Soul-calendar, Week 17 after Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2007

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

      These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but
      the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated
      with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos),
      plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for
      sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of
      spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

      Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form. I have added some
      details on the planets in the night sky as well.

      constellation CANCER from July 21st through August 3rd in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the CRAB (from the original
      Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications), is
      attached to this e-mail, below.

      uses symbolic images, like the Zodiac image (called "Imaginations"), to
      awaken "spiritual sight", and mantras ("Inspirations") to open "spiritual
      experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have
      theirrhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using
      the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go
      from English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 1 7 *
      Es spricht das Weltenwort,
      Das ich durch Sinnestore
      In Seelengr�nden durfte f�hren:
      Erf�lle deine Geistestiefen
      Mit meinen Weltenweiten,
      Zu finden einstens mich in dir.

      There speaks the World-Word,
      That I through the Senses' Gate
      Would let lead to Soul's Ground:
      "Fill your Spirit-Deeps
      With my World-Widenesses
      To find one day Me in you."

      An interpretation:
      The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out
      the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in
      the World-Self.
      This week that world speaks to us through the senses' beauty
      which we take in to the soul's depths, saying that, as we fill our "I" with
      the expanse of the world, its very essence will become something permanently
      part of us.

      Sunday July 29th. Moon Aquarius. Full Moon. Simplicius. 1856 Robert Schumann

      Monday, July 30th. Moon Aquarius. Ruth.

      Tuesday, July 31st. Moon Pisces. 1472 University of Munich founded.
      1556 Ignatius von Loyola died. 1886 Franz Liszt died.

      Wednesday August 1st. Moon Pisces. Macabees. 1744 Natural Scientist Lamarck

      Thursday, August 2nd. Moon Aries. Hannibal. 1832 Olcott born.

      Friday, August 3rd. Moon Aries.1492 Start of the first Voyage of Columbus.

      Saturday, August 4th. Moon Taurus. Dominic (Founder of the Dominican
      Order). Josias, King of Judea. Josias, the Prophet. Tertullian. Aristarchus.
      1792 the Poet Shelley born.

      VENUS is a brilliant Evening Star high in the West above the setting sun
      each evening. It is very close to the star Regulus, the 'heart of the Lion'.
      To the right of both is dimmer yellowish SATURN. Both planets are about to
      disappear into the Sun' s glow and become invisible for a time.

      Bright JUPITER is in the south at sunset, to the left of and above brilliant
      red Antares, the Heart of the Scorpion.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.com [web site temporarily down for remodeling]