Re: Gulags for Anthros?

    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 27, 2007

      Mr. Mason wrote:

      > [The inner circle of New World Order] understand

      > that Anthroposophy is a serious obstacle to their

      > aims, however insignificant and muddled Anthropo-

      > sophists may appear to be on the physical plane.

      > [brackets mine]

      I'll at least accept the possibility that you're seeing something in the heart of Anthroposophists that I cannot see.  You're a bright person.  Maybe you're right and Anthroposophy is a world-force around the globe capable of intimidating the New World Order.  Where as I see a movement riddled with neurosis, I'm open to the possibility that there is a silent majority out there that I haven't encountered who have the spiritual wisdom to illuminate the world.  Maybe they're the ones capable of bringing a new vision of Christ to the 21st century, as mainstream Christianity atrophies and dies.

      That is the worst nightmare scenario of the New World Order---an illuminated Christian Church, empowered by occultism, spiritualized by God, saved by Jesus Christ, our Lord.

      When Anthroposophists are tired of dicking around with their asinine conspiracy theories, their rabid anti-Semitism, and their sickening hatred of the United States , wake me up and I'll pick up my sword.  Until then, you guys are on your own.

      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mason <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > see any major political conflicts arising
      > anytime soon between the New World Order and
      > Anthroposophy. Nor can I envision the average
      > Anthroposophist being locked up in a re-
      > education camp or a Gulag. In fact, I see the
      > opposite occuring. The New World Order and the
      > average Anthroposophist are in perfect
      > agreement on so many issues (i.e. gun control,
      > immigration, the Fairness Doctrine) that the
      > two spheres almost seem to be an extension of
      > one another. Anthroposophists should stop
      > flattering themselves with the idea that
      > they're radical intellectuals, when quite the
      > opposite is true.<<
      >
      > Robert writes:
      >
      > That's an interesting perception of the
      > "average" Anthro, and maybe you have more
      > experience on which to base it than I have. I
      > suppose to some extent, at least, it's true.
      > Anthros are only people, and most people have
      > the outlook that is normal in the society
      > around them. When people come to Anthroposophy
      > they usually bring some of the "normal"
      > prejudices with them. It's an individual
      > matter as to how much the encounter with
      > Anthroposophy will make the Anthro into a
      > "radical intellectual", to use your phrase.
      >
      > Nevertheless, Anthroposophy itself is very much
      > at odds with the prevailing materialistic
      > worldview, and those Powers That Be (those in
      > the inner circles) know this fact very well,
      > and they understand that Anthroposophy is a
      > serious obstacle to their aims, however
      > insignificant and muddled Anthroposophists may
      > appear to be on the physical plane.
      >
      > Therefore, just having any connection with
      > Anthroposophy might well put someone on the
      > arrest list, or the extermination list.
      > Picture this: The black-clad, ski-masked,
      > body-armored SWAT team is kicking in the door,
      > shooting the dog, and hauling the startled,
      > unarmed Anthro into the paddy wagon. Do you
      > suppose it would do him any good to protest,
      > "No, no; I believe in open borders. I'm for
      > gun control. I love the U.N., I really do." --
      > ?Hm?? Do you think that the steroid-pumped
      > HiGs would relent and release the "terrorist"?
      > Or do you suppose that the magistrate, if there
      > be any magistrates or *habeus corpus* left in
      > the NWO, would appreciate the PC-ness of the
      > "average Anthro" and let him go on his merry
      > way?
      >
      > Maybe, maybe . . . . But maybe not. If the NWO
      > comes down, is it gonna come down as hard as
      > the Power That Be would like it to, or would
      > there be some restraint? That's kinda the
      > question I was asking, and asking whether
      > traditional American respect for freedom would
      > yet impose that restraint more than in Europe.
      > But I don't much doubt that the Powers That Be
      > would like to exterminate anyone who has any
      > real appreciation of Anthroposophy.
      >
      > I appreciate your take on the "average" Anthro;
      > I wonder whether anyone has taken a poll?
      >
      > Robert Mason

      > Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.

