south at sunrise.

        FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 5th mantra today.