Soul-Calendar, Week 19

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 2007
      The "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but
      the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated
      with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos),
      plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for
      sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of
      spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form. I have added some
      details on the planets in the night sky as well.

      constellation LEO from August 4th to September 7th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the LION (from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications), is
      attached to this e-mail.

      uses symbolic images, like the Zodiac image (called "Imaginations"), to
      awaken "spiritual sight", and mantras ("Inspirations") to open "spiritual
      hearing."
      experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have
      theirrhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using
      the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go
      from English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 1 9 *
      Geheimnisvoll das Neu-Empfang'ne
      Mit der Erinnerung zu umschliessen,
      Sie meines Strebens weitrer Sinn:
      Es soll starkend Eigenkr�fte
      In meinem Innern wecken
      Und werdend mich mir selber geben.

      Mysteriously the newly-received
      With the Memory to enclose,
      Be my Striving's wider Sense:
      It will strengthen Self-forces
      In my Inner awaken
      And becoming me my self give.

      An interpretation:
      The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are
      to find our "selves" again in the World-Self.
      This week that process is at the point where we have received this 'world
      self' in the past month, through experiencing the summer's beauty through
      the senses, have taken in to the soul's depths, and now we seek to enclose
      this Summer-Event within memory. In the future, the world's very essence
      will become something permanently part of us, giving us a new 'self' as it
      evolves us further.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday August 12th. Moon Leo. New Moon. Clara. Hilaria. Sulpicius.

      Monday,August 13th. Moon Virgo. Hippolytus.

      Tuesday, August 14th. Moon Virgo. Eusebius.

      Wednesday August 15th. Moon Virgo. Mary's Ascension to Heaven.

      Thursday, August 16th. Moon Libra. 1743 the Chemist Lavoisier born.

      Friday, August 17th. Moon Libra. Augusta.

      Saturday, August 18th. Moon Scorpio. Joachim (Father of Mary).

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

      Bright JUPITER rules the night sky; it's in the south at sunset, to the left
      of and above brilliant red Antares, the Heart of the Scorpion. The waxing
      moon will gradually approach closer to it throughout the week.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.com [web site temporarily down for remodeling]

      More photos, more messages, more storage�get 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 27, 2008

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

        These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st to August 3rd in our era.
        A version of a new symbolic image of the CRAB (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

         *  M A N T R A  # 1 9 *

        Geheimnisvoll das Neu-Empfang'ne

        Mit der Erinnerung zu umschliessen,

        Sie meines Strebens weitrer Sinn:

        Es soll starkend Eigenkräfte

        In meinem Innern wecken

        Und werdend mich mir selber geben.

        Mysteriously the newly-received

        With the Memory to enclose,

        Be my Striving's wider Sense:

        It will strengthen Self-forces

        In my Inner awaken

        And becoming me my self give.

        *******The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our 'selves' again, in the 'World-Self.'

            This week that process is at the point where we have received this 'world self' in the past month, have taken in to the soul's depths, and now we seek to enclose this Summer-Event within memory.

            In the future, the world's very essence will become something
        permanently part of us, giving us a new 'self' as it evolves us further.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

        Sunday, July 27th. Moon Gemini. Martha.

        Monday, July 28th. Moon Gemini. 1750 Johann Seb. Bach died. 1794 Robespierre executed.1804 Philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach born.

        Tuesday, July 29th. Moon Cancer. Simplicius. 1856 Robert Schumann died.

        Wednesday July 30th. Moon Cancer. Ruth.

        Thursday, July 31st. Moon Leo. 1472 University of Munich founded.

                          1556 Ignatius von Loyola died. 1886 Franz Liszt died.

        Friday, August 1st. Moon Leo. New Moon. Macabees. 1744 Natural Scientist Lamarck born.

        Saturday, August 2nd. Moon Virgo.  Hannibal. 1832 Olcott born. Lughnasa (festival in old Ireland).

        PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

           SATURN and MARS are both in the West at sunset. close to the Heart of the Lion, Regulus. Mars is further Eastward (to the left). Saturn and Regulus are becoming invisible as the sun approaches them, but Mars will still be visible a few weeks longer. The first crescent of the new moon will pass by it Sunday and Monday Aug. 2nd and 3rd.

           JUPITER is the bright white 'star' rising in the southeast at sunset. The brilliant red star to the right of it is the heart of Skorpius, Anatres.

        Stay in touch when you're away with Windows Live Messenger. IM anytime you're online.