    • happypick2000
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 27, 2007
        Dear Friends,

        In light of the recent ponderings and wonderings regarding the
        preservation of Anthroposophy, I should like to offer for
        consideration the following exerpt from a writing by a close co-worker
        of Rudolf Steiner, Frau Helle Unger Weisshaar, in response to the
        permanence of Anthroposophy. Frau Helle entitled her small work "The
        Foundation Stone of the General Anthroposophical Society." I quote the
        beginning words of her writing:

        "Chapter I

        On the 25th of December, 1923, there took place in Dornach the
        laying of the Foundation Stone of the General Anthroposophical
        Society. Rudolf Steiner had sent an invitation to all members of the
        Anthroposophical Society to come to Dornach to work out, together, a
        form for the society suitable to the needs of the Anthroposophical
        Movement.
        "In place of ordinary statutes for the newly-founded General
        Society, there was presented, item by item, to the members (for their
        acceptance or the suggestion of alternatives) a description of what
        might be accomplished by people in a purely human life-association as
        an Anthroposophical Society. The GROUND in which the Foundation Stone
        was laid WAS THE HEARTS AND SOULS of the personalities joined in the
        Anthroposophical Society. THE FOUNDATION STONE ITSELF WAS to be the
        moral force welling up from the anthroposophical conduct of life. This
        moral force (attitude-Gesinnung) develops by means of self-deepening
        and soul-dicipline on the way to awareness of the spirit and to life
        in accordance with the spirit.
        Anthroposophy is the path to the true man. Believing in the good
        will of those who, supported by love of truth, will follow this path
        and relying upon their serious purpose to educate themselves, by means
        of spiritual training, to live in Truth, to feel the Truth, to think
        the Truth, Rudolf Steiner fashioned in mantric form the following
        Foundation Stone of the General Anthroposophical Society, and
        entrusted it to the hearts and souls of the seven to eight hundred
        people who came together in response to his call for this Christmas
        Conference in Dornach.

        "I
        Soul of Man!
        Thou livest in the LIMBS
        Which bear thee through the Space-expanses
        Into the ocean of Spirit-Being.
        Practice SPIRIT RECOLLECTION
        In depths of soul.
        Where, in the power of World-creator-Beings,
        Thy Self takes origin from Self Divine-
        And thou shall live in Truth
        In Human-Cosmic Being!
        For the Father Spirit of the Heights doth reign
        In the Depths of the world, begetting Being.
        Ye Spirits of Strength!
        Let from the Heights ring forth
        What in the Depths its echo doth find,
        It speaks:
        FROM THE DIVINE SPRINGETH MANKIND.
        Spirit Beings hear it in East, West, North, South;
        May human beings hear it!

        II

        Soul of Man!
        Thou livest in the PULSE OF HEART AND LUNGS,
        Which leads thee through the rhythm of Time
        Into the feeling of thine own soul being.
        Practice SPIRIT-CONTEMPLATIO
        Within Soul's even balance,
        Where the world-evolving deeds upsurging
        Unite thy very Self with Cosmic Selfhood-
        And thou shall feel the Truth
        In human Soul-Endeavor!
        For the Christ=Will enriching doth reign
        In the rhythms of the world, blessing Souls.
        Ye Spirits of Light!
        Let from the East be enkindled
        What in the West taketh form,
        It speaks:
        IN CHRIST DEATH BECOMES LIFE.
        Spirit Beings hear it in East, West, North, South;
        May human beings hear it!

        III

        Soul of Man!
        Thou livest in the RESTING HEAD,
        Which from eternal sources
        Unlocks world thoughts to thee.
        Practice SPIRIT AWARENESS
        In stillness of thought,
        Where eternal aims divine grant Cosmic Being's Light
        To the very Self, to use as it wills
        And thou shalt think the Truth
        In depths of human Spirit.

        For the Spirit's Cosmic Thoughts do reign
        In Cosmic Being, Light Imploring.
        Ye Spirits of Soul!
        Let prayers arise from the Depths
        Which in the Heights will be heard,
        It speaks:
        IN THE SPIRIT'S COSMIC THOUGHTS THE SOUL AWAKENS.
        Spirit Beings hear it in East, West, North, South;
        May human beings hear it!

