Soul-Calendar, Week 30 after Easter

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 28, 2007

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the SCALES (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

      *  M A N T R A  # 3 0  *

       Es spriessen mir im Seelensonnenlicht

      Des Denkens reife Früchte

      In Selbstbewusstseins Sicherheit

      Verwandelt alles Fühlen sich.

      Empfinden kann ich freudevoll

      Des Herbstes Geisterwachen:

      Der Winter wird in mir

      Den Seelensommer wecken.

      There sprouts in Soul-Sun-Light

      The ripening Fruits of Thinking

      Into Self-Consciousness' certainty

      Transforming all Feelings.

      I can perceive joyously

      The Autumn's Spirit-Watch:

      The Winter becomes in me

      The Soul-Summer's awakening.

           This week's mantra:

          The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer. Last week, we felt a growing power of Thinking as the gift of our Summer experience, making sense out of all that seemed senseless, giving us a feeling of a rest and an expectation of good in the coming Winter. This week, we feel this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakens fully.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, October 28th. Moon Gemini. Simeon and Judas (relatives of Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

      Monday, October 29th. Moon Cancer.   Narcissus.

      Tuesday, October 30th. Moon Cancer. Claudius.

      Wednesday October 31st. Moon Cancer. Last Quarter. Wolfgang.

      Thursday, November 1st. Moon Leo. Catholic Festival of All Hallows ((became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship that was used in the Pantheon in Rome for all the heathen Gods. The Pantheon was given to Pope Boniface IV by Caesar Photius and consecrated to all the Holies.)

      Friday, November 2nd. Moon Leo. Festival of All Souls (since 1020 as a Catholic Festival established).

      Saturday, November 3rd. Moon Virgo. Malachi (the Prophet).

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY:

        Bright JUPITER is in the southwest at sunset, above brilliant red Antares, the Heart of the Scorpion. Both will vanish into the setting sun in a week or two.
         The planet MARS rises in the East before midnight, to the left of the stars of Orion the Hunter. It is bright yellowish-red, at its greatest brilliancy as it reaches opposition to the Sun over the next few months. During this time it will appear to stay in the same area of stars, as it does its 'retrograde loop': it will be back where it is right now, next to the stars at the foot of Castor (one of the Twins of Gemini) at the winter solstice, and there again at the vernal equinox. Mars will rise about an hour earlier each month, so it will be visible in the evening sky all winter.
          The moon, past full, will be seen close to Mars Sunday and Monday nights.
         Just before sunrise, VENUS can be seen as a brilliant 'morning star' in the East; dimmer, yellowish SATURN is to the right of it. Both are beneath the Lion's Heart, Regulus.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 12, 2008

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner
        gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

[...]

        The Soul-Summer's wakening.

            The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

             Last week, we felt a growing power of Thinking as the gift of our Summer experience, making sense out of all that seemed senseless, giving us a feeling of a rest and an expectation of good in the coming Winter.

             This week, we feel this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakens fully.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday, October 12th. Moon Pisces. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).

        Monday, October 13th. Moon Aries.   Angelus.

        Tuesday, October 14th. Moon Aries. Full Moon. Callistus.

        Wednesday, October 15th. Moon Taurus. 1844 Friedrich Nietzche born.

        Thursday, October 16th. Moon Taurus. Gallus (the appointer of the cloisters of St. Gallen).

        Friday, October 17th. Moon Gemini. Hilarius.

        Saturday, October 18th. Moon Gemini.  Luke (the Evangelist).

        PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

           JUPITER is the bright white 'star' in the southwest at sunset dominating the night sky. To its right in the southern sky may still be seen the bright red star Anatres, the Heart of the Scorpion. To the right of that, brilliant Venus is just beginning to make its appearance as an 'evening star' above the setting sun.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
        • 1 Attachment
        • 460 KB
        The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
           Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from October 13th to November 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, indigo) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

                      ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

[...]

        Sunday, November 1st. Moon Taurus. Catholic Festival of All Hallows ((became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship that was used in the Pantheon in Rome for all the heathen Gods. The Pantheon was given to Pope Boniface IV by Caesar Photius and consecrated to all the Holies.)

        Monday,  November 2nd. Moon Taurus. Full Moon.  Festival of All Souls (since 1020 as a Catholic Festival established).

        Tuesday,  November 3rd. Moon Gemini. Malachi (the Prophet).

        Wednesday,  November 4th. Moon Gemini. 1493 Columbus landed in Guadaloupe.

        .

        Thursday,  November 5th. Moon Gemini. 1494 Hans Sachs born.

         .

        Friday,   November 6th. Moon Cancer. 1771 Senefelder, the inventor of Lithography, born.

        Saturday,   November 7th. Moon Cancer.  1775 Goethe entered into Weimar.

                                   ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *

        PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky.

        Message 4 of 6 , Oct 24, 2010
        • 1 Attachment
        • 20 KB
             The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                               ****** *
                    THE ZODIAC IMAGE
           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, VIOLET, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

        Sunday, October 24th. Moon Taurus. Raphael (the Archangel).

        Monday,  October 25th.  Moon Gemini. 1806 Max Stirner born.

        Tuesday,  October 26th. Moon Gemini. Thaddeus (found in Matthew's Gospel).

        Wednesday,   October 27thMoon Cancer. Sabina.

        Thursday,   October 28thMoon Cancer. Simeon and Judas (relatives of Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

        Friday,    October 29th. Moon Leo. Narcissus.

        Saturday,    October 30th. Moon Leo. Last Quarter.  Claudius.

        ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
        Brilliant JUPITER is high in the southeast at sunset and may be seen in the southern sky all night long.

        Message 5 of 6 , Oct 28, 2012
        • 1 Attachment
        • 20 KB

            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from October 13th through  Nov. 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Violet, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

           This week, we feel this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our dream-like summer soul-experience awakens fully.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

        Sunday,  October 28th. Moon AriesNarcissus.

        Monday,   October 29th. Moon Taurus. Full Moon.  Claudius.

        Tuesday,  October 30th. Moon Taurus. Wolfgang.

        Wednesday,  October 31st. Moon Gemini.   Catholic Festival of All Hallows became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship that was used in the Pantheon in Rome for all the heathen Gods. The Pantheon was given to Pope Boniface IV by Caesar Photius and consecrated to all the Holies.

        Thursday,  November 1st. Moon Gemini.  Festival of All Souls (since 1020 as a Catholic Festival established).

        Friday
          November 2nd. Moon Gemini. Simeon and Judas (relatives of Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

        Saturday,
         November 3rd. Moon CancerMalachi (the Prophet).

        ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:
          Mars can still be seen near the bright red star Antares, heart of the Scorpion, very low in the southwest at sunset, except from high latitudes.  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the northeast that rises about 10 P.M.; the moon will be seen very close to it Thursday night, and in fact will "occult" or cover it shortly before its rising in the US.