Soul-Calendar, Week 23

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2007

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets in the night sky as well.

      ************ ********* ********* ********* ****
      THE ZODIAC IMAGE
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through Oct. 12th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 2 3  *

      Es dämpfet herbstlich sich

      Der Sinne Reizesstreben;

      In Lichtesoffenbarung mischen

      Der Nebel dumpfe Schleier sich.

      Ich selber schau in Raumesweiten

      Des Herbstes Winterschlaf.

      Der Sommer hat an mich

      Sich selber hingegeben.

      There is muffled Autumnally

      The Senses' streaming Charms;

      In Light-Revealings is mingled

      The Fog's musty Veil.

      I myself can see in Space-Widenesses

      The Autumn's Winter-Sleep.

      The Summer has to me

      Its own self given over.

      This week's mantra:

         This week's verse is the first appearance of Autumn dulling the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been gained from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday September 9th. Moon Virgo. 1828 Tolstoy born.

      Monday,September 10th. Moon Virgo. Sosthenus (by Paul made a leader).

      Tuesday, September 11th. Moon Virgo. New Moon. Abraham (Race-father of the Old Hebrew People).

      Wednesday September 12th. Moon Libra. Tobias.

      Thursday, September 13th. Moon Libra. 1872 the Philosopher Ludwig  Feuerbach died.

      Friday, September 14th. Moon Scorpio. Festival of the High Cross. Heraclius, brought in 629 the Cross of Christ to Constantinople. 1769 Alexander von Humboldt born. 1887 The Philosopher Freidrich Theodore Vischer died.

      Saturday, September 15th. Moon Scorpio. Nicodemus (who in John's Gospel was made a leader).

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

      Bright JUPITER rules the night sky; it's in the southwest at sunset, above brilliant red Antares, the Heart of the Scorpion.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman. com [web site down for remodeling]

      Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger Café. Play now!