        ==========================
        "These three stanzas give expression to the strongest imaginable
        challenge to the human soul, a challenge to human beings who have
        prepared themselves, or who have the will to prepare themselves by
        study and practice of the truths of spiritual science and by their own
        soul-deepening, to travel the path which leads to awareness of the
        spirit and to life in accord with the spirit. Such a forceful call
        could come only out of confidence in this good will and Rudolf Steiner
        gave it new enthusiasm by the directing power of the Foundation Stone
        Mantram which would affect the hearts and souls of all those present
        in Dornach either in person or in spirit. This mantram, united with
        will, borne by the love of truth, forms the living foundation for an
        association of people who intend to take as their task the nurture of
        the Spirit-Being Anthrops Sophia. Cosmic forces rest as living
        substance in these words; they can still unfold their creative
        activity today in anyone who conceives them within his own soul and
        relives them over and over again. They can become the Foundation Stone
        upon which he may build, if he dedicates his will to the furthering
        and development of the General Anthroposophical Society for the sake
        of the progress of human evolution. ..."

        Blessings,

        ________________________________________________________________________\
        > ____________
        > > Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with
        > Yahoo! FareChase.
        > > http://farechase.yahoo.com/

      • Robert Mason
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 29, 2007
          To Matthew Morrell, who wrote:

          >>I'll at least accept the possibility that
          you're seeing something in the heart of
          Anthroposophists that I cannot see. You're a
          bright person. Maybe you're right and
          Anthroposophy is a world-force around the globe
          capable of intimidating the New World Order.
          Where as I see a movement riddled with
          neurosis, I'm open to the possibility that
          there is a silent majority out there that I
          haven't encountered who have the spiritual
          wisdom to illuminate the world. Maybe they're
          the ones capable of bringing a new vision of
          Christ to the 21st century, as mainstream
          Christianity atrophies and dies.<<

          Robert writes:

          I was trying to get at the idea that the
          Truth and the spiritual power that is
          inherent in Anthroposophy itself (that is,
          the spiritual Beings Who inspire and guide
          Anthroposophy on both sides of the Veil) are
          more threatening to the dark power-occultic
          agenda than are the capacities and wisdom of
          Anthroposophists on Earth. Steiner once
          compared the state of earthly Anthroposophy in
          his day to the state of early Christianity in
          the Roman Empire: Christianity was persecuted
          and had to survive literally underground in the
          catacombs for several centuries before it could
          emerge to shape the larger structures of
          society. (The Roman power-occultists at last
          decided that, since they could not exterminate
          Christianity, they would "co-opt" it into the
          Roman Catholic Church. Even so, the real power
          in Christianity lived on to move human/social
          evolution forward.) Likewise, Anthroposophy
          might have to live a "catacomb"-life for
          several centuries before ideas such as the
          *threefold commonwealth* could shape the larger
          societies.

          The activities of Anthroposophists on Earth
          are not wholly irrelevant to all this, but
          even if we can do no more than keep the spark
          alive, then, whatever our failures, Anthroposophy
          might yet emerge to shape the larger world
          of politics, economics, and culture. The
          dark power-occultists see this "danger" to
          their aims, thus they are a danger to Anthros
          on Earth.

          I don't think that the "new vision" of the
          Ethereal Christ depends essentially on the
          activities of Anthros on Earth; that vision is
          coming anyway, as Steiner prophesied.

          Matthew wrote:

          >>When Anthroposophists are tired of dicking
          around with their asinine conspiracy theories,
          their rabid anti-Semitism, and their sickening
          hatred of the United States, wake me up and
          I'll pick up my sword. Until then, you guys
          are on your own.<<

          Robert writes:

          I don't know which "Anthroposophists" you are
          talking about; your characterization hardly
          describes Anthros-in-general as I have
          encountered them. If you're giving your
          perception of me in particular, then that
          perception is wrong; the only truth in it is
          that I do believe that conspiracies exist.

