Soul-Calendar, Week 27

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2007

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through Oct. 12th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 2 7  *

      In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:

      Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,

      Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,

      Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim

      In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt

      Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

      In my essence's deeps is a force:

      It excites a premonition-filled yearning

      That I in my self-contemplation find

      As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed

      In Autumn's approach warming lives

      As my Soul's Power-Drive.

      This week's mantra:

         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousne ss instead of the Nature(outer) -consciousness we have in summer.

      Two weeks ago this developing self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone; last week this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in Summer, we carried into our own Wills & this gave 'backbone' to the drives of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling. This is the solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year.

        This week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful force lives in the soul's drives which we must sense as a seed of future development as we press on into the Autumn.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, October 7th. Moon Virgo.  Serapius.

      Monday, October 8th. Moon Virgo. Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502 Founding of the University of Wittenberg.

      Tuesday, October 9th. Moon Libra. Dionysius (he who conducted the counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).

      Wednesday October 10th. Moon Libra. Gideon.

      Thursday, October 11th. Moon Libra. New Moon. 1531 Zwingli died.

      Friday, October 12th. Moon Scorpio. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).

      Saturday, October 13th. Moon Scorpio.   Angelus.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY:

        Bright JUPITER is in the southwest at sunset, above brilliant red Antares, the Heart of the Scorpion. The first crescent of the 'new' moon will appear near it Saturday night the 13th.
         The planet MARS rises in the East about midnight, to the left of the stars of Orion the Hunter.
         Just before sunrise, VENUS can be seen as a brilliant morning star in the East; dimmer, yellowish SATURN is below and to the left of it.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman. com