I Stumbled Across Samuel Aun Weor

  • christopherraymond_bio
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2007
      Good morning everyone,

      While doing some research yesterday, I stumbled across Samuel Aun Weor.
      His teachings appear to have been influenced by Gurdjieff. Here is
      what Wikipedia says about Samuel:

      "As Samuel has historically been synonymous with both a demonic
      connotation, such as "Blind God," as well as an Angel, he stated that
      in previous incarnations he was a "fallen Bodhisattva" or a fallen
      angel, who has since repented. He also notes that although he, the
      human being, had fallen into degeneration, the inner Being never falls."

      A forum can be found: http://www.gnosticteachings.org/forum/index.php?

      Anyone know, or heard of this person before?
      Chris
    • happypick2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2007
        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "christopherraymond_bio"
        <christopherraymond_bio@...> wrote:

        > Good morning everyone,
        >
        > While doing some research yesterday, I stumbled across Samuel Aun
        Weor.
        > His teachings appear to have been influenced by Gurdjieff. Here is
        > what Wikipedia says about Samuel:
        >
        > "As Samuel has historically been synonymous with both a demonic
        > connotation, such as "Blind God," as well as an Angel, he stated that
        > in previous incarnations he was a "fallen Bodhisattva" or a fallen
        > angel, who has since repented. He also notes that although he, the
        > human being, had fallen into degeneration, the inner Being never falls."
        >
        > A forum can be found: http://www.gnosticteachings.org/forum/index.php?
        >
        > Anyone know, or heard of this person before?
        > Chris

        Hi, Chris,

        This is an extremely fascinating puzzle! To the best of my knowledge
        I don't recall ever having heard of "Samuel Aun Weor" and it might be
        helpful to all of us if you feel able to cite the original source of
        your above quote. As far as Gurdjieff is concerned, so far I've been
        unable to find any real validity for the many claims I've encountered
        here and there regarding this individuality but I certainly don't know
        everything. As you no doubt know, one of the Archangels is named
        Samuel but the quote doesn't seem to indicate this is the same Samuel
        the writer indicated?
        Hopefully more knowledgeable souls than I shall have an answer to
        this puzzle - you have piqued my curiousity!

        Cheers,

        HappyPick