          Robert M

        • christopherraymond_bio
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 29, 2007
            Dear Mathew,

            Dr. Steiner said there was a Conspiracy against the Holy Spirit and
            Christ. I believe that in order to have this come about, it is a
            required fact that some "spill over" into the material world as
            Conspiracies will appear. And I appreciate Robert's link on the
            revisionist history also, because even though I tend to keep these
            matters separate from spiritual ideas and concepts, they are often
            closely linked together.

            For example, I know this 'new' member of the Anthroposophical Movement
            who considered NOT paying income tax several years ago. He is aware
            that under International Admiralty Maritime Law or "Roman Cannot Law",
            or "law of the open waters", that contract provisions are in place
            that force "Citizens" to pay income tax. However under Common Law or
            Civil Law, which is based upon the Bill of Rights and the Constitution
            of America, or the Canadian Charter of Rights, there is NO LAW
            requiring one to pay income tax. To this VERY day, No-one can show
            YOU the law.

            Common law and Civil Law, which is really the "law of the land" is
            nearly the same in both Canada and in the "united states of America".
            Notice that the "UNITED STATES" is today spelled in 'CAPPS' as a
            corporation and this is not known to most people why that is so.
            However, to become a "non-citizen" and to return yourself to a
            sovereign American or Canadian, is not something that many people are
            knowledgeable enough to do. This has also much to do with why on the
            bottom of your birth certificate it now says, Canadian Bank Note, or
            Treasury Bond, in very tiny print. Even a soldier, or a GI, (as in
            GI-JOE) is short for "General Issue" or a "Bank Note". That is why,
            it was once optional to fill out an income tax form. Now it is
            illegal to file for an amount less than what the government assumes
            you made for that period on your income tax return. Keep in mind also,
            that not one penny of Income Tax goes toward paying off any debt, or
            to the poor, or even to the government! The Income Tax we pay goes
            straight into the hands of the type of dictators who the Founding
            Fathers opposed during the Revolution. They opposed it with blood. I
            do not want to see a Restoration occur in America; even the words of
            Edgar Cayce, were about protecting the Constitution of America and
            what happened in Germany will not happen in America.

            I recall the words of President George Washington regarding the
            colonists having gladly paid a few more pennies tax on tea but to be
            forced to pay an un-apportioned tax on your labor, and a tax without
            representation, is tyranny. It is a tax that Kings place upon
            servants and NOT free men.

            That person is me. I decided to look into this matter further and
            upon much reflection, I've decided I will keep paying income tax for
            now because the government is so corrupt and evil today, that they are
            not even following the very rules that they themselves put in place
            and used to follow. I could go on for days into more detail here but
            the point is, if they had a Trojan Horse in the days of Troy, or a
            back door, then how can we ignore having a decent firewall?

            Chris

            ________________________________________________________________________\

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 29, 2007

              >For example, I know this 'new' member of the Anthroposophical Movement

              who considered NOT paying income tax several years ago. He is aware
              that under International Admiralty Maritime Law or "Roman Cannot Law",
              or "law of the open waters", that contract provisions are in place
              that force "Citizens" to pay income tax. However under Common Law or
              Civil Law, which is based upon the Bill of Rights and the Constitution
              of America , or the Canadian Charter of Rights, there is NO LAW
              requiring one to pay income tax. To this VERY day, No-one can show
              YOU the law.

              A lot of good thoughts there, Chris.  You're a true rebel.

              I am myself a "light" socialist, and so therefore we might differ in some areas concerning taxes and Constitutional law.  But at least it's good to find somebody in Anthroposophy who approaches these issues from the standpoint of love, not hate, for America-Canada, and that you're the type of person who would rather avoid violence than create it un-necessarily.  Both of us would rather see the Reformation fought on the mental plane, through open debate and free discussion rather than on the streets of our cities where we know who the victor will be.

              The French Revolution was fought on the streets by peasants with pitch forks, and it won them Napoleon.  On a massive scale the working man usurped the Romanov Russian Empire, and their blood gave them Lenin, Trotsky and finally Stalin, who obliterated them all.  The German beer hall meetings of the 1920s led to Hitler.  In each instance, good intentions were hoped for by well-meaning people, but tyranny was all that followed.

