Soul-Calendar, Week 28

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2007

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the SCALES (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 8  *

      Ich kann in Innern neu belebt

      Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten

      Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen

      Aus Seelensonnenmacht

      Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,

      Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,

      Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

      I can in Inner newly enlivened

      Feel my own Essence widen

      And power-filled Thinking-rays

      Out of Soul's Sun-Might

      To Life-Riddles loosening giving,

      Lending fulfillment to many Wishes

      The Hope for had had its wings lamed.

      This week's mantram:

         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer. This developing self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the Autumn. This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its isolation within self into the wide world, and newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life --- which in turn leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

      Sunday, October 14th. Moon Sagittarius.  Callistus.

      Monday, October 15th. Moon Sagittarius. 1844 Friedrich Nietzche born.

      Tuesday, October 16th. Moon Capricorn. First Quarter. Gallus (the appointer of the cloisters of St. Gallen).

      Wednesday October 17th. Moon Capricorn.  Hilarius.

      Thursday, October 18th. Moon Aquarius.   Luke (the Evangelist).

      Friday, October 19th. Moon Aquarius. Ptolemäus.

      Saturday, October 20th. Moon Pisces.   Arthur.

        Bright JUPITER is in the southwest at sunset, above brilliant red Antares, the Heart of the Scorpion. The first crescent of the moon will appear near both Monday & Tuesday nights.
         The planet MARS rises in the East about midnight, to the left of the stars of Orion the Hunter.
         Just before sunrise, VENUS can be seen as a brilliant morning star in the East; dimmer, yellowish SATURN is close to it. Both are beneath the Lion's Heart, Regulus.

      Dr. Starman

      Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by today!