    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2007

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for
      sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets in the night sky as well.

      ************ ********* ********* ********* ****
      constellation LEO from August 4th to September 7th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the LION (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

      The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather what happens when you recite it and enter with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have
      their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

       *  M A N T R A  # 2 1  *

      Ich fühle fruchtend fremde Macht

      Sich stärkend mir mich selbst verleihn,

      Den Keim empfind ich reifend

      Und Ahnung lichtvoll weben

      Im Innern an der Selbstheit Macht.

      I feel bearing fruit a foreign Power

      Which strengthens me, my self to bestow,

      I sense the Seed ripening

      And a premonition of light-filled weaving together

      Of my Innermost onto the Selfhood's Might.

      This week's mantra:

            Last week one felt one's self for the first time since 'losing' it (in the Summer light & warmth); but along with this was an acute sense that one would perish along with all one's creations if built from that self alone.

           This week, the spiritual 'seed' that was planted in the summer 'waking dream-state' reaches a stage of ripening where it may begin to bestow upon us a 'spiritual Self' instead; and we have a strong fore-sensing this will be able to join with the deepest inner forces, which the ordinary self would not be able to tap into.

      Sunday August 26th. Moon Aquarius. Samuel the Isarelite Priest.

      Monday,August 27th. Moon Pisces. 1770 Hegel born.

      Tuesday, August 28th. Moon Pisces. Full Moon. Eclipse of the Moon. Augustine, the famous Church leader died 430. 1749 Goethe born.

      Wednesday August 29th. Moon Pisces. Beheading of John the Baptist.

      Thursday, August 30th. Moon Aries. 1856 John Ross, the discoverer of the magnetic North Pole died.

      Friday, August 31st. Moon Aries. Joshua, the successor to Moses. 1821 the Natural Scientist Helmholtz born.

      Saturday, September 1st. Moon Taurus. Firminus.

      Bright JUPITER rules the night sky; it's in the south at sunset, above brilliant red Antares, the Heart of the Scorpion.

         There will be an eclipse of the full moon Tuesday night.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman. com [web site temporarily down for remodeling]