              For our Reformation to succeed it must not allow itself to be pulled into the dark, turbid waters where nearly every revolution ends.   Our Reformation must imbue itself with clear thinking, direct motives, and foresight to overcome the huge obstacles that lie ahead.  Our revolution must be fought from above, with Michael's divine assistance---or else it is doomed to create ever-greater dimensions of tyranny.

              Therefore be a good boy, keep paying your taxes, stay out of jail, and leave radical government reformations to the Christ impulse working through our Time Spirit.  He'll right the ship in ways that you or I can't possibly imagine, if we work by His will, not by ours.

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                *******I think you're right, Matthew. The Ahrimanic World Order seldom
                directly censors or openly confronts spiritual truth, when it's much easier
                to adopt a two- or three-pronged strategy of ridiculing it when appropriate,
                co-opting it if possible, and working to undermine it behind the scenes. So
                anthroposophic medicine is ridiculed--- all you need to is refer to someone
                as a "quack" when a brief mention is made of anything other than materialist
                medicine--- and the Waldorf Schools have been flooded with leftists, even
                though to anyone with a clear mind, Marxism and anthroposophy are like oil
                and water. Offer people a "European" education with a few ideas borrowed
                from Waldorf, and even perhaps vouchers so people will still keep condemning
                their kids to public schools. As one thinker said, When the government
                controls the schools it does not need to control the press.

                There is only one way to keep from being co-opted: that's to think in
                clear, objective principles just what spiritual science is and keep it
                before you at all times. It's this: in our age we are dualists, we accept
                that there is matter and that can be investigated scientifically, and then
                there is what is immaterial and that is the domain of faith and belief only.
                We reject this sick philosophy. We are monists. There is only one world. It
                can all be investigated. There are no limits to knowledge except those Man
                imposes on himself. We can investigate spirit and soul as much as matter---
                and, moreover, any investigation of matter which leaves the latter two out,
                results in AT BEST only partial truths, and, at worst, complete illusions.

                >From: "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@...>
                >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: [steiner] Re: Gulags for Anthros?
                >Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 00:07:30 -0000
                >

                >If they start censoring Steiner's lectures, don't fret. Start
                >uploading his censored material onto the Internet---and those teachings,
                >in turn, will become more available than they are now. In our time, the
                >Internet is our greatest weapon against totalitarian control of ideas.
                >

                >To upload material onto the Internet:
                >

                > * first scan the written material onto your computer * save it in
                >some document format, preferably as a pdf file. * find an Internet
                >hosting agent (register under an alias) * upload your document using
                >the Internet authoring software of your choice, such as Dreamweaver.
                >

                >When they remove your Web page, upload the material again through
                >another hosting agent.
                >
                >Now, as far as "saving" Anthro from totalitarianism, that's kind of an
                >oxymoron, isn't it? Maybe the Internet has warped my view of
                >Anthroposophy as a whole, but I really don't see any major political
                >conflicts arising anytime soon between the New World Order and
                >Anthroposophy. Nor can I envision the average Anthroposophist being
                >locked up in a re-education camp or a Gulag.
                >
                >In fact, I see the opposite occuring. The New World Order and the
                >average Anthroposophist are in perfect agreement on so many issues (i.e.
                >gun control, immigration, the Fairness Doctrine) that the two spheres
                >almost seem to be an extension of one another. Anthroposophists should
                >stop flattering themselves with the idea that they're radical
                >intellectuals, when quite the opposite is true.

                More photos, more messages, more storage�get 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail.
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                  *******All I can say about fears for the future is what Dr. Steiner said,
                  and advised us to do, in the attached JPEG. If Ahriman prevents it from
                  going through (as Yahoo now prevents anything as living as an image from
                  going through in e-mail, only the dead letter), I'll type it out. It's a
                  mantra for saying morning and evening to work with the Michaelic forces.
                  Steiner says in introducing it that we must have no fear for what comes to
                  us from the future but know it is guided by a world- intelligence of wisdom
                  and love. I see hopeful signs in what you describe, especially here in the
                  U.S.

