Soul-Calendar Week 18

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4 8:26 PM
      The "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but
      the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated
      with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos),
      plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for
      sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of
      spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form. I have added some
      details on the planets in the night sky as well.

      constellation LEO from August 4th to September 7th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the LION (from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications), is
      attached to this e-mail.

      uses symbolic images, like the Zodiac image (called "Imaginations"), to
      awaken "spiritual sight", and mantras ("Inspirations") to open "spiritual
      hearing."
      experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have
      theirrhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using
      the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go
      from English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 1 8 *
      Kann ich die Seele weiten,
      Dass sie sich selbst verbinden
      Empfangnem Welten-Keimesworte?
      Ich ahne, dass ich Kraft muss finden
      Die Seele w�rdig zu gestalten
      Zum Geistes-Kleide sich zu bilden.

      Can I the Soul widen
      That she herself can bind
      To conceived World-Seed-Word?
      I sense that I strength must find
      The Soul worthily to form
      To Spirit-Clothing to build itself.

      An interpretation:
      The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are
      to find our "selves" again in the World-Self, in the wintertime.
      This week we feel a fore-sensing of the need for more inner strength, to
      widen ourselves
      more so as to take in that world that speaks to us through the senses'
      beauty (which we have been taking in to the soul's depths since Summer
      began). The expanse of the world in its very essence is already a seed
      planted within us by the Cosmic Word, like a conception which will lead to
      birth at
      Christmastime; we feel the need to form our Soul well enough to provide the
      outer garment for this spirit when it 'incarnates'.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

      Sunday August 5th. Moon Taurus. Last Quarter. 1396 Gutenberg born.

      Monday,August 6th. Moon Gemini. Sixtus.

      Tuesday, August 7th. Moon Gemini. Asra. Cajetan. Donatus. Petrus and
      Julianus. Ulrika.

      Wednesday August 8th. Moon Gemini. Cyriacus. Justinus. Romanus. Eseverus.
      Smaragdus. Ladislaus.

      Thursday, August 9th. Moon Cancer. Cajetan. Ericus.

      Friday, August 10th. Moon Cancer. Agathe. Laurentius.

      Saturday, August 11th. Moon Leo. Alexander. Gottlieb. Hermann. Radegunde.
      Susanna. Tiburtius.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

      Bright JUPITER rules the night sky; it's in the south at sunset, to the left
      of and above brilliant
      red Antares, the Heart of the Scorpion.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.com [web site temporarily down for remodeling]

      See what you�re getting into�before you go there
      http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_preview_0507