    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2007

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for
      sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets in the night sky as well.

      ************ ********* ********* ********* ****
      constellation LEO from August 4th to September 7th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the LION (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

      The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather what happens when you recite it and enter with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have
      their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

       *  M A N T R A  # 2 2  *

      Das Lichte aus Weltenweiten,

      Im Innern lebt es kräftig fort:

      Es wird zum Seelenlichte

      Und leuchtet in die Geistestiefen,

      Um Früchte zu entbinden,

      Die Menschenselbst aus Weltenselbst

      Im Zeitenlaufe reifen lassen.

      The Light out of World-Widenesses

      In my Inner lives as a continuing power;

      It turns into Soul-Light

      And shines in Spirit-deeps,

      The Fruit to unbind,

      That Man's Self out of World's Self

      In Time's course will allow to ripen.

      This week's mantra:

          Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within releasing the fruit of its working, to evolve a 'Self' out of the 'World-Self'. This is because, at the time of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the external world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a summer dream-state. Our Nature-Consciousness strives to become inner Self Consciousness---- but at first we may feel fear, due to no longer being able to 'lean on' outer things for consciousness, which is why the symbol of the warrior archangel is placed before us at Michaelmas, summoning us to have courage: for we are not going to die as our summer nature-consciousness wanes, but rather wake up.

         This week's verse is the first appearance of Autumn dulling the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been gained from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday September 2nd. Moon Taurus. Absalom.

      Monday,September 3rd. Moon Gemini. Last Quarter. Eusebius.

      Tuesday, September 4th. Moon Gemini.  Marcellus, School of Peter. Moses.

      Wednesday September 5th. Moon Cancer. Nathaniel (he who in John's Gospel was named a 'true Israelite').

      Thursday, September 6th. Moon Cancer. Zacharias the Prophet. 1729 Moses  Mendelssohn born. 1809 the Biblical critic Bruno Bauer born.

      Friday, September 7th. Moon Leo. Regina.

      Saturday, September 8th. Moon Leo.  Birth of Mary. Corbinianus, spreader of

                                        Christianity in France & Germany in the 8th century.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

      Bright JUPITER rules the night sky; it's in the south at sunset, above brilliant red Antares, the Heart of the Scorpion.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman. com [web site temporarily down for remodeling]