> [...]
                  >to Anthros who are familiar with the idea that
                  >cultural materialism in the world comes
                  >primarily from America. It might well be that,
                  >despite the many years of pervasive,
                  >materialistic-Darwinistic "education", there
                  >still remains among the American people a deep,
                  >widespread, instinctive hold on at least some
                  >elements of a spiritual worldview. To this
                  >American observer, such instincts do not seem
                  >to be as pervasive and widespread among the
                  >European population, at least not in Western
                  >and Central Europe. (Perhaps some Europeans
                  >here might wish to comment on this observation?)
                  >
                  >I get the feeling, or at least the hope, that,
                  >given this instinctive American spirituality
                  >and the strong American tradition of "freedom
                  >of speech", such legal atrocities as that
                  >committed against Pastor Lerle are still not
                  >possible here in the USA. And likewise, I get
                  >the feeling that moves to censor Anthroposophy,
                  >or to imprison outspoken Anthros for promoting
                  >"racism" or whatnot, are not as great a danger
                  >in the US as they are in Germany and much of
                  >Europe. Not yet, anyway.
                  >
                  >I realize that there are powerful forces
                  >working to make such dangers real in the US,
                  >still it seems to me that the main attacks
                  >against spirituality and freedom in the US come
                  >not so much in the form of legal prohibitions
                  >but rather in the form of making people
                  >inwardly incapable of spiritual freedom. This
                  >American oppression comes from the combined
                  >might of economic and cultural perversions,
                  >mainly through "public education" but also
                  >through the financial "rat race", movies,
                  >"music", television, forced drugging, forced
                  >vaccinations, poisoned food, poisoned water,
                  >electromagnetic poisoning, etc., etc. (Such
                  >expos�s as that brought by Christine from
                  >Charlotte Iserbyt are enlightening in this
                  >regard.)
                  >
                  >I'm not saying that direct, legal attacks
                  >against freedom in the USA are not "in the
                  >works"; surely they are. But it seems that
                  >there is yet enough resistance, or potential
                  >resistance, in the American people so that the
                  >Powers That Be are not quite ready to make that
                  >final move. Not only the instinctive American
                  >spirituality and respect for personal freedom
                  >act as restraints on those Powers, but so also
                  >does the brute fact that the American people
                  >are armed, as well as the paradoxical fact
                  >that, to some extent, technology seems to be
                  >backfiring on the Ahrimanic powers: for
                  >instance, the "9-11 truth movement" could
                  >hardly have reached its present strength
                  >without the Internet. So many people are
                  >"waking up" that this movement could become a
                  >*real* problem for the Powers That Be in the US
                  >-- perhaps.
                  >
                  >But maybe I'm indulging in wishful thinking?
                  >Still, I do have the feeling that European
                  >Anthros should be more worried about being sent
                  >to the Gulags than should American Anthros, at
                  >least for now. I'd be interested to get and
                  >compare comments from European and American

                  Now you can see trouble�before he arrives
                  http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_protection_0507
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 2, 2007
                    *******Well, the main anthroposophists I've run into with loony conspiracy
                    theories are here on the internet. If you're a parent in a Waldorf School
                    and start going off the deep end with stuff like that, everyone will change
                    the subject or leave you to argue with some drunks or something. ;->

                    But it's certainly true that a lot of young people join bio-dynamic farms
                    and similar things out of alienation and are often politically nut-jobs.

                    I have never met an anti-Semitic anthroposophist, though. Quite the
                    opposite, I've known many Jewish ones and others who made a special study of
                    Judaism.

