Soul-Calendar, 25th Week

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2007
      Sorry to be late with this week's Calendar. -starman

      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets in the night sky as well.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through Oct. 12th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 5  *

      Ich darf nun mir gehören

      Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht

      In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.

      Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,

      Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen

      Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten

      In kalte Winterfluten.

      I now must belong only to myself

      And lightening, spread Inner Light

      Into Space and Time darkness.

      As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,

      The Souls's Deeps shall awaken

      And waking, carry the Sun's Glow

      Into the cold Winter-flowing.

      This week's mantra:

         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature(outer)-consciousness we have in summer. Last week in the soul, there was an intense becoming aware of itself which reached down into the dark soul-contents, and through this the Will was unleashed. This week, this developing self-consciousness places us in a state where it is necessary to be completely alone, so that the Light which is only within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is the solar essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday, September 23rd. Moon Aquarius.  63 B.C. Augustus born.

      Monday, September 24th. Moon Pisces. 1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner born.

      Tuesday, September 25th. Moon Pisces. Cleophas (he who was a leader in the Gospels).

      Wednesday September 26th. Moon Aries. Full Moon.  Justina, who converted the Cyprian Magicians.  Justinianus I, the founder of numerous Churches.

      Thursday, September 27th. Moon Aries. Cosmas and Damian, famous medical

                  benefactors of the 3rd Century. 1825 Opening of the first railway.

      Friday, September 28th. Moon Taurus. 1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.

      Saturday, September 29th. Moon Taurus.  Michael (the Archangel).

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

      Bright JUPITER is in the southwest at sunset, above brilliant red Antares, the Heart of the Scorpion.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman. com [web site down for remodeling]

      More photos; more messages; more whatever – Get MORE with Windows Live™ Hotmail®. NOW with 5GB storage. Get more!

      Can you find the hidden words?  Take a break and play Seekadoo! Play now!