find the Steiner-said?

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2007
      To All:

      In his essay "The Global Social Situation at
      the end of the 20th Century" Jesaiah Ben-Aharon
      speaks of

      ". . . an important spiritual law that governs the natural
      spiritual decline in the vitality and fertility of any spiritual
      inheritance in the physical world.

      "This law works in such a way that a spiritual impulse on the
      physical plancan only maintain its- already declining- inner
      vitality only in the course of three generations. After three
      times 33- a century- the physical ability to transmit a
      spiritual impulse ceases entirely. Then any spiritual movement
      stands at a crossroads: It has only two possibilities before it.
      Either it becomes purely traditional, carrying forward things
      past in an old and hence increasingly irrelevant form, or is
      able to breakthrough to the at present living supersensible
      sources out of which its inspiration came in the first place."

      Unhappily, JBA doesn't give his source for this
      "important spiritual law". He doesn't say whether
      he got it from Steiner, from some other occultist,
      or whether he is speaking on his own authority as
      a public Teacher of occultism. I do seem to have
      a vague memory that I read something *similar*
      to this alleged "law" somewhere in a Steiner text;
      not quite the same, but similar. But, after
      searching, I haven't found the relevant passage
      from Steiner.

      Did I dream it? False Memory Syndrome? Could
      anyone point me toward the relevant Steiner-said,
      if it does exist?

      Robert Mason

      http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html