> [...]
                    > > the NWO, would appreciate the PC-ness of the
                    > > "average Anthro" and let him go on his merry
                    > > way?
                    > >
                    > > Maybe, maybe . . . . But maybe not. If the NWO
                    > > comes down, is it gonna come down as hard as
                    > > the Power That Be would like it to, or would
                    > > there be some restraint? That's kinda the
                    > > question I was asking, and asking whether
                    > > traditional American respect for freedom would
                    > > yet impose that restraint more than in Europe.
                    > > But I don't much doubt that the Powers That Be
                    > > would like to exterminate anyone who has any
                    > > real appreciation of Anthroposophy.
                    > >
                    > > I appreciate your take on the "average" Anthro;
                    > > I wonder whether anyone has taken a poll?
                    > >
                    > > Robert Mason
                    > >

                    >________________________________________________________________________\
                    >____________
                    > > Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with

                    A new home for Mom, no cleanup required. All starts here.
                  • christopherraymond_bio
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 4, 2007
                      Thanks Mathew. You know Canada has a Charter of Rights which grants
                      less freedom than the Constitution. When I refer here to freedom, it
                      is temporal freedom and not 'true freedom' but basic regulation on
                      what powers the government can act upon. So we can say that the
                      Constitution is allowing the US government less authority than does
                      the Canadian Charter of Rights. But today Canadians actually
                      appear to have more freedom than do Americans. Europeans will not
                      travel into America today and this must reflect something more than
                      "Socialist" or "Republican", or "Libertarian", or even the
                      Constitution.

                      I recall Dr. Steiner making it clear how St. Germain opposed the
                      French Revolution and how he felt that changes were not to be forced
                      upon people through violence. I was born a rebel but my obligations
                      are needed elsewhere, so i have done exactly what you said and I am
                      behaving myself.

                      I haven't read too much on Dr. Steiner's view of politics, business,
                      banking or even spiritual socialism but I find that many socialists
                      are acting like better 'free-market' business people than so-called
                      republicans today. For example, the medi-care system is Canada is in
                      shambles and our drugs are overpriced. And people attribute this to
                      it being a socialist nation and having too much government
                      involvement. However, when I compare it to the average cost of drugs
                      sold in America, I wonder how those Republicans can be calling
                      themselves anything other than "fascists"? For when business and
                      government merge, to me this is a cartel, or fascism. Yet they still
                      call themselves "Republicans" and know nothing of free-enterprise.
                      When a so-called socialist sits down with me and discusses
                      things, many Canadians are calling themselves this, they're often
                      acting as better Republicans, such that the lines begin to blur and
                      all that remains is their ability to understand "right and wrong" and
                      not titles.

                      Chris

                      ________________________________________________________________________\

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 4, 2007
                        Generally speaking, political discussions are tolerated here, but not
                        necessarily welcome. So few, if any, have resulted in anything
                        positive or inspiring. Mostly, political discussions have diverted
                        from our central aim to delve into Rudolph Steiner's vision of
                        spiritual science--- not to provide a forum to endlessly exercise our
                        personal demons. Politics never seizes to drive wedges between
                        people who would otherwise be friends.

                        It is our semi-restriction on politics (especially America bashing)
                        that makes this forum unique from every other Rudolph Steiner forum
                        on the Internet. Our forum is also the least popular.

                        Just to avoid any misconceptions in the future, let me add that I'm
                        not really a Socialist, per se. I consider myself a "light"
                        socialist, meaning I believe in strong, socialistic programs (like
                        Social Security and FAFSA) that benefit society as a whole without
                        making the people dependent on big government. In fact, most
                        members here would consider me a "right winger".

> [...]
                        > > > forced to pay an un-apportioned tax on your labor, and a tax
                        without
                        > > > representation, is tyranny. It is a tax that Kings place upon
                        > > > servants and NOT free men.
                        > > >
                        > > > That person is me. I decided to look into this matter further
                        and
                        > > > upon much reflection, I've decided I will keep paying income
                        tax for
                        > > > now because the government is so corrupt and evil today, that
                        they are
                        > > > not even following the very rules that they themselves put in
                        place
                        > > > and used to follow. I could go on for days into more detail
                        here but
                        > > > the point is, if they had a Trojan Horse in the days of Troy,
                        or a
                        > > > back door, then how can we ignore having a decent firewall?

                        __\
                        > > \

                      • christopherraymond_bio
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 4, 2007
                          Agreed Mathew. Politics mix with Anthroposophy, as does oil and
                          water. The America bashing is annoying and too prevalent, almost a
                          trend lately.